What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,973 comments
Listening to...

1660882844147.png

Rammstein's Sehnsucht album came out 25 years ago today. I would venture to say this song is probably still their most popular even after all these years. Oddly, this is the first time I've ever actually watched the music video to it. I don't know what I was expecting.

Last edited:
"Will You Love Me Tomorrow", sometimes known as "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow",[1] is a song with words written by Gerry Goffin and music composed by Carole King. It was originally recorded in 1960 by the Shirelles, who took their single to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song is also notable for being the first song by a black all-girl group to reach number one in the United States.[2] It has since been recorded by many artists over the years, including a 1971 version by co-writer Carole King.

I'm listening to some peaceful Chinese music. Do a search on Youtube and you'll find many videos with 2-4 hour Chinese flute music runs. Great for relaxing, reading or doing word searches/crossword puzzles!

Malcolm McLaren - Double Dutch

I heard this song again recently, and found it amazing how well I remembered it from it being in the charts when I was just 8 y.o. I also thought that McLaren was something of a genius for coming up with this, but my opinion has changed a tad after discovering this:

Not only is it a blatant rip, but McLaren actually contested the legal challenge brought by the authors of the original track before settling out of court. I don't mind artists sampling, covering or even downright copying others, so long as the originals get credit and its all done with consent, but apparently that was not the case for Mr. McLaren...

I heard this song again recently, and found it amazing how well I remembered it from it being in the charts when I was just 8 y.o. I also thought that McLaren was something of a genius for coming up with this, but my opinion has changed a tad after discovering this:

Not only is it a blatant rip, but McLaren actually contested the legal challenge brought by the authors of the original track before settling out of court. I don't mind artists sampling, covering or even downright copying others, so long as the originals get credit and its all done with consent, but apparently that was not the case for Mr. McLaren...
I was aware it was a rip off at the time because John Peel had been playing Zulu music for some time before it hit the charts. Not surprised Talcy didn't want to pay up though. Guess it's easier to fool eight year-olds that he was some kind of visionary genius despite possessing no prior compositional talent. That probably doesn't explain Paul Simon's Gracelands or Hanson's "MMMBop" though.

Public Image Limited - Rise

Udokotela Shange Namajaha - Sobabamba

Last edited:
Back