What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,964 comments
Man this classic hits me with nostalgia every time I listen to it... It never grows old :bowdown:

The world needs another meatloaf but alas he has some big shoes to fill :cheers:

One of the most beautiful things your ears may hear.

I’m now listening to a HD version of this...

Last edited:
The Bells of St. Mary

The 1917 traditional is given a powerhouse rock and roll arrangement by Jack Nitzsche in this 1963 recording produced for a Christmas album of that year.

RIP Alan Wilson of Canned Heat and member of the 27 club who, along with Jimi and Janis, died at 27 in 1970. Too many talented young musicians joined that club over the years.

Normally I'd give this a like because it's such a great song but I've been annoyed by the stuttering in this version too many times in my playlist so I replaced it with this live one (featuring a very young Josh Homme).

Normally I'd give this a like because it's such a great song but I've been annoyed by the stuttering in this version too many times in my playlist so I replaced it with this live one (featuring a very young Josh Homme).

I hadn't noticed, but then I was streaming Dirt in its entirety rather than watching the video.

Gorgeous music.

Last edited:

Gorgeous music.

Wholeheartedly agree. I've been a Blue Nile fan since their first album came out and confused the hell out of me the first few times I listened to it. Then it suddenly clicked and it's been among my absolute favorite albums ever since. (And Hats, Peace at Last, and High.)

Last edited:
Indie & Folk Radio is one of my favorite channels on YouTube. Their January Indie playlist is out, and it's full of gems.

Last edited:
I used to watch--and, at times, record--120 Minutes on MTV all the time. It was a huge influence on my musical tastes and even introduced me to artists I still love dearly to this day.

Anyway, I happened upon this archive of sorts. There are lots of gaps in it, sadly, but scrolling through '92 and '93 (when I watched it with the greatest frequency) has been quite the memory trip.

https://120minutes.tylerc.com

This guy is probably the most meaningful introduction the program made for me:

No particular point to these songs. None that I can think of, anyway.

Willie Nelson - I Can See Clearly Now

Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings - This Land is Our Land (live)

The Royal Crowns - Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead

Janelle Monáe - Turntables

Hüsker Dü - New Day Rising

Back