What are you listening to?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter fermy88
  • 15,780 comments
  • 303,994 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, "pop" is too hard to define to be meaningful. I think we can concede what Silviadrifter is talking about as "pop", meaning generic Top-40 radio fodder. Then we'll call Klos's kind of pop "indie pop", meaning non-mass-produced, non-commercial music with a lighter feel and poppish overtones, like TMBG and most of the bands Klos mentioned above. Sound like a working definition?

Bauhaus - Slice Of Life. I'm still not tired of listening to Daniel Ash's crystalline acoustic guitar.
 
The End of Global Underground disk 1 by Digweed
 
I think those definitions work, Duke. Is Bauhaus anything like Love and Rockets?

Soundtrack of Our Lives - Into the Next Sun
 
Moby with Gwen Stefani - Southside :D
 
Juno Reactor - Feel the Universe

I'd almost forgotten about them, they're still pretty good.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I think those definitions work, Duke. Is Bauhaus anything like Love and Rockets?

Soundtrack of Our Lives - Into the Next Sun
Bauhaus consisted of Peter Murphy (guitar, vocals, keyboards), Daniel Ash (guitar, vocals, keyboards), David J (bass, sax) and Kevin Haskins (percussion).

After Bauhaus broke up, some of the members hashed around a bit (see Tones On Tail) before the latter three formed Love & Rockets. So yes, in many ways, they are similar to Bauhaus. But Peter Murphy added a harsher, more psychotic tone to Bauhuas. Depending on whose influence reigned, many of the collaborations are excellent songs (Bella Lugosi's Dead, Terror Couple Kill Colonel)) but many are nearly unlistenably toxic (Stigmata Martyr). There is an excellent 2-CD set called Bauhaus 1979-1983 which unfortunately lacks Slice Of Life (possibly their best song ever) but otherwise contains a great cross section of their music.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Eh, "pop" is too hard to define to be meaningful. I think we can concede what Silviadrifter is talking about as "pop", meaning generic Top-40 radio fodder. Then we'll call Klos's kind of pop "indie pop", meaning non-mass-produced, non-commercial music with a lighter feel and poppish overtones, like TMBG and most of the bands Klos mentioned above. Sound like a working definition?

Bauhaus - Slice Of Life. I'm still not tired of listening to Daniel Ash's crystalline acoustic guitar.

That works for me. ;)

Edit: Love and Rockets was a great band, and was a major influence on bands like Janes Addiction, and others I'm sure...............;)
 
#3216. The Crystal Method - [Community Service #15] The Crystal Method-You Know its Hard (Koma + Bones Remix) [6:41]
 
Temple Of The Dog - Hunger Strike
Temple Of The Dog - Pushing Forward Back
Temple Of The Dog - Say Hello 2 Heaven
Temple Of The Dog - Wooden Jesus
Temple Of The Dog - Your Savior
Temple Of The Dog - Four Walled World
Temple Of The Dog - Call Me A Dog
Temple Of The Dog - Times Of Trouble

Excellent band
 
#1870. Ruki Vverh - [Ultimate Euro-Trance #18] Russian Rave [3:46]

i LOVE this song
 
Alice In Chains - Down In A Hole

This is such an awesome song.
 
Cold chisel - You got nothin I want
Meatloaf - Bat out of hell
 
Milka - Tainted
 
one of my favourites
1616. Brooklyn Bounce - [Ministry Of Sound: The Annual 2003 #06] Loud & Proud [3:11]

0630. Nas - [Nastradamus #04] Some Of Us Have Angels [4:15]
2093. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - [BTNHRESURRECTION #04] Battlezone [4:19]
3553. Mauve - [Ministry Of Sound: The Annual 2003 #17] Buck The Trend [3:33]
 
Previous:
Symphony X - Church of The Machines

Current:
Symphony X - Communication And The Oracle
 
Current:
Symphony X - Evolution (The Grand Design)

Coming Up:
Symphony X - King of Terrors
Symphony X - Of Sins And Shadows
Symphony X - Smoke And Mirrors
Symphony X - The Accolade
 
Still havent found what I'm looking for - U2
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back