What are your dream bikes ?.

Bimota 500 v due, I'd like to try one even though it's probably not a great bike as they had lots of problems.
Bimota%20500%20Vdue%20%202.jpg

NSR 250 SP
user_nsr250rsp_12.jpg

2009 R6, even though I'm faster on a CBR600, the R6 is insane and exciting.

I can't wait to see if Ducati bring out some new trail bikes and they are owned by Audi now.If they are anything like the Elefant in the first post i will be absolutely amazed.I will be the first to be knocking on their door to get first dibs on bike number 1.

I can't really decide, it's not like a car where some are really special and cool.
(Not that bikes aren't special and cool, but an NSX will always be cooler than any modern day superbike.)

I would really like a KTM EXC/XC 200 or 300, and an aluminum frame CR500 as well.
(Was wanting a supermoto CR500 but apparently they're extremely hard to control, and not any faster than a 450 4 stroke.)

I think it would be really cool to ride a Honda RC166, same with a modernish 250GP bike.

But the holy grail would be a 500GP bike, or a new MotoGP bike. (Providing I don't kill myself on either, 500 more likely though.:lol:)

Still debating on that KTM? I told you go 300 :lol:

:lol:

Yep, things are more confusing now because I've been hearing that it doesn't even matter what you're riding, as long as it's a race bike or woods bike you'll be fine.

An ex MX racer suggested a 250 4 stroke MX bike for woods duty, and said that a lot of fast guys actually run 125 2 stroke MX bikes.

I do like the way the power delivery is on the 4 stroke racebike, very smooth power curve.

@Bopop4

That's why I tend to lean in favor of 4 strokes, due to the smooth power delivery. Don't get me wrong though, I do love a good 2 stroke. Personally I think 4 tends to do woods duty a lot better.

Also, 400 horsepower turbo Raptor with 14lbs of boost.

I barely know anything about motorcycles. Heck, I don't even know how to ride one. So, maybe I shouldn't post here, but I suppose I have a dream bike, after all.

There is only one die-cast scale model of a bike that I have in my bedroom back home. It's there sitting between cars. But I have never been a bike person. Unlike cars, they don't have the same peculiar power of attraction for me. I imagine that it would be an outrageously enthralling experience to ride a bike fast, and perhaps how you sometimes have to lean into corners along with your bike helps you feel very connected to it, strongly underpinning the concept of becoming one with the vehicle. Maybe it's even more pleasurable than driving a car fast. But when standing alone, a bike doesn't look, err...alive. With a car, I can kinda see it as a living creature, while also having some sort of personality displayed. To some extent, it's like looking at an animal. A bike hardly looks lively to me without its rider. I guess the basic, fundamental structure of what makes a motorcycle, limits the designer in attempting to make it look characterful in the same way of a car. But that day in the toy store, somehow I decided to get a bike instead of any car. It must have seemed pretty special to me.

It was a model of a Triumph Sprint RS.

2000-triumph-sprint-rs-10.jpg

Don't get my post wrong, I'm not dismissing them as simply uninteresting. I also hope that it doesn't anger the hardcore motorcycle enthusiasts here.

I barely know anything about motorcycles. Heck, I don't even know how to ride one. So, maybe I shouldn't post here, but I suppose I have a dream bike, after all.

There is only one die-cast scale model of a bike that I have in my bedroom back home. It's there sitting between cars. But I have never been a bike person. Unlike cars, they don't have the same peculiar power of attraction for me. I imagine that it would be an outrageously enthralling experience to ride a bike fast, and perhaps how you sometimes have to lean into corners along with your bike helps you feel very connected to it, strongly underpinning the concept of becoming one with the vehicle. Maybe it's even more pleasurable than driving a car fast. But when standing alone, a bike doesn't look, err...alive. With a car, I can kinda see it as a living creature, while also having some sort of personality displayed. To some extent, it's like looking at an animal. A bike hardly looks lively to me without its rider. I guess the basic, fundamental structure of what makes a motorcycle, limits the designer in attempting to make it look characterful in the same way of a car. But that day in the toy store, somehow I decided to get a bike instead of any car. It must have seemed pretty special to me.

It was a model of a Triumph Sprint RS.

