What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,969 comments

Old T-Square songs and albums always have that "lost Gran Turismo soundtrack" vibe to them. God bless Masahiro Andoh and his friends.

Last edited:
Love Debbie Harry.

msFyCXR6fchK8.gif

Géza Anda - Klavierkonzert Nr. 5 D-dur, KV 175 = Piano Concerto No. 5 In D Major K. 175 / Klavierkonzert A-Moll Op. 16 = Piano Concerto in A Minor Op. 16 / Davidsbündlertänze Op. 6 / Fantasie C-Dur Op. 17

Mark Hollis, singer and songwriter of Talk Talk, was born on this day in 1955. Sadly he died two years ago.

I know a lot of people are going to be watching tomorrow's special election in Georgia with great interest. Let me offer this song by Barenaked Ladies.

Last edited:
Mark Hollis, singer and songwriter of Talk Talk, was born on this day in 1955. Sadly he died last year from Covid.

Mark actually died February 26th, 2019, likely not of CoViD-19 though specifics were not provided.

RIP Mark Hollis--such a shame.

Still, his passing is definitely felt and yesterday would have been his birthday, so that's appreciated.

I know a lot of people are going to be watching tomorrow's special election in Georgia with great interest. Let me offer this song by Barenaked Ladies.

But they're...

*shudder*

...Canadian!

:P

I think something like this is more appropriate.

Or if you're not so optimistic...

Mark actually died February 26th, 2019, likely not of CoViD-19 though specifics were not provided.
Corrections noted and made. And you're right, he couldn't have died of a disease that didn't even exist yet. Considering how young he was (64) when he died, his decision to all but retire from music in1998 to spend more time with his family seems an especially prescient decision.

Born on this day:
Earl Scruggs (1924)

Syd Barrett (1946)

Sandy Denny (1947)

Kim Wilson (1951)

Malcolm Young (1953)

Classic 1961 R&B hit reached #2 on the charts. The identity of the back up band is unknown to me, but going by the other artists recorded by the same producer, I believe the drummer is none other than Hal Blaine.

I've posted a few tracks from this band before, but this is a full playlist of my fav songs of theirs.

Two days ago was the 74th anniversary of David Bowie's birth.

Today is the fifth anniversary of his death.

Back