What are you listening to? (III)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 6,712 comments
  • 164,784 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
👍

Dream Theater - Panic Attack

:sly: I just had to...
 
My fan-assisted oven. :dopey:
 
Elton John - Gulliver (from 'Empty Sky', 1969)

The Velvet Underground - Head Held High (from 'Loaded', 1970)
 
Bodyrockers - I like the way
 
U2 - Vertigo
 
Audiophile Alert:

On Saturday, a friend of mine asked me to come over and take a listen to his new SACD player.
When I arrived he had a grin on his face like a Cheshire cat (also like a child on Christmas morning).
He'd picked up all the monster cables, so all six connectors going in and out (from CD to Amp to Speakers) were seperate.
After doing a quick listen to some Bob Dylan (good sound... I'm not a Bob fan) and the soundtrack of 'O brother where Art Thou' (great sound) We decide to move to the SACD version of Dark Side of the Moon.

I've been listening to this album for the past 30 years and thought I'd heard it all.
I was sorely mistaken.

Once the music went on, I quickly determined this was an 'eyes closed' situation.
My buddy has a rock solid (read this as expensive 'reference' style components).
The music was unbelievable. Separation of sound was intense. The Quad was unbelievable.
I had guitar solos walk around me in 360 degree glory (I was sitting in the sweet spot).
No hiss, no pounding (overly loud) sub. 'Loud' was good and clear.

It was pretty intense. I had to actually ask him to pause the CD before Side two as my head needed a bit of a breather.
Never had to do that before. Almost too much info to take in.

I have to say... SACD is unbelievable. Get a player if you can. Sell your old CD's and get SACD discs. Audiophiles will drool.

FYI: SACD: Super Audio CD

Now all I have to do is add "The Wizard of Oz on DVD" sync 'em up and my head can officially turn to mush.:D
 
Daniel Johnston - Living It For The Moment
 
SOAD - Question?





;)
 
The Mars Volta - The Widow
 
Ok, you know how sometime your just sitting there and you'll hear this sound that's really weird and you just sit there for a while thinking....what the **** is that sound?....Well that's what I'm listening too.
 
the_undrtaker89
Ok, you know how sometime your just sitting there and you'll hear this sound that's really weird and you just sit there for a while thinking....what the **** is that sound?....Well that's what I'm listening too.

:lol: kinda like when you go to a club get wasted and sit infront of the sub all night, then leave after god who knows how many hours, get in your car, turn the radio on full blast but it still sounds muffle, you get home, plop on the couch and it's silent but not really because you hear this buzz sound? :dopey:

Rob Thomas - Lonely No More
 
Rage Against the Machine - Guerilla Radio
 
Reservoir Dogs - Stuck in The Middle You.
 
Dredg - Whoa Is Me

I still stand by my statement that 'El Cielo' is better than 'Catch Without Arms'. Beautiful song. 👍
 
Flock of Seagulls - I Ran... (So Far Away)

👍👍
 
Ludacris - Get Back (-=:[: NEW :] :-=-:[: 24/7 JAMZ :]:=- ALL BEST HIPHOP RAP RnB DANCEHALL VIBZ 24/7 High Quality @128K)
 
Toto - Africa
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back