What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,973 comments
Sin - Painful (Morphium Mix)
I remember hearing this song during my days playing V-Rally 2 for the original PlayStation. I found this song after such a long time only recently!

Secondhand Daylight, the second release from Manchester's post-punk/prog Magazine. With a fondness for new wave (to which post-punk is closely relates--some would say a subset of) and progressive rock, this album has ticked all the right boxes for me approaching three decades.

Candleland, debut album from former Echo & the Bunnymen ("Lips Like Sugar," "The Killing Moon," "People Are Strange," "The Cutter") frontman Ian McCulloch, released 1989.

"The Flickering Wall," "The White Hotel," "Candleland" (featuring Elizabeth Fraser of Cocteau Twins), "Horse's Head" and "In Bloom" are personal favorites from the album.

Last edited:

Where Did the Night Fall, fourth studio album from British electronic act UNKLE. Solid album, but a personal favorite is track 14, "Another Night Out," featuring vocals from Mark Lanegan of Screaming Trees and the reason for my discovering it.

Germfree Adolescents, debut release--and some (me included) would argue only release, as their (only one member performed on both, so "their" may not be appropriate) sophomore effort some 15 years later was wildly unsatisfying--from X-Ray Spex, a punk and new wave act from London.

Frontwoman Poly Styrene, an unorthodox individual to say the least (she once shaved her head at the flat of Sex Pistols' Johnny Rotten to buck claims she was a sex symbol), died in 2011 due to complications from breast cancer that'd metastasized to her lungs and spine.

Personal favorites from the album include "Warrior in Woolworths," "The Day the World Turned Day-Glo" and, of course, "Germ Free Adolescents."

a1202341596_10.jpg

Latest Posts

Back