Wet Conditions for Spa-Francorchamps Revealed for GT Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 27, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

dimassa19, marcvic, Quakebass and 6 others like this.
  2. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

That makes three rainy tracks now (four if you count Tokyo Expressway Central and East as separate courses). A Rainmasters GT League event seems like a possibility when the next patch drops now...

3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Nice! Now please bring us a rainy Circuit de la Sarthe.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    CT230R, Aero2000, Guffaluff and 20 others like this.
  4. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Dry condition Spa would be more my bag...

GTR365 and RappyThePro like this.
  5. SUPRASTAR0003

SUPRASTAR0003

And we’ll have to wait for Spa (with Wet Weather) for another two months. You know the new schedule.

6. speeeyskells

speeeyskells

it might come this patch so lets wait and see

7. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Also rainy bathurst and the nordscheliefe!!

8. George Jakob

George Jakob

Even more importantly night time Sarthe.

9. TypeRDC5

TypeRDC5

This!!!!!

Hope Spa has been delayed this long in order to release it to us with rain already included :) Still can't believe we are finally getting Spa!!! Can't wait..

10. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I can see Nordschleife happening but I don't feel overly confident about Bathurst though.

I would love that but I don't see that happening unfortunately. The circuit needs a rebuild as the modelling is outdated, it is fundamentally the model from GT5/6 bar a few updates, and I feel PD won't put resources into the environmental and asset lighting only to scrap it for the required rebuild.

I think that is the case. Finally getting Spa-Francorchamps will be amazing and I cannot wait to turn my first laps there in all weather conditions in my TS050 Hybrid.

sirjim73, AlanH49, Animedeaf and 4 others like this.
  11. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

Interlagos also needs wet weather, should also be a priority if you ask me, but I'm glad to see that Spa with come with the wet weather option already...Now we only need to know WHEN it will come.

12. LaSupra

LaSupra

Considering that it looked like Spa was mostly finished at the New York world tour back in August, barring a few details and dynamics; I assume they've had plenty of time to sort the model out by now and the wet weather variant seems to be added almost as a 'sorry' present for taking so long. Hopefully it will be coming this update to put the 'Spa-rtans' at ease :lol:

13. DPereira_2909

DPereira_2909

I don't think that's the case. If you compare, the road's completely different and a lot smoother as it is now in real life, compared to GT6, and the barrier placement, scenery and kerbs are quite different compared to the previous iteration as well.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  14. danimac

danimac

Yes that is so cool. I wasn’t expecting rain at Spa so soon. I seen several people mention it might come or hope it comes. Well now we know. Thanks PD. Rain on this circuit is more exciting than the other one’s. :bowdown:

15. Vspectra

Vspectra

I'm guessing we'll get this in November's update, and new track in December's update that will be shown at the Monaco event.

16. die996

die996

Yep, we desperately need "truly dark" conditions for all tracks. It's quite silly that most tracks only go to twilight/sunset/dusk, not to night. With nighttime we could make heat race-based 24h races.

17. Andre75

Andre75

Funny, I don't care about rain or night at all. But I would LOVE to have a dense fog option for every track. So dense, visibility is less than 50m. Now THAT would be fun.

18. xxy98cn

xxy98cn

anyway it's amazing

19. MIE1992

MIE1992

Do we necessarily know that there'll be a new track at Monaco? Where'd it indicate that?

20. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

We don’t, but it wouldn’t be a surprise that if there was a new track to come, which is possible and even likely, they’d show it at least partially at Monaco.

AgentBlackDog and AlanH49 like this.
  21. TotosaLoko

TotosaLoko

Still waiting for the night period and visual improvements at Le Mans (La Sarthe). For me, the circuit was hurriedly launched, easily losing to the IRacing and rFactor2 versions; but the rain would be very welcome too..

BrunusCL82 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  22. Vspectra

Vspectra

Nah only a guess, but it’s the last event to tease anything new, and GTplanet/Jordan did say at the August event they had heard PD was going to show a new-to-series circuit track before plans changed at the last minute to introduce Spa.

https://www.gtplanet.net/spa-francorchamps-gt-sport-soon/

“This both tallies with and contradicts some information we already had. There is an unknown track in the schedule for this weekend’s World Tour event, which is usually a solid indicator of a circuit that is waiting its grand debut. GTPlanet is on the ground at the event, and the rumors there were of a real world circuit coming to the game, but one that would be brand new to the series.”​

AlanH49 and MIE1992 like this.
  23. rhalgr

rhalgr

Wow. Having weather day 1 on Spa is worth the wait.

AlanH49 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  24. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm still waiting for that snow

25. GTV0819

GTV0819

Well, isn't Spa supposed to be wet already? :idea:

[​IMG]

26. Inferno251

Inferno251

It would be nice to see a night version of Spa if it arrives

27. KepleroGT

KepleroGT

Imagine if Polyphony updated La Sarthe to include night time. A championship in the dark - Bathurst, Spa, La Sarthe and the Nurburgring

28. WJHMH

WJHMH Premium

Sweet, I'm really looking forward to Spa now.

29. Vspectra

Vspectra

The wet roads at Spa need to be more reflective given it's heavy rain. I hope they don't rush it, it looks like they need more development time and polishing up, as it currently has weirdly placed random patches of reflective puddles while most of the track looks almost completely dry.

Should be more reflective like the bottom pic, and Tokyo Expressway rain shows it's possible to do.

[​IMG]

30. Leggacy

Leggacy

Did anyone notice that in the world tour event with the wet version of spa, all the cars wipers were synchronised. It’s not a game breaker but it’s quite annoying once you’ve seen it.