What are your dream bikes ?.

The R1200 is so, so damn expensive, but so awsome. A new one costs 21.000€ in Portugal. I would prefer the slightly cheaper Super Ténéré.

My dream motorbikes are more towards the super naked spectrum, like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

or this

Color_M-1200S_Red_01_1067x600.jpg

Expensive here too, even second hand they're incredibly pricey. The Multistrada too. Would be the ideal lease-bike though :) (Instead of a car..)
1106PP_2016_Amb-01_1920x1080.mediagallery_output_image_[1920x1080].jpg

The MV Agusta is lovely but the Ducati is or looks very small in person.. I think that makes it less attractive.

And used BMW R1200 sell like hot cakes, it's pretty uncommon to see one. The Multistrada is wierd, It has been better looking in the past. The new Super Ténéné or even the Africa Twin would suffice. I agree, they should be leased because they are two wheeled cars :lol:

I'm not tall myself, so I don't mind small bikes. Ducati are generally smaller than the other bikes of the segment (maybe except the Diavel, that thing is enormous)

Hello, I think my all time dream bike would be a 4 rotor rotary engined superbike.About 800cc I reckon.Made by Brian Crighton who used to work for Norton and made Norton F1 race/road bikes come to fruition.Anyway if you can get 80bhp from each rotor x4 that's 320 brake horsepower total.Make it a hybrid, with a magnesium powered battery that Toyota are making.That should give extra shove in the horsepower department.Also a company called AIE UK are building rotary engines as we speak and have 80 years experience in making them.They weigh next to nothing and give outstanding power to weight ratios too.If the bike weighs less than 100kg that will probably be the fastest production petrol engined road legal machine ever.

-> Test rode this twice, I simply adore it! I love sleeper bikes!

2016-BMW-S-1000-XR-Light-White-3.jpg

^ Since I don't have a bike yet, I have to think realistically:

suzuki-v-strom-650-a_600x0w.jpg

:)

I think you meant to edit 👍

I wanna see the body lines and Ducati knows this. We hate those license/indicator tail bundle, so they moved the license plate down to the wheel.

Love it!
Color_Diavel_01_1067x600.jpg

Wish more manufacturers would do this. I'm tired of jerry rigging the damn plates by basically stuffing them in there and holding them with zip ties.

Or buying a conversion kit.

-> I apologize for the accidental double-posting.

I wanna see the body lines and Ducati knows this. We hate those license/indicator tail bundle, so they moved the license plate down to the wheel.

Love it!
Color_Diavel_01_1067x600.jpg

Wish more manufacturers would do this. I'm tired of jerry rigging the damn plates by basically stuffing them in there and holding them with zip ties.

Or buying a conversion kit.
^ Saw the XDiavel in person two weeks ago, it was a rolling art!

Diavel :crazy: Sick bike! It's a one seater only no? Would like to have such a bike to ride with gf as passenger.

It's a one seater. Don't let their marketing fool you. Even if your gf is petite, she'll be uncomfortable as hell. The rear seat is beyond useless.

D0F0bhb.jpg

Look at the model, she's sitting on the backrest. Not even a child could sit comfortably there. Not to mention Ducati's CEO said they don't accommodate passengers because it would throw off the lines of the bike. If you ask a dealer to install one for you, they'll quote the CEO and sell it to you without it. You can buy the kit separately but they won't install it.

Last edited:
It's a one seater. Don't let their marketing fool you. Even if your gf is petite, she'll be uncomfortable as hell. The rear seat is beyond useless.

Look at the model, she's sitting on the backrest. Not even a child could sit comfortably there. Not to mention Ducati's CEO said they don't accommodate passengers because it would throw off the lines of the bike. If you ask a dealer to install one for you, they'll quote the CEO and sell it to you without it. You can buy the kit separately but they won't install it.

It looks like the taillights would do a lot of illuminating her backside. :lol: I'd imagine this would be more of an issue for the creepy chap in his tinted van trying to get a closer look.

Honestly, I've always been way more of a car guy than a motorcycle guy, but if I was to ever drive a motorcycle or own one, I'd absolutely love to have a 1998 Suzuki GSX-R750. Hopefully in this exact paint here:

IMG_1756.JPG

I'm not even sure if it's a good starting motorcycle, but it looks and sounds so good. I hear Suzuki is a pretty good brand too.

Honestly, I've always been way more of a car guy than a motorcycle guy, but if I was to ever drive a motorcycle or own one, I'd absolutely love to have a 1998 Suzuki GSX-R750. Hopefully in this exact paint here:

View attachment 602619
I'm not even sure if it's a good starting motorcycle, but it looks and sounds so good. I hear Suzuki is a pretty good brand too.

It was a good bike for it's time. Not a bad starter, I even seem some of the era being run into the ground after good modifications.

The Srad 750 is a good bike even by todays standard. the 1998 model was Fuel injected and with the superb chassi/frame it is a good and cheap trackday weapon. The chassis/frame is rumoured to by inspired by the Suzuki's RGV 500 GP bike and it kinda feels like it is not that far fetched when riding one so it is a good choice to start of with.

As for me and I guess a lot of others here a Ducati would be a perfect match for a dream bike. Especially an 916 preped for trackday/racing. To bad I am to chicken to get one as a old Ducati for trackday use would mean a tad to much time wasted on maintenance instead of racing.
foggy.jpg

and for playful and hooligan sunday rides I would definitely choose this piece of "up yours machinery"
KTM-790-DUKE-PROTOTYPE-5-770x440.jpg

IMG_2341.JPG
If I ever learned how to ride a motorcycle, I would ride a Honda CB1000R. Or, as I call it, "The Modern-Day Hornet". It's hard to find a Honda like this, to be powered by the Fireblade's I-4 in the U.S.

@TenEightyOne -> I could've liked some Kawi bikes, but its US subsidiary are a grouch when it comes to corporate test/demo rides!

-> Even Ducati, Triumph, Moto Guzzi, BMW, & KTM are willing to demo their bikes and NOT Kawasaki!? I call it bull:censored:! :indiff:

Never knew that, Kawasaki is my favorite bike brand so it's a bit sad to hear this. What about Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha?

Kawasaki has done demos before. Usually when it's an all-new iteration of a model. If the bike came out in 2015 and the 2017 model is the exact same there's no need for a demo.

They did demos of their 1400 cruisers, their ZX14s, ZX10s, and Z1000s

-> ...
Never knew that, Kawasaki is my favorite bike brand so it's a bit sad to hear this. What about Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha?
^ Those three are fine. Yamaha and Suzuki are the most active! Although Honda is the most stringent, they require you to have a mandatory riding boots.

-> And since you're from AZ, I will be riding a rental Chieftain for bike fest from the 6th to the 9th next month! There are several bikes for demos will be present there:

Peoria (Phoenix Bikefest '17)
- Suzuki
- Yamaha / Star
- H-D
- Indian / Slingshot

Scottsdale (Arizona Bike Week '17)
- H-D
- Ducati
- KTM

^ Hope that the '17 Street Rod, '17 FZ-09, & '17 V-Strom 650 will be present at these events.

There was a time this was true, I think 2 Stroke is more fun, but now I think 4 stroke v4s are the best.

Just nothing drives like a two stroke, that kick of the powerband is really addictive. Sometimes you just needed to go down one more gear but you didn't so now you're sitting here waiting..

Might give Yamaha's Big Bang engine a chance but V engines have a slight irregular timing too. Aprilia seems to be pretty successful with their V4 and I expected Ducati to show theirs some time ago but they don't.. Pretty amazing what they can get out of a V2!

Back