What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,844 comments
Season 6
1687157861389.png

It took awhile to get around to watch it but wow! Everyone that loves their soul/funk needs to watch this at least once.

The sound tracking is amazing!

Wow, that was a killer trailer!! Sweet, we'll go see it in theaters or get it on DVD.

A friend texted me last night and told me we can’t talk until I’ve watched My Adventures with Superman on Max. So I watched the two episodes that are out. It’s brilliant. The best animated Superman since the DCAU. Great writing, acting, and animation.
IMG_9404.jpeg

It’s brilliant. The best animated Superman since the DCAU. Great writing, acting, and animation.
Thanks for the reminder. Just watched episode one and from the moment I watched the two minutes pre-credits sequence I believed an Adult Swim man of steel show could fly, to paraphrase the old movie tagline. The music and casting (even Wee Hughie from The Boys) are pretty near perfect for me.

Last edited:
Just finished all four series of Twelve Monkeys on ITVx. Didn't like the sound of it when it first came out, as the movie is one of my all time favourites, so never end up watching it at the time. If you like time travel science/fantasy type stuff with lots of weird paradoxes, there's a lot to like here. The first series is very loosely based on the film, and sets up the rest of the story quite nicely, which deviates majorly from the film (in a good way). No woke garbage in it either.

iu

Last edited:
It took awhile to get around to watch it but wow! Everyone that loves their soul/funk needs to watch this at least once.

The sound tracking is amazing!

This is fantastic so far, as toe-tapping as it's eye-opening and ?uestlove has certainly done a superlative job in finally bringing this lost footage to the screen.

Thanks for the killer recommendation and I'm really glad I got a Disney+ subscription (they distribute Hulu in the UK) to fill all my woke garbage needs. :D

Last edited:
It was all good as far as I was concerned. Expecting them to just shut up and play was kind of missing the point of the festival.

Finished Season one. Good series.
1690013526729.jpeg

Starting season two. My wife made a good description of this season: What if Jake, from Training Day, made detective and continued working with Alonso? Good stuff.

Last edited:
WES-JACKIE-LANDSCAPE-OCT-5-1.jpg

I didn't know that he couldn't read or write for the majority of his life. He says he still can't read or write correctly and doesn't know the alphabet. He suffers from extreme dyslexia.

Episode S01E05: You'll Believe A Man Can Lie
I watched it this morning before coming in to work. I love the title. And I love how they're portraying Lois. She may get tunnel vision when she's on a tear about something, but she's smart, perceptive, and will take extraordinary chances to get to the truth. And I like that there turned out to be more depth to Steve than just his bluster.

I watched it this morning before coming in to work. I love the title. And I love how they're portraying Lois. She may get tunnel vision when she's on a tear about something, but she's smart, perceptive, and will take extraordinary chances to get to the truth. And I like that there turned out to be more depth to Steve than just his bluster.
The hidden depths thing was my big takeaway. As for her, she needs to see it from his POV also. Largely absentee supporting cast this week but I love that the little girl with the wayward cat showed up again.

Glad this run and Harley are nine and ten straight episodes each respectively instead of the usual six for DC shows.

Last edited:
I'm watching Easter Sunday. You know that movie where Jo Koy is the star and he got pulled over by his girlfriend by speeding and running from the cops. I think him and his friends stole something from a local mall from what I saw in one of the movie clips.

608972617.jpg

Binged this series again. When the art, characters, and music are this good, it doesn't matter how dumb the main plot is... it becomes awesome.

Back