What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,974 comments
This one's on my short list of albums I think everyone should listen to at least once in their life.

Hiroshima, 1979 self-titled debut release from the Los Angeles jazz fusion sextet. Album runs the gamut of musical styles and features traditional Japanese koto (harp) and shakuhachi (bamboo flute).

Can You Still Feel?, the second solo studio release (1999) from multi-instrumentalist and power pop singer/songwriter Jason Falkner.

I love this guy, really. My introduction to his works was through his presence on the debut release from Jellyfish, Bellybutton, and later as a member of The Grays with former "Bat," Jon Brion.

As a talented guitarist and pianist, he's a prolific session musician as well, having worked with numerous acts including [but not limited to] Paul McCartney, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Beck. I actually acquired works by those three that he contributed to prior to knowing that he had, which makes that discovery a little freaky-deaky.

Anyway...

Can You Still Feel? is a solid album, and while I don't necessary play favorites, tracks like "Eloquence" and "See You Again" are immensely listenable and "All God's Creatures" shouldn't be missed simply because of its quirkiness and creativity.

This thread is a jukebox. :lol:
Just too many good selections.

Long weekends give me an extra day to stretch what is usually a two-day routine. So I get bits and pieces of time suddenly discovered to use as randomly as wished - like being given the privilege of opening any gift one discovered and suddenly spotting a present right in front of their eyes.
Turned out I picked up the guitar and just started aimlessly playing random riffs to the backing of Marley's Jammin' in my head - then decided on impulse to boot up the track on my stereo, crank up the volume and jam the heck out of the guitar. Thus fixed, I shut the stereo off, lay the guitar down, and my eye then catches hold of a harmonica.
So next thing I'm playing the solo from Neil Young's Heart of Gold.
Which lead to booting up YouTube and catching this so I could jam with him.

Metrik-Hi!
Rusko-Everyday (Netsky Remix)
Daiki Kasho-Place in this world
Daiki Kasho-50UL ON D!SPLAY
Moon over the Castle

Man With a Mission X Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Freak It. The wolves and Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra collaborated to produce the official song for Japanese Super Rugby team the Sunwolves.

Maria Muldaur, the 1973 debut solo release from American folk singer Maria Muldaur (go figure).

Just picked it up today--it was at the front of a bin at my local used record store and was marked at $1.99, with some flocking and fuzz on the sleeve but the record is in decent shape--so I haven't formed an opinion yet, but I'm certainly familiar with "Midnight At The Oasis" (for which she's best known). It also features a Dolly Parton song, "My Tennessee Mountain Home," and a song written by Dr. John, "Three Dollar Bill."

Back