What Car do you use to grind?

  • Thread starter Thread starter XBulbX
  • 101 comments
  • 10,330 views
Ford GT LM Spec II on american championship. grind bout 1mill credits an hour got it from winning teh b-spec version of teh race i think. engine is bombed out, rigidity is knackered (1mill to rebuild it all) but it still wins by 10secs.
 
I used to amg sls stealth Mercedes. Grinded nurburg for awhile, than a race in the euro championship for awhile. The minolta I use at daytona 500. Haven't played much aspec since level 30. X1 is mine.
 
Bugatti Veyron at Turbo Challenge - High Speed Ring. 35,000 in 5 minutes.
 
ZR-1 RM in A-spec. Same Indy race that everyone is doing. 10 races per night. Do enduros as they open.

FGT in B-Spec running enduros. Will finish B-spec before A-spec. :(



On a side note: I've started 2 more games on sub accounts. It's nice to spend an hour or two actually playing the game and getting a prize car. I'm playing these accounts more casually and different than I'm playing the main account.
 
I use that Juan Montoya target NASCAR. It's good for sod all else! :lol: :dunce: 👍
 
I was using a race modified Corvette for the Indy race in the American Championship. Finally got so bored that I bought a race modified (plus a lot of other modifications) Camaro for a change of pace. I like the Camaro a lot better for the other race in that series at Laguna Seca - the 'Vette has so much power it's tough to keep it pointed in the right direction. They're probably both in desperate need of an engine rebuild / chassis refurbish, but as long as they keep winning...:sly:
 
My grind progression went like this:

1. McLaren F1 Stealth (Gamestop Preorder) on the London course in Professional British Lightweights series.

2. Bugatti Veyron (won in GT World Championship) on the High Speed Ring in the Turbo Series. I also set Bob loose in this car/race frequently because I can just walk away from it.

3. Toyota Minolta 88C-V (won in Like the Wind) on the Indy Speedway in the Like the Wind Series.

4. Corvette Z06 RM (Purchased and RMed) on the Indy Speedway in the American Championship.
 
None.
I won't grind. I'm putting the game away for a few months until some more updates come and the game is like it should be. I got stuck at level 15, because I don't have any of the cars needed for the races I have left, and I have done all of the special events that I can. The used car lot has not had one car that I need to keep going so I am done, until either some more events are added, or something else happens that will let me continue without having to grind away for no reason other then bad game structure. The only place I'll be racing for awhile is online, and just running hot laps.

Not sure how you are stuck at level 15, I made it to 24 before I had to grind a single race. I guess getting golds on all of the specials makes a difference, both in cars gained and in xp.

My grinding is now done with either the Minolta or the Pescorolo C60. Now if the stupid Formula GT would show up in the used car lot, been looking for 2 days now.
 
In A-Spec I use the Ford GT LM Spec II at Indy in American Championship.
In B-Spec I use the Red Bull X1 at Indy in Dreamcar Championship.
 
Not sure how you are stuck at level 15, I made it to 24 before I had to grind a single race. I guess getting golds on all of the specials makes a difference, both in cars gained and in xp.

My grinding is now done with either the Minolta or the Pescorolo C60. Now if the stupid Formula GT would show up in the used car lot, been looking for 2 days now.
I'm stuck because the races I have left at level 15 need cars I don't have and have to be bought in the used car section, that they haven't appeared in yet. I've got close to 1 million, but I don't have anything to spend it on. The used car lot just won't give in and give me the cars I need.
I guess I'm not totally stuck, I could either do B spec(no way) or the rest of the liscence tests. I guess maybe I'll hit up the tests and see if they give me something I need.
 
Use mye new Ferrari 458 max tuned for a-spec, and the Xj13 Cromeline as Bobs car, but it's getting boring so have to look for another car and track soon.
 
I guess I'm not totally stuck, I could either do B spec(no way) or the rest of the liscence tests. I guess maybe I'll hit up the tests and see if they give me something I need.

It's almost a handicap not doing the B-Spec races, because some of the prize cars really help out a lot in terms of progressing in the game (especially if you don't like spending money).