2000-triumph-sprint-rs-10.jpg

Don't get my post wrong, I'm not dismissing them as simply uninteresting. I also hope that it doesn't anger the hardcore motorcycle enthusiasts here.

You need to get on a bike, NAOW.
(Not a streetbike, a dirtbike to learn on.)

You've just summed up what I've been trying to say for a long time now, cars look awesome, but bikes are more awesome to ride.

And yay, triple.

Aprilia RSV4R Factory
Aprilia 450R motard
2014 CBR1000RR converted into a cafe racer
Yamaha R7
Ducati Desmodeci R
Honda NSR

Cafe racers seem to be huge right now. And I like how they look too, don't get me wrong. But take it from someone who's owned a couple, all a cafe racer is, is an insanely uncomfortable way to get around on a bike that was once completely fine but is now bonkers to ride and has no other purpose than to look good sitting outside a dive bar or "cafe". They don't even look good going down the road, because let's face it, nobody looks good hunched over a cafe racer cruising at 35mph looking like they're ready to go 200mph.

XS
Cafe racers seem to be huge right now. And I like how they look too, don't get me wrong. But take it from someone who's owned a couple, all a cafe racer is, is an insanely uncomfortable way to get around on a bike that was once completely fine but is now bonkers to ride and has no other purpose than to look good sitting outside a dive bar or "cafe". They don't even look good going down the road, because let's face it, nobody looks good hunched over a cafe racer cruising at 35mph looking like they're ready to go 200mph.
:lol:

That's why I hate crotch rockets :lol:

I like oddball bikes aswell like the Vyrus 987 C3 4VV .Tom Cruise owns one of these bikes.They cost 112,000 dollers in America but come from Italy, so might get one cheaper.

Here is an article about one

http://uncrate.com/stuff/vyrus-987-c3-4v/
I remember that bike, most notably when Tom Cruise and I believe Nicolas Cage bought them. Seems just way over the top. I'm willing to bet a Ducati Desmosedici RR would give it a run for its money, except maybe at the drag strip, and for half the money and just as exclusive.

The good thing about the Vyrus is it has no steering damper ( doesn't suffer tankslappers over bumps etc ).Which is quite good actually with it producing 195bhp at the rear wheel.Saying that the Vyrus is pretty expensive so i will stick with my Cagiva Elefant 750LE.Or if a new Elefant comes along i will probably buy that instead.

Last edited:
Since Massimo Tamburrini passed away, i think Cagiva/Mv Agusta/Ducati should make some well respected bikes in his and Castiglioni's honour.

Last edited:
Speaking of Cagiva, this was just freshly restored after sourcing parts for over 10 years!

DSC02600 (1024x768).jpg
DSC02616 (1024x768).jpg
DSC02618 (1024x768).jpg
DSC02619 (1024x768).jpg
DSC02620 (1024x768).jpg
student-fail-10.jpg

Always wanted one of these. It's got a 200cc 2 stroke engine and is pure race bike. Only complaint is the lack of dual piston calipers.

Last edited:
That's it mate cheers.Is that yours dude it looks immaculate.
Unfortuntely no. It's a guy I follow that has collected very rare bikes and ATC's over the years. I would love to have this thing though.

It's very rare to find racing trikes here in the UK, as i think they were that dangerous they banned them.Or so i've been told.

Well they werent as common in the UK as they were in North America. But whoever told you they are dangerous is a moron who doesn't know how to ride one. You can't ride it like a motorcycle, you have to slide it at speed. This means you have to lean very far with your butt off the seat to keep all the tires in contact wit the ground while hugging the gas tank. Its involving but very fun. I'm estimating this was has around low 30s in the horsepower department, but this one was designed to race short and complex tracks with lots of sharp turns and jumps.

I have a few dream bikes, but the ultimate for me would be a new tuned Vincent Black Lightning by Irving Vincent.I would just have a single stubby exhaust, so i can hear that glorious v twin engine .The thing is though it would have to be a new engine in it plus a new gearbox ( on the left side this time please ).Around 1,600cc, 8 valve, liquid cooled, quad cam engine with pushrods and take it to Irving Vincent to be tuned up.Hopefully knocking out about 200bhp in standard form, and boosting it to 250bhp with minimum effort.It would have to be a cafe racer look, to see the exposed engine.

Last edited:
Back