What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,973 comments

Guitar Graffiti (1979) from incomparable English rocker and guitarist Chris Spedding. The album features--among a slew of other session musicians--Davy Lutton (drums) and Steve Currie (bass) from the then recently defunct T. Rex (no relation), as well as virtuoso percussionist Ray Cooper for the live recordings.

Perhaps best known for the singles "Video Life" and "Bored, Bored," my personal favorites are "Time Warp" and "Breakout" (the latter due in no small part to the organ). And while I'm generally not a fan of live recordings--they just lack the fidelity of studio recordings and the energy of being there in person--the visceral, improvisational "Frontal Lobotomy" rarely fails to give me goosebumps.

There's also this, which is one of the most enjoyable music-related reads that I've had:

https://www.loudersound.com/feature...olling-stones-the-sex-pistols-and-the-wombles

Every now and then, I'll explore iTunes and try to find some lesser known artists.

Recently I found the band GROVES which has some great music that I cannot recommend enough.

GROVES - Urges
GROVES - Faded Love

More recently I have found Meg Myers who is a phenomenal female rock singer. I'm very glad to have found her, because I've been wanting something like this for a long time

As of this very second, I'm listening to

Meg Myers - Make a Shadow

But here are some other goodies

Meg Myers - Desire (Lyrics and video are NSFW) Viewer discretion is advised.

Meg Myers - Numb (Haven't watched the video before, watch at your own discretion)

I've also found Amy Shark who is a female alternative singer who I have been enjoying a lot as well.

Amy Shark - I Said Hi (Haven't watched the video before, watch at your own discretion)

Amy and Meg both have new albums coming out on the 13th and 20th of this month so I'm really excited about that!

Lastly, I always am listening to my favorite artists of all time, Jason Aldean and Bon Jovi

Jason Aldean - Blacktop Gone

Bon Jovi - Brokenpromiseland

Have a great day everyone :)

"Amazing" by Kanye West ft. Young Jeezy
I don't even like Kanye, nor do I care for most of the genre he's in anymore, but I still like this song. It's actually the first time I have listened to it in many years. Still good!

Mushroomhead - Episode 29
"You just wanna be Peter Pan, sticking your little wand into the pubescent fountain of eternal youth"

Oh my high school years had the most diverse soundtrack ever. One minute I'm headbanging to Mushroomhead and the next I'm zoning out to Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians. Then some Grateful Dead on the bike ride home :)

Heavy Metal: Serj Tankian - Sky is Over/Killswitch Engage - My Curse/System of a Down - Chop Suey!
J-Rock: Daiki Kasho - 50UL ON D!SPLAY/Masahiro Andoh - Moon over the Castle/Nittoku Inoue - Dr. Awesome
Dubstep: Pegboard Nerds - Self Destruct/Virtual Riot - Stargarden/Audiomachine - Guardians at the Gate (Access Denied Dubstep Remix)
Chillstep: MitiS - Frameworks/Sex Whales and Fraxo - Eternal Way/Foria - Break Away
Future Bass: Kizuna AI - Hello, Morning/Hyper Potions - Surf/Hyper Potions and Subtact - Adventures
House: Alex Skrindo - Jumbo/Dirty Palm ft. Micah Martin - Oblivion/Alan Walker - Spectre
Trap: Aero Chord - Surface/Shipwrek and Zookeepers - Ark/Darude - Sandstorm (Trap Remix)
Eurobeat: Densha de D - Chaser/Odyssey Eurobeat - Luna's Future (Euro Cast Mix)/Max Coveri - Deja Vu
Synthwave: Amphobius - Prime/Lemaitre - Stepping Stone/M A G N A V O X - Running in the 80's

Been out for a bit now but I just got around to it. It reminds me a lot of their older stuff but you can see (or hear, rather) where they're experimenting and trying out new sounds and styles. I like it.

[Circa Waves - Fire That Burns]
Y'know, I quite enjoyed that.

Anyway...

Mexican Moon, 1993 studio release from Concrete Blonde. I prefer this one to the more acclaimed Bloodletting, but when I'm in the mood for occasionally hard alt rock, Johnette Napolitano and company rarely disappoint.

Personal favorites are "Jenny I Read," the title "Mexican Moon," "Jonestown," "Rain," "Rain," "Rain," "Rain" (yeah, I kinda like the song), "End Of The Line" (a cover of the Roxy Music song released in 1975), "(Love Is A) Blind Ambition" and "Bajo La Luna Mexicana" (a Spanish interpretation of the title song).

"Jonestown" features a sobering sound bite from cult leader/murderer Jim Jones, and the song itself is a scathing criticism of the individual and his deeds.

A shorter version of the audio clip can be heard on David Baerwald's "The Postman" from his 1992 album Triage.

Every once in a while I stick on some Fleetwood Mac, what a timeless band.

If you’ve never listened to them I highly recommend starting with The Chain, Everywhere, Go Your Own Way & Rhiannon. So many good tracks, blasting through my eardrums tonight.

Every once in a while I stick on some Fleetwood Mac, what a timeless band.

If you’ve never listened to them I highly recommend starting with The Chain, Everywhere, Go Your Own Way & Rhiannon. So many good tracks, blasting through my eardrums tonight.
Pfft.

:P

The Pious Bird Of Good Omen...every dang bit of it. Before Lindsey and Stevie; even before John brought Christine in. Just a great album cover too.

Back