What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,981 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regular: 3.97
Plus: 4.07
Premium: 4.17
Diesel: 4.59


Filled up last week right before they changed the prices for 3.67 (70 bucks a tank)

Not to mention my dads truck cost $166 to fill up
 
Gee... I thought my $40 (10gal) fill up was bad... :scared: good gas mileage > powerful engine FTW! :lol:
 
$1.30AUD/Litre for premium 96 octane fuel. Not liking it :grumpy:
 
Filled up my "new" car yesterday the first time....

1.40 Euro per litre. (Super 95 Octane)

Well, I hope soon it will use LPG (that cost only 0.69 Euro per litre)

Greetz
Kutscher
 
1.40 Euro per litre?! That's more than double what I'm paying.
 
$3.69 for premium, this is as high as I can remember fuel being. Still only costs my $44 to fill up though :D. I took my dad's van yesterday to pick up some things and I told him I would fill it up, it cost $110! That was insane. I think it's time he gets something else because that's $440 per month just in fuel.

What if fuel over there was to double from $11 to $22 in the span of a few years? I'd say we have every right to complain based on that alone, irrelevant of any price comparisons to Europe or inflation adjustments.

It's actually more then doubled but this gets a QFT anyways.

On the subject of Europe's fuel prices v. America's fuel prices, as I've said numerous times it is extremely high for us. Our fuel prices have gone up almost a $1 in a years time (I keep a record of when I fill up) and looking back to 06 they've gone up almost $2.

Also the dollar is very weak at the moment (probably will stay that way as well), so converting the money is pointless. Yes oil is traded in USD but still converting anything in Europe to American dollars is going to add "shock" value to it.
 
My father is paying £1.13 per litre at moment :(

But ive seen around £1.30 per litre for 99 RON

But thats rocket fuel compared to usa's and most other countrys petrol
 
Except Japan who use something like 120octane I think.
It seems UK gets similar octane fuel to us.
 
On the subject of Europe's fuel prices v. America's fuel prices, as I've said numerous times it is extremely high for us. Our fuel prices have gone up almost a $1 in a years time (I keep a record of when I fill up) and looking back to 06 they've gone up almost $2.

You can check USA and Canada prices here for the last 6 years:
http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?time=24
 
I saw Regular over $4 all over SF the other day. And Diesel being almost $5 O.O
 
Regular just hit 4.03 a gallon, making an $80 fill-up

Diesel is at 4.69 a gallon...
 
$3.75

Pretty ridiculous
 
Paid $3.88 for the truck I used over the weekend for full tank was $50

Paid $3.87 for my car for full tank was $40
 
Regular just hit 4.03 a gallon, making an $80 fill-up

Diesel is at 4.69 a gallon...

Aren't you paying a lot. Round me it's like this:
Unleaded: 3.49
Diesel: 4.19
 
I paid like $3.76 for premium on sunday. The most I have paid yet is $3.81
 
Filled up the company car in South San Francisco today. $4.25 a gallon for regular!!!! Thankfully it has a unique gas-card that goes with it, and it charges back to the company. ;)

They were asking $4.51 for V-Power! :eek:
Thank goodness I wasn't in the Mazda or the Porsche. :crazy:
They were filled with Premium over the weekend, at a little over 4 bucks a gallon, but not quite that highly priced. :sick:
 
Filled up the company car in South San Francisco today. $4.25 a gallon for regular!!!! Thankfully it has a unique gas-card that goes with it, and it charges back to the company. ;)

They were asking $4.51 for V-Power! :eek:
Thank goodness I wasn't in the Mazda or the Porsche. :crazy:
They were filled with Premium over the weekend, at a little over 4 bucks a gallon, but not quite that highly priced. :sick:

Thats what happens when you live in the Bay Area :scared:

I remember being in Oregan and Washington last summer and it was under $3 :eek:
 
I remember when we got some racing fuel that was $33 a gallon


Lucky we only got 5 gallons, for the go-karts of course. This stuff rocks, if you can aford it, run it in you dirt bike or the like and you will notice a good power increase.
 
we pay about 5.20€ to 5.40€ per gallon, all this within one city. fuel is about 1.42/l minimum..

thus,stop bitching as we pay 5.40 € = 8.63298 U.S. dollars for a gallon.
 
we pay about 5.20€ to 5.40€ per gallon, all this within one city. fuel is about 1.42/l minimum..

thus,stop bitching as we pay 5.40 € = 8.63298 U.S. dollars for a gallon.

When where we bitching? We are just saying what we pay. Hell I can't bitch, I don't have a car to fill up.
 
I just find it funny that americans are getting a heart attack when they have to pay roughly half as much for fuel as we do.
 
I just find it funny that americans are getting a heart attack when they have to pay roughly half as much for fuel as we do.

Not all of them know that... And considering that are prices are going up considering... Were just not used to it...

If you hate your gas prices so much why don't you guys move?

:rolleyes:
 
I find it funny when people in other countries whine about people in the US complaining about gas prices.
 
Alright guys, let's keep it civil here, it's only the price of oil we're arguing about.
I hardly think it's worth going to war over.
Oh....hang on a moment.....:sly:


:banghead:
 
I just find it funny that americans are getting a heart attack when they have to pay roughly half as much for fuel as we do.

Our fuel price has raised about $2.50 in just a few years. That is a huge increase. According to my sheet that I track my fill ups on 22 Jan 07 I paid $1.77 to fill my Blazer up, yesterday passing the same station regular fuel was $3.69, that is a difference of almost $1.50 in 16 months.

- Please quit telling us we need to stop complaining, we have every right to complain because as I have said a thousand times OUR FUEL PRICE IS HIGH FOR US.
- The American dollar is extremely weak against both the Euro and the Pound, bad conversion example.
- To my knowledge taxes are much higher in Europe.
 
$3.89 for premium fuel right now and it's rumoured to be hitting $3.99 for the weekend. I don't know if I really want to pay $4+ per gallon of fuel.
 
$3.89 for premium fuel right now and it's rumoured to be hitting $3.99 for the weekend. I don't know if I really want to pay $4+ per gallon of fuel.

Maybe you should get a hybrid :sly:
 
Maybe you should get a hybrid :sly:

Nah, I don't want to get cancer :lol:

The Cooper does pretty good though, I've been getting an average of 32mpg in the city with the heater and A/C going (it's Michigan the mornings are in the 30's but the afternoons are in the 80's). As soon as the car gets back form the body shop I'm heading up to Northern Michigan for a weekend so I'll get a better feeling of what it does on the highway.

It costs about $44 to fill it up and I can go about 420 miles before I need to fill up again...although that only lasts about a week.
 
Just got done filling my little Subaru at $3.899/GL for $49.87. Hey, at least the fill up is under $50 right?

:scared:
 
7 gallons a fill-up for the Nova means I'm spending about $30 a week now. Price's hovering around $3.50/gal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back