What Car do you use to grind?

  • Thread starter Thread starter XBulbX
  • 101 comments
  • 10,330 views
AJ Allmendinger 2010 NASCAR for the American Championship race at Indy. Round and round and round and round and round....
3800km covered in that car so far.
 
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Extream Rome event. While Listening to stand up comics ^_^ and booz
 
In B=Spec, I am now using the Formula GT, it eats everything ... except an X1 :) set it and forget it, one of my lesser experienced drivers is earning his spurs in it. :)
 
Formula GT, Minolta Toyota, and the Chaparral 2J.
 
I'm using a Toyota Minolta 88C-V in, Like The Wind on Superspeedway Indy.
I mess around with the down force and put racing soft on front, racing hard on rear to get good cornering/grip.
 
Overall, I think racing the Indy @ Like The Wind is better in terms of time than racing the Indy @ The American Championship. At the Like the Wind event it pays around C70,000 but can be done in just about 3.5 minutes compared to racing the Indy @ The American Championship which pays C980,000 but takes about 4.5 minutes. If you take in consideration the 1.3 minutes it takes to exit the event and come back in again to race, and the extra minute it takes @ The American Championship, racing the Indy @ Like the Wind will earn you more credits in the least amount of time in say, something like 1/2 an hour of playtime..


I use the Sauber C9 or Minolta btw..
 
Zonda R for me, Toyota Minolta for Bob.
 
RM Z06 in indy in the american championship... the race exhaust sound sucks, by the way (I pretend I´m racing a prototype Vette promoting the versatility of the new GM V6 engine). I wanted to get a better car, but i´m a terrible Cr. saver and never can reach above 1 Million without spending it like crazy. Also, I´m stuck in level 27...
 
Last edited:
Formula GT in the Super GT race series. One whole tank of fuel = 20+ laps then refuel for the last bit and instant XP.
 
:tup:Minolta -> LTW -> 70k . I'm only at level 21 so yeah i'm earning small cash.
 
Overall, I think racing the Indy @ Like The Wind is better in terms of time than racing the Indy @ The American Championship. At the Like the Wind event it pays around C70,000 but can be done in just about 3.5 minutes compared to racing the Indy @ The American Championship which pays C980,000 but takes about 4.5 minutes. If you take in consideration the 1.3 minutes it takes to exit the event and come back in again to race, and the extra minute it takes @ The American Championship, racing the Indy @ Like the Wind will earn you more credits in the least amount of time in say, something like 1/2 an hour of playtime..


I use the Sauber C9 or Minolta bt.w.

Well, speaking personally I use the Indy event in the American Championship for grinding like many others. My car is the Ford GT LM Spec II Race Car, is fully tuned in regards to BHP and can complete the circuit in 3:45 no problem at all. I don't think there is a better car for doing that event, but if there is can somebody let me know. ;)
 
It was my Peugot 908 HDi but it's now my C6 ZR1 RM...
 
Level 22. Been grinding my Zonda R. I was hoping that, as easily as it blisters almost everything in non-race car events, that it would be at least competitive in race car events. I was wrong. So I'm not sure what I'll use next.
 
I get 1'07 in HSR turbo challenge expert with my beloved dream car , skyline R32 GTR 604bhp, i tuned the suspension, i think i have done this race alone 43 times :D Since i remember i only used this car for 2 other events, and i have 45 wins with this car so far :D:D
 
Well, speaking personally I use the Indy event in the American Championship for grinding like many others. My car is the Ford GT LM Spec II Race Car, is fully tuned in regards to BHP and can complete the circuit in 3:45 no problem at all. I don't think there is a better car for doing that event, but if there is can somebody let me know. ;)

Hmm, 3:45 eh? That's actually pretty fast, 5 secs faster than what I can do in the RM ZR1. I can't get it any lower than 3:50 with the RM ZR1, maybe I could probably do 1-1.5 secs faster if I drive perfect, but that's it. That's racing pretty good, not crashing against any of the walls, passing all the opponents quickly at the beginning and with the gear ratios set to its top end speed. Having to let off the gas right before the corners in the Indy takes precious seconds off the RM ZR1. I actually thought about buying the Ford GT LM Spec II Race Car to do the grind thing, but had the ZR1 from the beggining, will try the Ford next time.
 
Hmm, 3:45 eh? That's actually pretty fast, 5 secs faster than what I can do in the RM ZR1. I can't get it any lower than 3:50 with the RM ZR1, maybe I could probably do 1-1.5 secs faster if I drive perfect, but that's it. That's racing pretty good, not crashing against any of the walls, passing all the opponents quickly at the beginning and with the gear ratios set to its top end speed. Having to let off the gas right before the corners in the Indy takes precious seconds off the RM ZR1. I actually thought about buying the Ford GT LM Spec II Race Car to do the grind thing, but had the ZR1 from the beggining, will try the Ford next time.

