What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,981 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would seriously question your governments actions since America gets by with lower gas taxes.
 
they want to tax us out of our cars and into buses thats why.
 
Well that's not my problem then now is it? That's your government's reason for taxing you and why your gas is so high...American's don't really have a clear cut answer why our gas is high.
 
your gas isnt high. Its the vehicles that you drive that makes it seem high.
 
Our gas isn't high? 3 bucks a gallon to a nation that only 7 or 8 years ago was paying 90 some cents a gallon and 4 years ago was paying 1.30 a gallon is high, I've said this a 100 times before...our gas is high in comparison to how much it's risen in such a short time.
 
Dang,
At eht Quik Trip across from my clinic it's down to $2.62, and I may need to fill up tomorrow....
At the station around the corner from the house it's $2.73 or more. The BP is holding at $2.80.

I've heard that Exxon has posted the sixth highest profits ever.
That's not just oil companies, but in all the time records of that kind have been kept.
There is also a group in Texas that is boycotting Exxon till prices drop below $2.00
I don't see it happening though.
You know "when wheat goes up, bread goes up. When wheat comes down, bread stays up." I imagine that gasoline will be the same way.
 
Well since summer is upon us and the driving season is back I thought I bring back the fuel thread. They say gas in the US is supposed to top 4 bucks a gallon this summer.

As of yesterday gas around me was $3.09 a gallon, which is outrageously high for this early in the year. Our "wonderful" governor wants to raise gas taxes again for some reason so 4 bucks isn't out of the question.
 
We're about $0.10 cheaper here on the west side of the state, floating around $2.94 to about $2.97 for fuel. The big news here is that most of the Meijer Gas Stations are now carrying E85, and with it being more than $0.20 cheaper than regular fuel, my Dad is going crazy over the stuff...

...I just talked to him yesterday, and he says he only saw the fuel economy in his Avalanche drop by 2 MPG, which certainly makes the price difference worth it, at least in his mind...

Oh, and finally diesel prices are at reasonable levels here... They've finally equaled out to the regular fuel prices, instead of the $0.10 and $0.15 price differences they were having for a while...
 
93p per litre here, up from about 85p 2 months ago. Shell V Power is £1 per litre.
 
I was just thinking of restarting this thread last night. Gas went up $0.20 in the last two days...($2.61-->$2.81) :nervous:


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
$2.85 here for cheapest and $3.05 for most expensive. I've even seen a few $3.09.

That really sucks.
 
My last fill up was $1.33+9/10 for a litre of Premium.

That's $5.07 CDN per imperial gallon.
Or $4.57 USD.

The morale of the story, everybody, is that I pay way too much for gas.
 
I'm too afraid to look up(at the sign), but it's around $3.25 per gallon right now. :nervous:

Slicks needs to get a Metro.
 
I was watching DL.TV the other day and they were saying that gas was as high as $3.70 a gallon in San Francisco. That really sucks... But they were pretty quick to point out that diesel fuel is really cheap by comparison.

...The higher gas prices get, the more money my car is worth, so I guess I'm not too upset by the whole thing...

Only problem is, once I decide to sell my car, I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg for that Jetta or Passat TDI that I've always wanted...
 
I'm too afraid to look up(at the sign), but it's around $3.25 per gallon right now. :nervous:

Slicks needs to get a Metro.

Hah. I wouldn't be caught dead owning one of those.

Coincidentally, my dad & stepmom test drove a Smart car today. Between gov't rebates and fuel savings, we figure it would cost about $100 a month more to own on a lease than her current MX-5 (which we would still probably keep).
 
My family is going gas poor, my dad drives a big white Chevy G Van, my mom has a Pacifica, and I obliviously have the Blazer. We should get something from the oil companies for spending so much :lol:.

Anyways I filled up today, found gas for $2.90, still cost me $43.00 though and I wasn't even empty. I've found myself driving more carefully now, I actually got 19mpg in the city with my last tank. I wish I would have bought a TDI though, diesel is $2.99 but the TDI's go some 700 miles on one tank so I think I could deal with that, oh well I might just have to bite the bullet and buy a TDI.
 
It huuuuuuurts!
What's the blazer have? 90 Litre (23 Gallon) tank?

Really puts perspective on what I'm paying. 60 Litre tank, I usally put in just over 50, and I get a bill for $65. I'm really not getting the mileage I expected from the car. I tried hard for a few weeks to drive economically, and only ended up getting 24 MPG.
 
It's up to $3.05 here, I work at a gas station actually, 3rd shift. I usually get a call around 5:00AM from my boss telling me to change the gas price. When we jumped from $2.95 to $3.05 overnight I quicked grabbed my Z, topped her off and then changed the price lol...

At 24 miles a gallon (compared to the 38 of my old jetta) I need whatever I can get.

I've been told it's going to go back down, prices are stuck in a wave, a while back if everyone remembers gas was low, now it's going up to make up lost profit, soon it oughta go back down cause there'll be somewhat of a surplus.
 
Stop moaning about 2.90 a gallon.... Its 3.20 a gallon here at the cheapest. :p
 
It huuuuuuurts!
What's the blazer have? 90 Litre (23 Gallon) tank?

Really puts perspective on what I'm paying. 60 Litre tank, I usally put in just over 50, and I get a bill for $65. I'm really not getting the mileage I expected from the car. I tried hard for a few weeks to drive economically, and only ended up getting 24 MPG.

17 gallons I believe, I put in about 15 and the needle wasn't all that low. I can't wait till it's empty though or the fuel pump gives me the middle finger. GM designed their tanks for the S-Trucks very poorly.
 
Jumped up another $0.05 from yesterdays post...

Fortunately, I shop at the one supermarket where they give me gas reward points.. I've aready filled my car for $10.00 before (And I was paying with the points, $0.96 a gallon!).



Cheers,
Jetboy
 
$56 to fill up the Xterra last night! More lube please...this is starting to hurt. :ouch:
 
Now it's 95p (actually 94.9p) per litre, up tuppence from the other day.

So I'm not the only person in this thread who knows what that means, that's $7.14 per US gallon.
 
Aye, hovering around $6.80 - $7.20 a gallon here in England.
 
On the way back from school today I saw it going for about $3.20 a gallon. I'm really not upset about it... I just need to take care of the car, drive a bit more intelligently, and do my best to go without windows open, or the A/C on.

...We're still not paying as much as the Europeans, so at least in my mind, Americans can't complain too much...
 
I don't often pay attention to gas prices, and I shouldn't have today when I got gas. My car takes premium, and somehow that's crept up to $3.42 in last couple days! I've seen higher in the past years, but I'm amazed at how quickly the price jumped up.
 
About $3.40 a gallon. Wow why is NYC so damn expensive?
 
About $3.40 a gallon. Wow why is NYC so damn expensive?

Jammyozzy
Aye, hovering around $6.80 - $7.20 a gallon here in England.

That's the difference between living on the west or the east side of the pond.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back