What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,969 comments
Listen to a portion, of these two songs; and, see if they sound the same:

(Quantum - Acapulco)

(The Specials - Ghost Town)

It keeps dumbfounding me, about how these two songs, (almost) sound the same.
[When, it comes to the backing track/instrumental/riddim/etc.]

After years of absorbing every bit of Gaelic Storm, Dubliners, The Clancey Brothers and the various artists they have played with, and pretty much every bit of Irish, drinking, fighting and life song i could find, i have gone back to my roots. Been jamming 311's newest albums while working on some javascript. I almost forgot how good they are.

I didn't know that Jerome Isma-Ae could make a chilled tune. This is absolutely beautiful, and wouldn't be out of place in GT Sport's menus:

Listen to a portion, of these two songs; and, see if they sound the same:

(Quantum - Acapulco)

(The Specials - Ghost Town)

It keeps dumbfounding me, about how these two songs, (almost) sound the same.
[When, it comes to the backing track/instrumental/riddim/etc.]
As significant as "Ghost Town" was when it came out, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it inspired other music to a significant degree...

...okay, so maaaaaybe not jazzy synth prog from Brazil.

:lol:

Been jamming 311's newest albums while working on some javascript. I almost forgot how good they are.
Surely not better than Transistor.

Surely...

Anyway, got some good from my sister today and I feel like celebrating with some appropriate music:

Nothing is better than transistor. That is the gold standard as far as i am concerned. But they are better than say uplifter or universal pulse.

Ah, yeah I lost interest for the most part after Soundsystem, though I did enjoy "Champagne," "Amber" and "I'll Be Here Awhile" off of From Chaos. I also enjoyed the conceit (as in artistic expression, not excessive pride) behind ETSD 1 and 2, but I appreciate concert/tour documentaries regardless.

British Jazz? Trio called GoGo Penguin. They just came out with a new album this year making it their fourth full album. It's Jazz because it is upright bass, piano, and drums, but it's so much more. I first heard them on Later with Jools Holland performing this song and was instantly hooked. The drumming is like Aphex Twin it's insane

British Jazz? Trio called GoGo Penguin. They just came out with a new album this year making it their fourth full album. It's Jazz because it is upright bass, piano, and drums, but it's so much more. I first heard them on Later with Jools Holland performing this song and was instantly hooked. The drumming is like Aphex Twin it's insane

Acid Jazz I believe is the more specific name of the genre. I can definitely feel the Aphex Twin, or even some of Mark Farina's more upbeat tunes.

His piano phrasing and pretty much a lot of what he does sounds like what I come up with in my head. Check out Branches Break or Smarra

MAN WITH A MISSION, Take Me Under/Winding Road. This is a gret start for anyone to get into Japanese Rock. Amazing music video for Take me under. Winding Road is the opening theme for Anime show 'Golden Kamuy'.

Back