What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,932 comments
I was today years old when I discovered this is a Funkadelic song. This song is on the Balancing Act's third album "Curtains" but I had no idea it was a cover. Clearly, my Funkadelic knowledge is lacking.

At one time in American life, when a man hit his woman it meant he loved her and so she wanted to be hit - up to a certain point. So it is said. I never saw it that way myself. The following two songs are written by the famous singer-songwriter Carole King. You may recall her Tapestry album.
She is the most successful female songwriter of the latter half of the 20th century in the US, having written or co-written 118 pop hits on the Billboard Hot 100.[2] King also wrote 61 hits that charted in the UK,[3] making her the most successful female songwriter on the UK singles charts between 1952 and 2005.[4]
The performances are by The Crystals, each 16 or 17 years of age at the time of recording. The first was produced in New York City, the 2nd at Gold Star Studio in LA. Producer, Phil Spector. These were definitely not hit songs at the time, or since.

WARNING: NSFW

Anything by "Snitch9ine" and Nicki Minaj is normally complete garbage, but bass boost makes everything tolerable apparently. :crazy:

Last edited:
Back