What changes have you noticed since the update (08/01/08)?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 422 comments
Brakefade
Just list whatever changes you've noticed.

1. It is no longer possible to powershift with the G25's H shifter + clutch. Powershifting as in never lifting off the accelerator, and just punching the clutch in and out and changing gears. This will make things more even for everyone. It is still possible to shift quicker, but players have to be more careful now as misshifts are a lot easier to attain.

2. Is no longer possible to quit online races. No more disconnects unless the host has real bad connection or physically turns the PS3 off. 👍

3. You can actually hear the turbos spool and the Blow Off Valves (BOV) now. The Amuse S2000 sound amazing. Exhaust noise seems to have increased too.

4. R3 tires really do feel like soft compound tires now.

5. I can't confirm this, but I think punters and the like get black flagged now. Their car gets a permanent ghost effect.

I'm loving this update so far. Now just get GTTV PPV going PD so I can download the Ferrari movie!

Last edited:

1. It is no longer possible to powershift with the G25's H shifter + clutch. Powershifting as in never lifting off the accelerator, and just punching the clutch in and out and changing gears. This will make things more even for everyone. It is still possible to shift quicker, but players have to be more careful now as misshifts are a lot easier to attain.

2. Is no longer possible to quit online races. No more disconnects unless the host has real bad connection or physically turns the PS3 off. 👍

3. You can actually hear the turbos spool and the Blow Off Valves (BOV) now. The Amuse S2000 sound amazing. Exhaust noise seems to have increased too.

4. R3 tires really do feel like soft compound tires now.

5. I can't confirm this, but I think punters and the like get black flagged now. Their car gets a permanent ghost effect.

I'm loving this update so far. Now just get GTTV PPV going PD so I can download the Ferrari movie!

wow!!!!this all sounds very good indeed!!:)
cant wait to try everything out....

spyrrari.

Confirmed the race exit. I see cars stalled out on the side of the road now instead of people leaving the race. I take it even if the host leaves the race still goes on? More reason to keep going and not give up!

Black Flag unconfirmed.

The updates 2 and 5 Threshold mentions just sound like the best thing since sliced bread 👍 I know he can't confirm number 5 but damn they sound like just what is needed in the event running up to private rooms! looks like we will see some manners from the random idiots at last :cheers:

Oh no! I wish this would be in place just in online and TT because I like to slap gears especially while I fool around.

Ford GT is now easier to handle. Even with a N3 tires, I can control better than I could ever drive ot with S2 tires. It's easier to get out of the sand pit without getting bogged down in it. Dust off the track no longer has the square pixel on them. Cockpit view shadows isn't as jagged as before.

Last edited:
Glad to see that they're always improving the sound ,I konw they already did it for the Europe GT5P's release ( in addition of Zo6's digital HUD et C4's Steering Wheel) !

if they get black flagged, this will be a good start for online playability...even in the expert events this is happening to me...ruins the race. however if the car gets a ghost effect for the entire race, i could see these type of players using it to their advantage

Last edited:
Any news on in game music? before anyone posts, i know lots of you don't like driving with music but, I do. Can someone check please.

Thanks

Wall tapping seems like a BIG No No! BARELY scratched it on the oval 600pp and took a 4 second. Looks good on that. I just drove through a guy when I was trying to pass on the grass. It was weird but I was close screen view so I didn't really see how close we were. No penalty and no tap. I don't know the ghosting is strange.

Wall tapping seems like a BIG No No! BARELY scratched it on the oval 600pp and took a 4 second. Looks good on that. I just drove through a guy when I was trying to pass on the grass. It was weird but I was close screen view so I didn't really see how close we were. No penalty and no tap. I don't know the ghosting is strange.

4 seconds isn't enough to stop the wall surfers at HSR, 10 seconds would probably do, and more of a loss of control of the car when making hard contact or sliding across the barrier for a long amount of time. penalties should be judged by the angle of attack and speed

for expert - PP600 Daytona oval
- PP750 Fuji
- F430/GTR/Z06 High Speed Ring

TT - 600 HSR
600 Eiger
700 HSR
700 Suzuka long

Events list.

1) Beginners Sports Car Class Suzuka Circuit /STD (12 players)
2)Beginners Super Car Class Daytona Speedway (12 players)
3) Beginners Super Car Class High Speed Ring (12 players)

4) Intermediate Level PP700 Suzuka (No tire restrictions-16 Players)
5) Intermediate Level PP800 High Speed Ring (No tire restrictions-12 Players)

5) Expert Level PP600 Daytona Speedway (No tire restrictions-16 players)
6) Expert Levelpp750 Fuji Speedway F (No tire restrictions-12 players)
7) Expert Level F430/GT-R/Z06 High Speed Ring (Tire Restrictions,Sport S3-16 Players)

*Time Trial Events*
-All Cars Welcome-

8) PP600 High Speed Ring
9) PP600 Eiger
10) PP700 High Speed Ring
11)PP700 Suzuak Circuit

No Problem. Expert 600 Daytona is fun. I ran it twice in the M3 both times it was me versus 1 other guy. This is gonna suck I thought but wow it was SO CLOSE both times we kept going back and forth drafting for the races. I think the tires are WAY more noticeable now. And wall tapping is a serious threat you really don't even want to nick it or you suffer a loss. 750 Fuji Pro is SICK! You start from a dead stop. The takeoff is like a gumball run everyone jockeying for position! And that first turn, my got! VERY good races. I think the penalty system IS more improved I retract any previous statements.

I don't understand the region question but I was running the Fuji 750 versus like 10 other Japanese Racers. If region or world or whatever means worldwide then I think it is. I don't know where to look but if you tell me I will check it out.

The anti-punter measures all sound very promising. I'm not sure if I'll ever get this update though, it's not working the way it should. I just hope the Z06 is more controllable now.

I'm a bit concerned about this, as I've said in the update thread if you are going to race there is going to be contact between cars. I agree you shouldn't ram someone at full speed going through a corner but rubbing doors and tapping bumpers shouldn't be an issue since just about all professional racing series do this.

Any more information on this? Is it just if you hit someone really hard or any contact at all?

Latest Posts

Back