What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,964 comments

Songs from the Mardi Gras, third and final release (1991) from Feargal Sharkey--former frontman of Northern Ireland punk/new wave act The Undertones.

"One Night In Hollywood," "Miss You Fever," "Love Like Blood" (originally released by John Hiatt), "I've Got News For You" (charted in UK) and "Cry Like A Rainy Day" are personal favorites. Album skews pop/soul, much like Sharkey's other solo works.

Dat intro...

I don't usually get past half way on their albums as they tend to get a bit too mellow for my tastes, but this one stood out when I heard it at work.

Pretty much any intro on No Rest for the Wicked or No More Tears. Zakk Wylde, man...:lol:

I feel EXACTLY the same way about most A7X. Heavy as hell start to each album, then it gets a little soft for my liking. Generally I'll still listen to the rest, but not nearly to the extent of the beginning.

Shake Some Action, fourth studio release (1976) from American power pop act Flamin' Groovies.

While I love the whole album (it was produced by the incomparable Dave Edmunds, after all), the title track "Shake Some Action" and "Teenage Confidential" stand proud of the rest.

One of my all-time favorite album covers as well, due largely to the Daimler Sovereign and its unmistakable fluted grill shell.

Well, I'm listening to Radiohead's second album, The Bends, but it's nowhere to be found on YouTube in its complete state (or even close), so I'm not even going to bother posting a video.

Obvious favorites include "High and Dry," "Fake Plastic Trees," "(Nice Dream)," "My Iron Lung" and "Street Spirit (Fade Out)," but I also thoroughly enjoy "Planet Telex" and "Just." That's actually most of the album...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bethan Peters looks particularly hot on that cover. :P

I've lost count of how many times I've listened to this.
Having seen him lately due to the whole Lana Del Rey plagiarism claim, it's breathtaking how much he's aged in just the last decade.

Last edited:

Speaking In Tongues, the fifth studio album (1983) from New York pioneers of new wave music, Talking Heads, and source of the band's only top ten Billboard Hot 100 placement (#9), "Burning Down The House."

Having been a huge fan of the album for a very long time, there's no track I can pick out as a particular favorite, however I do make use of "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)" as my primary ringtone.

Last edited:
Back