What are your hopes/expectations for FH4?

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 280 comments
Hopefully we get some new Jeeps, since Jeeps are kinda a big thing over there. 👍
Also PROPERTIES?!!! That's it. I'm dead. Revive me when it's September 28th. :lol:
Jeeps as cars built by the company Jeep aren’t that big here, but some people have a habit of referring to 4x4’s in general as Jeeps.

Where I live though it’s all Evoques and recently Velars, not that any of them have driven over anything tougher than a kerb.

So there's the Speed 12. Sneaky bugger hiding behind an XJ220.
upload_2018-6-10_23-0-7.png

I have fears instead of expectations:

-Forced Homologation
-No blueprint
-No good-old VIP
-Performance issues at launch
-An annoying person talking to you all the time
-Taking away features that made older Forzas and Horizon 3 so fantastic.

I am super excited, but let's be honest. They have BIG shoes to fill in after Horizon 3, and examples not not follow from Motorsports 7. If they want to make this game great, stick to what has worked in the past, leave gimmicks behind, stay away from post-release monetization models other than expansions and car packs. Just focus on making a good, fun and HONEST game. It was done with Horizon 3. Don't ditch that model.

Whilst I get that Horizon is all about driving on the Main road.. I still think you should be able to have access to Race Tracks in the game.

E.G, If Scotland is in the game, you should be able to visit Knockhill. Or if you're in Yorkshire then you should be able to go to Croft etc.. Would just be something new to the Horizon series IMHO.

Whilst I get that Horizon is all about driving on the Main road.. I still think you should be able to have access to Race Tracks in the game.

E.G, If Scotland is in the game, you should be able to visit Knockhill. Or if you're in Yorkshire then you should be able to go to Croft etc.. Would just be something new to the Horizon series IMHO.

And then, because the actual map is not up to scale with the real life environments around the track, you end up with a complete mess like The Crew's Laguna Seca.

No thanks.

Hopes:
- An option to turn the talking person off and truly off this time. I don't want to hear a voice whenever I got to an event and my current car can't enter when it's just going to give me the option to switch there anyway.
- Improved Blueprint system where I can even choose the paths on the map I want rather than just pre-selected paths. Since this entry is in the UK, I hope it includes london so I can recreate the PGR4 tracks.
- Improved customization
- No locking out features such as car dealerships at the start, I found it annoying that FH3 forced me to do certain races before I could finally buy a car and get into the career.

- Improved Blueprint system where I can even choose the paths on the map I want rather than just pre-selected paths. Since this entry is in the UK, I hope it includes london so I can recreate the PGR4 tracks.
I don't think the map is going to extend as far as London. If it were they would've featured it in the trailer. It'd make a good expansion though.

I think they already confirmed a course creator in the announcement articles.

And then, because the actual map is not up to scale with the real life environments around the track, you end up with a complete mess like The Crew's Laguna Seca.

No thanks.
I had to YouTube this to see how bad it was.

:lol: at the corkscrew.

No thanks.
Wait, what about The Crew's Laguna Seca? I'll be right back.

*looks up track* O_O
My god, that's the worst version of Laguna Seca I have ever seen!

The fact that they announced we can buy properties is something I'm really looking forward to. I played alot of TDU2 back in the day and that was one of my favorite aspects of the game, having a house that I could personalize and being able to drool over my cars in the garage.

A feature I do hope they add is allowing us to choose interior colors/trims for cars. A feature of TDU2 that I also really liked.

No thanks.

Or they might be able to work around it and have it look good.

Different company etc.

So For me, Yes Please.

Wait, what about The Crew's Laguna Seca? I'll be right back.

*looks up track* O_O
My god, that's the worst version of Laguna Seca I have ever seen!

Whatever you do, don't look at what they did with Sebring. :lol:

But seriously, the easy way to make open world racetracks happen would be to drive all the way to the location, get to the racetrack's entrance and then, with the help of a cutscene or load zone, switch over to the FM assets for Brands Hatch or Silverstone. Maybe now that PG's been bought by Microsoft that could be something to think about come FM8 time, but for now I can't see it happening.

I'm curious to see what'll happen with the barnfinds. I feel like FH3 had too many of them in the end.

I’ve thought that a decent idea would be for the Festival to be a Motorsport complex. Have it feature a road racing circuit, a rally cross circuit, drag strip and maybe a short track speedway or maybe a gymkhana style area for the drifters. Keep it all with the festival style and vibe and i think would work great.

Now that the (beautiful) cat is out of the bag, my main hope for FH4 is the return of Toyota/Lexus.

Other than that it would be nice to have a real circuit embedded in the open world, similar to what The Crew does. I understand Silverstone is way too big for the scale of the map, but Lydden Hill would be fantastic since it’s small and it has both a circuit layout and a rallycross layout.

I hope FH4 will have more buyable stuff,more costumes,etc..Just to annoy certain people who just cant let it goooo without using word microtransaction in every post about Forza :D

I know I may be asking for a li'l too much, but... I hope it will bring me the amazement I had when playing Forza Horizon 1 the first time. I was blasted away.

My forlorn hope is for less static replay angles or at least some kind of HUD showing which position your car has reached, and how far it's progressed in the race.

I think we've more chance of seeing a taxi with drift mode, however (although maybe not cluster munition - NSFW language warning).

Last edited:
Back