What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,841 comments
DirecTV doesn't come with one, you have to buy it seperately and my parents refuse to buy one or subscribe to it.

DirecTV doesn't come with one, you have to buy it seperately and my parents refuse to buy one or subscribe to it.

You can search it up online.

Seriously, am I gonna have to bring out that avatar?

What does a viewing guide cost, anyway? We get ours free with the local paper over here (and that in itelf costs less than AUD$2 for 200 pages). :odd:

You can also get Fifth Gear episodes on the website I provided a few posts back. I really don't want that avatar to come back! :lol:

Jimmy Enslashay
I still can't get over Dimebag's death.

Agreed... I can't believe we will never hear him play the guitar, ever again... What a waste...

Junkyard Wars

Ummm... DirecTV comes with an on-screen guide that can display up to 3 days in advance... I don't have any problems finding when any show comes on... Not to mention, when you do find the show, you can set it to automatically switch to the station at the time of the broadcast... You don't have to subscribe to it... It comes with every DirecTV account...

;)

Delphic Reason
Agreed... I can't believe we will never hear him play the guitar, ever again... What a waste...
Junkyard Wars
Ummm... DirecTV comes with an on-screen guide that can display up to 3 days in advance... I don't have any problems finding when any show comes on... Not to mention, when you do find the show, you can set it to automatically switch to the station at the time of the broadcast... You don't have to subscribe to it... It comes with every DirecTV account...
;)

I hate using that thing. It's not very reliable. I've programmed shows to come on, and they don't. I also have things I "scout" for, and it often misses a lot of shows that I would have liked to have seen. The paper guide is easier for me. I can scan and read about a weeks worth of programming in just 15 to 20 minutes. The electronic guide takes a lot longer, and you have to use it more often becaused you're limited to just three days. And I don't like that. Plus, there is no crossword puzzle.

Solid Lifters
I hate using that thing. It's not very reliable. I've programmed shows to come on, and they don't. I also have things I "scout" for, and it often misses a lot of shows that I would have liked to have seen. The paper guide is easier for me. I can scan and read about a weeks worth of programming in just 15 to 20 minutes. The electronic guide takes a lot longer, and you have to use it more often becaused you're limited to just three days. And I don't like that. Plus, there is no crossword puzzle.

It's 100% reliable if it is used correctly... Garbage in, garbage out...

I use both... However, I still believe the paper guide to be pretty archaic, to say the least... The DirecTV online guide is not exactly brain surgery... You can pretty much learn how to use all it's functions in less than 15 minutes...

Before Night Falls

;)

Solid Lifters

It's definetly not reliable. When I search for say Fifth Gear it says no matches found but if I do in-fact look 3 days in advance it's there.:grumpy:

nothing

Delphic Reason
It's 100% reliable if it is used correctly... Garbage in, garbage out...

I use both... However, I still believe the paper guide to be pretty archaic, to say the least... The DirecTV online guide is not exactly brain surgery... You can pretty much learn how to use all it's functions in less than 15 minutes...

Before Night Falls

;)
How could I be using it wrong? That makes no sense. I enter the title of a show; I check all the fields to perform that search; I click finish. Some shows show up, but not all of them all of the time. It's not being used incorrectly. Same with reminders. I select a show to be reminded about and sometimes it wont work. I cannot rely on it to work every time. This is not a fault of mine. I'm not doing anything different. Too many reminders can cause confusion, and it wont work correctly, but it does that with just one or two show reminders also. Again, no fault on my part.

Solid Lifters
How could I be using it wrong? That makes no sense. I enter the title of a show; I check all the fields to perform that search; I click finish. Some shows show up, but not all of them all of the time. It's not being used incorrectly. Same with reminders. I select a show to be reminded about and sometimes it wont work. I cannot rely on it to work every time. This is not a fault of mine. I'm not doing anything different. Too many reminders can cause confusion, and it wont work correctly, but it does that with just one or two show reminders also. Again, no fault on my part.

I've never had a problem with my DirecTV box, or with any of the functions... Although, I don't really use the reminder function that much... I have never had an instance where I set a show to come on, and it didn't work... Maybe it's the difference in the box itself...

M*A*S*H

;)

How many boxes have you had? This is my fourth, and I had to buy this one. Seriously. The previous boxes would shut off, and wouldn't come back on for at least an hour, or they would change the color of the screen to all green, with a red line across the top.

Just to make a note, what manufacture is it?

I just finished Event Horizon for the first time. It was alright. Not one of the 5 worst movies of all time, as Famine thinks...

Back