What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,974 comments
Aghora — Formless (2006)
Too many sleeping on this progressive/jazz metal band (with female vocals!). If curious, start with Atmas Heave.

Full House, the fifth and final album from English folk rock act Fairport Convention featuring founding member Richard Thompson, released in July of 1970.

Alas, it's also the first album released by the band following the departure of vocalist Sandy Denny. Despite this, it's a thoroughly enjoyable work with personal standouts "Walk Awhile", "Sloth", "Flatback Caper", "Doctor Of Physick" and "Flowers Of The Forest".

It's worth noting that I'm presently spinning vinyl and the playlist above represents the 2001 CD re-release featuring four bonus tracks and a fifth, "Poor Will And The Jolly Hangman" that was stricken from the vinyl release prior to pressing but not before some gatefolds were printed with the title of the track that was removed--oh to get my grubby claws on one of those.

Featured among the bonus tracks is the B-side to their 1970 single, "Now Be Thankful", which once held the distinction of having the longest song title before being surpassed by Test Dept. who were then surpassed by Christine Lavin. The song is named as follows:

"Sir B. McKenzie's Daughter's Lament For The 77th Mounted Lancers Retreat From The Straits Of Loch Knombe, In The Year Of Our Lord 1727, On The Occasion Of The Announcement Of Her Marriage To The Laird Of Kinleakie"

Rock Band flashbacks came to me in this week's Rocksmith song pack. Laugh at me all you want for being into plastic instrument games.

All The Pain Money Can Buy, 1998 sophomore release from local boys Fastball, the album generated three major singles and respective videos, and sold more than a million copies within six months of its release.

Delightful power pop with an occasional harder edge, personal picks are the aforementioned singles, "The Way", "Fire Escape" and "Out Of My Head", as well as "Better Than It Was", "Which Way To The Top?", "Sooner Or Later", Warm Fuzzy Feeling", "G.O.D. (Good Old Days)", the slightly off-kilter [personal favorite] "Charlie, The Methadone Man", "Nowhere Road" and "Sweetwater, Texas"...so, nearly the entire album. It's a good one for sure.

I'm on a quest for the perfect cover of Be My Baby, one of the greatest of all pop songs ever. I'd guess I've listened to over 100 covers.

Heres's another good one:

Back