What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,982 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can complain though because gas in relation to say 2 or 3 years ago is insanely high.
 
That is true, but when you consider inflation, it hasn't changed much in the last 40 years...

Still, it does blow from when I first got my license and could get a gallon of gas for a dollar... 10 bucks filled my Tercel up.

I do love my little Corola right now though... 35 MPG on average. Hell, my MR2 even manages mid 20's in town, low 30's on the highway...
 
I pay the equivalent of $3.50 USD/gallon here in Canada. That's for 87 octane fuel. (It's about $1.035cad/liter).

About 2 months ago, I was paying $0.80cad/liter which translated to around $2.65/gallon back then. That price was pretty good. If we go back to around 2002, gas was 58-59cents/liter at some point, which with the US/CAD ratio back then would be around $1.50 USD/gallon. Those were good times.
 
My first tank of gas was filled up for about $12 back in 2003 with my Volkswagen Fox... Granted, it didn't have a very big tank and I had a slight discount on fuel prices, but this was just after gas started staying well-above a dollar on a consistent basis.

...I remember when gas went over a dollar for the first time back in the late '90s, and my Mom flipped her lid. Of course, when you grow up having gas available for as cheap as $0.25 a gallon for years, you're not going to like higher prices... But even then, for only a dollar, it isn't that bad. I seem to recall hearing on the news that the last time that gas was less than a dollar in Grand Rapids was in the spring of 2001, where it floated around $0.97 or so for some time...

I miss those days, but it isn't like it is really that bad. The thing that always gets me is how people who drive full-size trucks complain about gas prices, and yet they drive what they drive. Case in point, my step Mom, who bought an Envoy not too long ago (funny enough, just before the Katrina gas-hike), and now shes complaining about prices every time I'm there...

...Of course, my advice of her buying a moderate sized car, probably a wagon has to always be denied... Because getting only 19 MPG and paying just shy of $100 to fill the tank is still better than $40 to fill a tank getting 30 + MPG...

Have I mentioned that I don't like her?
 
A lot of people bought their vehicles before the gas spike, when I bought my truck back in 2003 gas was around $1.40. It stayed decently low for a while and I really didn't even mind pay $2 a gallon. I figure between $2.00 and $2.30 should be about normal considering inflation and what not. Although I do remember a gas war between two station put prices at .89 a gallon back in 03.

*sigh* Hopefully I can find a TDI in decent condition.
 
...Good luck finding a TDI at a decent price. I've been considering one for years, and not only are they hard to find, but they just don't depreciate...

Anyhow, I just filled the tank at the local Shell Station: $3.35 per gallon of mid-grade (89 octane), good for a $42 fill-up.
 
A bit over three Dollars per gallon is about right after inflation is considered at the point, so we are paying about what people use to pay long ago. Gas was just insanely cheap in the 90's, and we got use to that.

Though being a super broke ass college student does make me gripe from time to time, I really have no room or reason to complain much. I'm just waiting till I can get an electric car, since electricity is dirt cheap in Washington state (thank you hydro and nuclear power)
 
$3.05 for the premium my dad's car sucks. $2.99 for all of the rest of the vehicles. I need an diesel Benz. That would solve all of my problems.
 
i paid 3.09$ for premium ... 37.14$ total iirc for 12 gallons.
 
$3.05 for the premium my dad's car sucks. $2.99 for all of the rest of the vehicles. I need an diesel Benz. That would solve all of my problems.

Only $3.05 for premium? Wow, even in generally gas-friendly Grand Rapids we're paying $3.40 a gallon for the same grade...
 
Wow premium around me is 3.35
 
Well, I suppose I would have no right to complain compared to your last post, but then again, about 5-6 days ago the price we're paying base today was what premium cost then. All the sudden, a spike. :( I don't get it..

Thank you 4A-GEU/ 5 Speed Manual.



Cheers,
Jetboy
 
Just saw prices here... 3.30 for 87, 3.55 for premium (92)

Probably cause this weekend is end of the semester, so lots of price spikes from the 15,000 students leaving.
 
I lide when I said $3.35. I was driving along to day when I saw a station selling premium at $3.69 per gallon.:nervous: I wonder if we might hit four dollars this summer...

I think that's the worst of it, though. The local Arco was "only" $3.49 per gallon. But who am I to complain, the Brits are paying like 6 or seven dollars per gallon, and rising gas prices should finally bring the beginning of the demise of SUVs.:trouble:
 
Stop moaning about 2.90 a gallon.... Its 3.20 a gallon here at the cheapest. :p



For premium.


This now applies for regular.


For the first time in my entire life, Diesel is now cheaper than regular unleaded.
 
Regular is around $3.40 here. Diesel is what, $3.20? $3.25?

*sigh....* I remember when $1.60 in SoCal was shockingly expensive five years ago... Gas prices have now jumped up $2 per gallon in that much time.
 
It's still better than in The Netherlands, guys. I'm paying $5.70 a gallon (although it's 95, but you can only get better quality here)
 
In town: $2.75/gal
Closest station: $2.79/gal
Diesel: $2.59/gal

:grumpy:
 
You're grumpy about those prices!? Damn wouldn't like to see what you'd be like if you were paying for gas here in California. :scared:
 
Around $1.20/Litre mark for unleaded here in Brisvegas, Aust.

Not that that means alot to a majority of posters here, same as $2 -$3/gallon doesn't mean alot to me :indiff:
 
Just for an update:

Gas is $3.65 for regular, $3.85 for premium. The real kicker?

$2.85 for diesel!

...Now if I can just find a TDI, or better yet, if VW will sell me a stripped-out Rabbit TDI later this year...
 
4.50NIS per litre of 98 Octane unleaded. That's slightly above 1$/litre, with the new conversion-rates. A tank of gas last for a long while with our minute 1.4l engine...
 
It was $3.51 last week we'll see what it is this week. Stupid increased travel distance.
 
Just for an update:

Gas is $3.65 for regular, $3.85 for premium. The real kicker?

$2.85 for diesel!

...Now if I can just find a TDI, or better yet, if VW will sell me a stripped-out Rabbit TDI later this year...
:eek:

For the longest time we were pretty close in price, if I remember correctly.. Right now we're dealing with $3.09 base and $3.39 Premium. Still a foreseeable hike in the near future, with the upcoming holiday and all. :grumpy: Diesel here is $2.89, however. :odd:. Oh well.. Stupid...


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
Regular: 3.16
mid: 3.26
"V-power" 3.56
Diesel: 3.09

Racing fuels:

112 Pre-mix (@32:1) : 6.50
Methanol: 3.55

Glad im not driving right now....good ol human power will work just fine for me!:D
 
$3.69 for regular, $3.89 for premium. I paid almost $54.00 to fill my truck up the other day.
 
Oh my lucky stars! I saw gas for $2.98/gal today! :dopey:
 
Sucks for you guys, I saw it for $2.59 a gallon for regular on monday. But it averages around 2.80 or so.
 
paid $2.83 on friday or regular. add a little more for premium of course

i just drove through beverly hills after playing volleyball. cheapest i saw there was just under $3 per gallon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back