Yeh it's quite good, no letting off the gas is required. I'm sure I bought some extra power for the car and racing soft tyres helps, and set it's transmission to 242mph. To be honest, I tried that corvette race modified and it was crap, you have to lift off heck of a lot to make the turn and although it's has a lot more BHP than the ford it simply can't put it down enough. You can win the Ford btw from the Dream Car Championship I think, i'm saving up to buy the test car aswell as it just looks sweet.
 
I was thinking the same thing.
It once again proves that 'gamers' today really can't play any game without their carrot on a stick. (exp, grind, levels, stats)
What happened to enjoying the game, I haven't grinded anything, just raced and bought cars, now near level 24 with 3 million in cash and a whole bunch of shiney cars in my garage (many of which I haven't really been able to properly try yet) and I haven't even finished all of the events yet.

At level 23 you wont understand the meaning of the word grind. When you are level 26, golded everything unlocked so far and realise that you need to do another 10 races just to reach level 27. And il bet then i will have to do 15 races as well as the enduro 200 miles to reach level 28 . I want my X1 damn it:mad:

Til then it will be called grinding not gaming

Also at level 23 for wont have experienced the pain of waiting for your FGT to show up in the used car lot
 
Hmm, 3:45 eh? That's actually pretty fast, 5 secs faster than what I can do in the RM ZR1. I can't get it any lower than 3:50 with the RM ZR1, maybe I could probably do 1-1.5 secs faster if I drive perfect, but that's it. That's racing pretty good, not crashing against any of the walls, passing all the opponents quickly at the beginning and with the gear ratios set to its top end speed. Having to let off the gas right before the corners in the Indy takes precious seconds off the RM ZR1. I actually thought about buying the Ford GT LM Spec II Race Car to do the grind thing, but had the ZR1 from the beggining, will try the Ford next time.

You get the ford from winning one of the a-spec races i think. i cant remember (could have been the american championship), but i do remember getting it with a ticket. And you dont have to let off in the corners, it easier to drive. I can lap at 44secs.
 
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Extream Rome event. While Listening to stand up comics ^_^ and booz

It's a nice way to farm cash... Tried with the Murci + Rome for a while too.

Now using some more fair powered cars to the ones that race there... so I can have some challenge... Did it with a stock E55 AMG and it was pretty tight to keep the Lotus Evora away from my arse.

For B-Spec, the Audi LeMans Quattro. @ 906hp, Bob (D.Bond :P) Loves it and it just fly!
 
I used to use my 787B Stealth, until I won the MINOLTA, I've done so much grinding, that I'm now paying my little brother to do it for me!
 
The X1s the only car to grind in now for me ,A-spec and B-spec ,before the X1 it was the Formula Gran Turismo ,bob loved driving that :)
 
Corvette Z06 (C6) RM

American Indy race, does it fast enough.
 
Bugatti Veyron at Turbo Challenge - High Speed Ring. 35,000 in 5 minutes.

This is what I'm doing ATM, but I alternate between the Veyron and my 600hp Buick GNX. :sly:

Also 5 minutes is a little long, 3 minutes and some change is what the Veyron will do and the GNX wraps it up in under 4 minutes as well.

So this works out to 10k a minute x 20 minutes = 200k or x 2 hours of grinding is over 1 million credits, that is if you're not constantly buying used cars like I am.
 
Seeing as the Prize Money in GT5 is all over the place in terms of time=money (Grand Valley Endurance = 136,000cr for 2 hours+) I do the American Championship Indy race in Extreme. In under 4 minutes race time (5 including loading etc) you can earn 98,000cr. I use a Race Modified ZR1 fully tuned (over 900bhp). Thats 2,352,000 in the same time. Very boring but a better use of your time.
Basically the prize money is pretty bad in general, unhelped by the lack of events.
 
I don't grind with 1 car. Sometimes I pick a car and do some events with it, then pick another car and do some events etc.

Or, at the moment, I'm repeating all events with a "fair" car.

It's not the quickest way to earn money, but IMO much, much more fun than repeating the same oval race over and over and over...
 
I was thinking the same thing.
It once again proves that 'gamers' today really can't play any game without their carrot on a stick. (exp, grind, levels, stats)
What happened to enjoying the game, I haven't grinded anything, just raced and bought cars, now near level 24 with 3 million in cash and a whole bunch of shiney cars in my garage (many of which I haven't really been able to properly try yet) and I haven't even finished all of the events yet.

Come back when you are mid level 30's. Those folks are facing grinding races 100's of times if they want any hope of making Level 40 before GT6 is released ;)
 
Back