What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,973 comments
Yeh, really pleased they are going to get some play, especially if we can get younger listeners introduced to their music.

They were excellent when we saw them live in 2017.

View attachment 1236271View attachment 1236272

@Populuxe you might be interested in this article about the issues with getting the samples cleared.

A friend Huntercomplex just sent me it on FB.

Dope pics. They had it tough from the get go with clearances (let's not mention another iconic group by the name of Tribe). Glad the the kids aren't missing out any more. RIP Trugoy and may there music be listened like it was made yesterday.

Tonight’s music is from Pizza Hotline. Hitting a home run in 2022 with “Level Select” an album of liquid Drum n Bass with a 90s PlayStation bent to it.

This is their offering so far in 2023, a fantastic downtempo affair.

@Populuxe you might be interested to learn (if you don’t already know) Apple are going to release a dedicated app for Classical music and its access should be part of our Apple Music subscription. I can’t wait.

Last edited:
@Populuxe you might be interested to learn (if you don’t already know) Apple are going to release a dedicated app for Classical music and its access should be part of our Apple Music subscription. I can’t wait.
Actually, I didn’t know that. That’s great.

Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of my favorite J-Pop from the ‘90s-‘00s. I’ve been in a nostalgic mood lately.

Last edited:
Tonight I’ll be listening to Trees Speaks new LP.

They were great live back in November.

7E72C11E-0AA1-409A-B47F-45D3809E49F6.jpeg
9F137329-565C-48D5-B531-CF0445CE9B15.jpeg

Local Seattle-based dance punk band The Gods Themselves - Be My Animal. I should probably spoiler tag the cover for a bit of nudity.

Last edited:
Verckys et l'Orchestre Vévé - Sex Vévé

Verckys et l'Orchestre Vévé - Talali Talala

Verckys Mateta passed away in October. "A giant of Congolese rumba" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface but this bio might.

Last edited:
Back