What are you listening to? (V)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sage
  • 35,506 comments
  • 1,809,895 views
afairforgeryto7.jpg



cdbaby.com
The versions appearing on AFFoPF range from faithful reproductions to "way out" genre bending interpretations. Included on this record are a progressive/metal take on Astronomy Domine by The Mike Keneally Band (featuring Mike Keneally of Zappa and Steve Vai), a Latin folk rock version of Mother by Quetzal, a very Floydian interpretation of High Hopes by Shark and the Smoke (featuring Shark of the Wild Colonials), a stark and beautiful acoustic version of Comfortably Numb by legendary British rocker Graham Parker, a rich southern tinged Fearless by acclaimed solo artist Tom Freund (former bass player with Ben Harper and Graham Parker), a happy yet powerful take on Syd Barrett's Bike by Harvette (featuring Danny Allen on vocals and Dave Chapple of Baby Lemonade and Arthur Lee & Love on bass), a Brian Wilsonesque version of San Tropez also by Dave Chapple, a psychobilly version of Money by Yortoise (featuring former Warren Zevon touring guitarist John Would), a gorgeous version of Childhood's End by Becca & Pierre (featuring Pierre de Beauport, co-author of the Rolling Stones' "Thief in the Night" and wonderful B3/Mini-Moog from Becca Shropshire who has recorded with Lauryn Hill, Lucious Jackson, Wu-Tang Clan), an infectious version of See Emily Play from renowned rocker James Combs, an alt/rock version of Sheep by Numira, a Genesis meets Floyd version of In The Flesh by talented solo artist Shaun Guerin, two tracks by LA's Pink Floyd tribute band Which One's Pink? (Dogs and What Shall We Do Now?), a sultry version of Wish You Were Here from Texas alternaroots rocker Sally Semrad, a GoGoish/Shakira version of Time by 14 year-old Kelsey Wood and the "5 Minute Version" of the Wall by former Atlantic Records artist Rat Bat Blue.

That, my friends, is a hell of a varied list of artists. So far I'm undecided on if I like it or not, but things this different from "the norm" take some time to get used to.
 
Yellowcard - Back Home
 
After finishing AFFoPF, I have come to the conclusion that my immediate reaction was correct - I'm not a fan. It's not bad, it just... extremely different. Different isn't always bad, but I'm not sure this is good, either.

I would have to pick Courtney Fairchild's version of Nobody Home as my favorite.

A single word warning for any who click the link.
 
The Vines - Winning Days
 
The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Empty Calm
 
Suicidal Tendencies
Album Light,Camera,Revolution.
 
The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Sleeping With The Fishes, See?
 
Choking Victim - 500 Channels
 
I was listening to love lines! I love that show it's so [censored] funny!
lolcry.gif
 
The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Grandfather

 
Deftones - Change (In The House of Flies)

I forgot how awesome this album is.
 
The Number Twelve Looks Like You - Jesus and Tori
This addiction is getting sick......:sick:
 
Sexy Sadie - The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album), on my brand new 2GB iPod shuffle!

From,
Chris.
 
Back