What are your dream bikes ?.

I guess this might be a bit more practical than my previous choice. :D

ducati%20Monster%20900%2094%20%201.jpg

or this.

Ducati_SportClassic_Sport1000S_B.jpg

I still want a Vespa, though.

I never had interest in 4 stroke motorbikes, although i bought one and inherited one too.When are the new 2 stroke road legal bikes going to come out on the market again ?.There is a market for 2 strokes ( a big market for it ) but are just not making them.I am bored rigid waiting for anyone to do something.Where is the natural technological progression nowadays eh ?.No new outstanding frames being built.Suspension that is out of the dark ages.Come on stop spending money on the wrong things and get your thinking caps on.

Last edited:
I never had interest in 4 stroke motorbikes, although i bought one and inherited one too.When are the new 2 stroke road legal bikes going to come out on the market again ?.There is a market for 2 strokes ( a big market for it ) but are just not making them.I am bored rigid waiting for anyone to do something.Where is the natural technological progression nowadays eh ?.No new outstanding frames being built.Suspension that is out of the dark ages.Come on stop spending money on the wrong things and get your thinking caps on.

There's simply no need for a 2 stroke on the street. 4 strokes are more fuel efficient, produce less harmful emissions, sound way better, have a bigger powerband (more low end torque), and also last longer (more miles).

As far as frames go, I've never heard anyone complain about frames. They are the strongest and lightest ever. Maybe you're looking at the wrong type of bike.

And suspension. Dual sport motorcycles have soft suspensions, sportbikes have hard suspensions set for the track. Find the bike to suit your needs. There's plenty out there.

me d.jpg

A bandit 600 and yes this was me 10 years ago

gsx.jpg
Or a gsx 1400 that my dad has now and I do most the work on it due to me having more experience with fixing bikes

There's simply no need for a 2 stroke on the street. 4 strokes are more fuel efficient, produce less harmful emissions, sound way better, have a bigger powerband (more low end torque), and also last longer (more miles).
This.

I don't know what came over me, i acted like a plonka so for that i appologise.I will keep my mouth shut about 2 stroke motorbikes now.Hopefully Cagiva bring out something like i've posted here on the first post.

I find 2 Strokes to have more character. Some of these 4 Strokes feel too perfect.

The Honda Fireblade is a perfect example. It's the perfect bike... and yet has no character. It's like the McLaren MP4-12C of the motorcycle world.

I've wanted a Vespa.

A Vespa 125 "Barchetta" because of it's shape.

vespa125.jpg

I've loved this model.

Also the trial racing Vespa

The 125 Sei Giorgini

vespa125sg.jpg

If I can't get either of them, I'll settle for the Vespa 50. There's a lot of them so chances are I wil find one.

However I've always loved the original prototype...

The 'Papperino' (the duckling)

mp5.jpg

Now to the bikes that everyone expects a young guy to dream about...

2014 BMW 1200GS

BMW_R1200GS_Adventure_st4pz.jpg

I love to drive and I love to explore. I would love to buy one and drive all over New Zealand and Australia. @Skython is on this with me :P

After this comes the BMW R NINE T

bmw-r-ninet-2014-46-11014226alksd.jpg

After this comes the

Ducati Monster 696

motoring-graphics-2_840019a.jpg

I want to get back to riding Kawasaki's, so I'll pick up where I left off with my 636.

Kawasaki ZX-6R

ZX6R%202013%20GREEN.JPG

Had to change my mind a bit. It's been a year since I made that post in here, so I suppose that that's alright :lol:

Got two radically different bikes that I absolutely adore. Neither of which were around when I made my last post in August '13. First, the sexy BMW R Nine T.

BMW-R-nineT-Motorcycle-beautiful-Design-picture-965x596.jpg

Now, that's retro done right. And everyone who's ridden one agrees that they're absolutely amazing. A bit expensive for the specs and whatnot, but I'd gladly pay that premium - if I had the cash...

Numer two, less realistic and utterly stupid: The Kawasaki Ninja H2R. I'd probably die within hours of owning one or be too afraid to ever rally unleash it...

kawasaki-ninja-H2R-designboom01.jpg

I want it, still. As Jalopnik so aptly titled their article about it, "it's bat**** insane". And that's why I want one. A 300 HP monster bike that looks like some sort of fighter aircraft? Sign me up!