Have you finished all the Special events you're qualified for? They give massive amounts of XP - especially if you gold them.
 
Last edited:
For now, i grind for monies on some race for turbocharged cars, where i alternate between three cars.

Lotus Espirit V8GT
Buick GNX
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sport Wagon.

all three of them is from the used car lot.
 
GT-R V-Spec 09 and saving for actual race cars!
 
I use my RM'ed 2010 Camaro while grinding the American (can't remember the exact name) Championship. The car is really quick and has great handling.
 
I'm stuck because the races I have left at level 15 need cars I don't have and have to be bought in the used car section, that they haven't appeared in yet. I've got close to 1 million, but I don't have anything to spend it on. The used car lot just won't give in and give me the cars I need.
I guess I'm not totally stuck, I could either do B spec(no way) or the rest of the liscence tests. I guess maybe I'll hit up the tests and see if they give me something I need.

pm me what cars ur after and al keep eye out for them on used cars or u can borrow one of mine if i still have it
 
Sauber, Minolta or the RM ZR1, preferably the first 2, till I get the FGT of course :)
 
I'm stuck because the races I have left at level 15 need cars I don't have and have to be bought in the used car section, that they haven't appeared in yet. I've got close to 1 million, but I don't have anything to spend it on. The used car lot just won't give in and give me the cars I need.
I guess I'm not totally stuck, I could either do B spec(no way) or the rest of the liscence tests. I guess maybe I'll hit up the tests and see if they give me something I need.

bevo, if my memory serves me well (it has been a while since I finished the Special Events) you must be stuck on the second rally challenge (level 15 correct?) b-spec bobs are busy so I cant check for sure... :) But you could do something similar to me and buy a full blown WRC car (Cr. 850,000) I think you can have anything up to 345HP from memory and they all put out around 315HP and viola problem solved! 👍 Also, this is very helpful as you then need a full blown WRC car for the third stage of the rally event (level 20... I think) However, dont buy the C4 WRC as I did because then later that afternoon I finished the Sebastian Loeb Challenge and then had 2... neither of which could be sold! Anyways, the Suzuki SX4 WRC has same HP and weight and more Torque so... 👍 (dont know why I didnt realise that when I got my WRC car... :dunce:) Good Luck, Cheers. :)
 
My Corvette ZR1-R and my Peugeot 908 LMP1 car.
 
My Mercedes SLR Mclaren gets the job done.
Can get 80,000cr in 5 and a half minutes.
 
The Ford GT Spec II race car is what I use for the grind. With soft tires it's very easy to drive without lifting off the gas.

It's a really great car for normal racing, too.
 
Ford GT spec II Test Car, had to grind to get it but was worth it for the carbon black :).

Minolta goes every bit as fast as the FGT lest on ovals.

Before all that my italia did a ton of grinding for me.
 
I use the Audi A4 race car for the Extreme DTM Nordschliefe race - 83,000 per lap.

I also call this playing the game, not grinding.

Ditto, except I use the Merc CLK (stock and untuned).
 
I use one of my 2J's with a huge turbo
 
I was using a race modified Corvette and Camaro for the Indy thing, but I got so sick of those four corners I couldn't take it any more. Now I'm doing the European Championship instead. It's three tracks, and I can use any European car I want. It only pays 84K instead of the 98K I could make at Indy, but I'll gladly take the pay cut in exchange for the variety.

So now I don't have to use a car or two to grind - I'm using everything from BMW's to Lamborghinis, Ferraris, McLarens and Paganis.
 
Audi R10 tdi Stealth all the way. Very stable at speed on Like The Wind and kills the opposition in all German/European racing challenges! And you never ever have to rebuild the engine or chassis at huge cost when you use it repeatedly or, heaven forbid, crash it.
 
R34 Skyline NUR,bought it early in the game,use it to beat pretty much everything ive put it in so far(just started on expert),i use it because 797hp in a 1000"ish"kg car annililates almost anything under 840hp in acceleration(besides dedicated race cars)
 
Back