The thing with big capacity trail bikes is they are too top heavy, too tall for anyone smaller than 5ft 9 inches.But only half good for touring, you may aswell buy a 1800 Goldwing to do that.But you can't go off road with a Goldwing.So where is the cheap, reliable, lightweight, fun trail bikes now then aye.

The thing with big capacity trail bikes is they are too top heavy, too tall for anyone smaller than 5ft 9 inches.But only half good for touring, you may aswell buy a 1800 Goldwing to do that.But you can't go off road with a Goldwing.So where is the cheap, reliable, lightweight, fun trail bikes now then aye.
WR450F, DRZ400...

Sorry but i fancy a small capacity v twin trail bike not a single cylinder.Maybe something around 450cc or a little bit bigger say 650cc.But lightweight and high spec in engine/gearbox department.Also high spec suspension and brakes.

Sorry but i fancy a small capacity v twin trail bike not a single cylinder.Maybe something around 450cc or a little bit bigger say 650cc.But lightweight and high spec in engine/gearbox department.Also high spec suspension and brakes.

The only V-Twin bike that is made for off-road is the KTM 990. Stick to the single cylinders for off-road. There's a reason that they're all single cylinders. That's what they're made for. If you want a V-Twin, get a SV650 and put knobbies on it. Other than that, there is no bike that could possibly meet your needs. Broaden your restrictions or you'll never find a bike.

And then I recommend a smaller bike and you say you want something smaller, then you say you want something around 650cc. Then you say you want something lightweight. Then you say you want a bike specialized in Engine, GB, Brakes, etc. when 5 minutes ago you were complaining that off-road bikes lack touring ability...Dude, make up your mind before you post this stuff please.

Just for the record, higher engine (big engine) CC = more weight, heavy. Lower engine (smaller engine) CC = less weight, light. Heavier bikes usually make more power, but they sacrifice handling.

You can't have touring and true offroad capability in one bike.

The closest you'll get is probably a BMW 650GS.
If you want better offroad you'll have to get an enduro, not a good road bike.

You can't have touring and true offroad capability in one bike.

The closest you'll get is probably a BMW 650GS.
If you want better offroad you'll have to get an enduro, not a good road bike.
This basically. It's pretty much one or the other because of the way each is designed to handle with certain ground contact types.

I think it's extremely ugly, but I don't know enough about a front swingarm design to criticize it on that.

If it was a better design than conventional forks then you'd see a lot more bikes with it, I think this is mainly a fashion statement and/or technology demonstrator.

The first 2 pics look nice though, like an MV or Aprillia.

It's definitely a futuristic looking bike in my opinion. Can't say I'm a fan of the front swingarm, either. It makes it look like Batman's motorcycle.

I might get myself an RMX 250 and be done with it.That's one thing i like doing, is going off road.I used to go on holiday in the south of France with my old Suzuki TS125X and ride around a massive lake, when i was 17 years old.It was 4 miles across & 7 miles wide So you can imagine how much riding i was doing every day.Plus it was fun too, not just messing around on roads.Another thing is the RMX is only 113kg & has 40bhp standard.Will also try and get supermoto wheels and tyres for it.Any mods i should do before fitting them ?.Better still i might buy a CRM 250 AR enduro instead plus a sports bike for on road fun, so i have the best of both worlds.Maybe CBR-F Sport or something.

Nath.

Last edited:
I might get myself an RMX 250 and be done with it.That's one thing i like doing, is going off road.I used to go on holiday in the south of France with my old Suzuki TS125X and ride around a massive lake, when i was 17 years old.It was 4 miles across & 7 miles wide So you can imagine how much riding i was doing every day.Plus it was fun too, not just messing around on roads.Another thing is the RMX is only 113kg & has 40bhp standard.Will also try and get supermoto wheels and tyres for it.Any mods i should do before fitting them ?.

Nath.

Numer 1 mod would be barkbusters.
Not just plastic hand guards, but the ones that have a full metal loop around the ends of the bars. Can't count how many times they've saved my levers and my hands.

Other than that I can't really think of anything else it would need, it already has a larger flywheel weight than the RM.

@Mike-ZENKAI Love that Britten. Not sure abrout the Honda/Norelco, though.

An early Peugeot PX-10 has been on my wishlist for quite some time.

Like the bicycle, but is probably something for another thread ;).

The Honda might not be the best looking but it was the bike that Mr.Tamburini took a few pointers from to design the Ducati 916.
And just look at the technology under that carbon bodywork.....
cyl head nr750.jpg
nr750engine.jpg

Back