What changes have you noticed since the update (08/01/08)?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 422 comments
The anti-punter measures all sound very promising. I'm not sure if I'll ever get this update though, it's not working the way it should. I just hope the Z06 is more controllable now.

?? Dude, I thought it was a weapon, handling was fantastic for what the car is, I even won races at Fuji in it.

I have seen some really weird stuff. Alot of cars going right through each other through turns. Seen alot of cars passing through each other without even ghosting. I got knocked around a few times from the sides with no penalties to other drivers so I know that hasn't changed. I rear ended someone who braked so I couldn't draft off them and caught a penalty. I HAVE also at the same time gone straight through someone who braked in the middle of a straightaway without even ghosting.

Just list whatever changes you've noticed.

1. It is no longer possible to powershift with the G25's H shifter + clutch. Powershifting as in never lifting off the accelerator, and just punching the clutch in and out and changing gears. This will make things more even for everyone. It is still possible to shift quicker, but players have to be more careful now as misshifts are a lot easier to attain.

2. Is no longer possible to quit online races. No more disconnects unless the host has real bad connection or physically turns the PS3 off. 👍

3. You can actually hear the turbos spool and the Blow Off Valves (BOV) now. The Amuse S2000 sound amazing. Exhaust noise seems to have increased too.

4. R3 tires really do feel like soft compound tires now.

5. I can't confirm this, but I think punters and the like get black flagged now. Their car gets a permanent ghost effect.

I'm loving this update so far. Now just get GTTV PPV going PD so I can download the Ferrari movie!

Now see why I created a topic indicating stuffs they'd fix that were not mentioned in their updates list?:)
Here's hoping the RE Amemiya RX-7 is hidden somewhere in there.....

?? Dude, I thought it was a weapon, handling was fantastic for what the car is, I even won races at Fuji in it.

Yeah I also managed a couple of wins in it against AWD decent drivers, on the straights it just killed but suffered a little in the turns but that doesn't hurt you as much on Fuji as it does on Suzuka.

800pp intermediate ...????

Which cars can actually get to 800pp? Only a few, but they've redone the PP system, so I don't know. Please keep posting new features as I'm at work and can't check them out on my PS3 :(.

I did notice that the news section says that pay-per-view content is not online due to "unavoidable" circumstances. Anyone else noticed this?

Is it just me or the engine note from the ZO6 sounds slightly different now?

One other thing... now the Ford GT is much easier to control. Right now, I'm not sure whether this updated Ford GT's handling is similar to it's real life counterpart?... Or the Ford GT before the update was the one which handles exactly like the real life one?

The cars of players who get disconnected in the matchup process get taken over by AI. At start they make their way to the side of the track to let the other players through. They then continue to drive around the track very slowly, and park their cars in the grass at the last turn. I saw this at the 750PP Fuji race.

The cars of players who get disconnected in the matchup process get taken over by AI. At start they make their way to the side of the track to let the other players through. They then continue to drive around the track very slowly, and park their cars in the grass at the last turn. I saw this at the 750PP Fuji race.

Sunday Drivers!

Is it just me or the engine note from the ZO6 sounds slightly different now?

One other thing... now the Ford GT is much easier to control. Right now, I'm not sure whether this updated Ford GT's handling is similar to it's real life counterpart?... Or the Ford GT before the update was the one which handles exactly like the real life one?

The engine sounds are indeed very different, the Z06 sound beefier and you can hear the gearbox noises now as well! It's also far more manageable!:D At first it feels like active steering is on (probably only noticeable to controller users), but it's much better and dare I say more realistic now.:D I also just went out and with a fairly average lap blitzed my old Suzuka time in the Corvette by 2sec!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

That.........is..........awesome!:D:D:D:D:D

I haven't really driven anything yet but I set the Z06 up to the same as before and it came out to 595pp. I did the same on the NSX and the GTLM and they were both way over 600pp and 750pp.

if they get back flagged, this will be a good start for online playability...even in the expert events this is happening to me...ruins the race. however if the car gets a ghost effect for the entire race, i could see these type of players using it to their advantage

for real, I'd love to be a ghost for the entire race...can ghosts still draft?

The Vette sounds very different, a lot more raw and it does tend to keep the rear tyres hooked up for longer at higher throttle inputs. Overall much easier to drive, I'm having a hard time at HSR with the idiots though.

To be truthful, i'm terribly disappointed with the new update. Maybe it's because there's no Suzuka? HSR and Daytona oval? Not really 'expert' circuits are they?

Update sounds awesome. Too bad I gotta update my PS3 before I can update GT5P. :P

I might have to purchase the Ford GT again...

i work nights and JUST got home. i usually hit the hay but i am definitely gonna check this out beforehand...if it will download...

PS. Collision physics; better?

I do not think cars become ghosts the entire race. I think disconnected players cars become ghosts that keep driving until the end of the race maybe?

I am really happy with the new engine sounds, especially the turbo bovs. Nothing like hearing the pssh pssh as the accelerator is released. :):)

I've just been racing HSR (in the Corvette :sly:), and it seems wall riding doesn't work for them any more!:dopey: You get a couple guys on the first lap who think they're smart and try to wall ride, but they stop almost immediately, I'm guessing because it's not working.:P Collisions are also more sub-dued. I got rammed, and while I did slide a bit, I didn't go rocketing off from such a light tap like I would have used to have done. This update is awesome!

The Vette sounds very different, a lot more raw and it does tend to keep the rear tyres hooked up for longer at higher throttle inputs. Overall much easier to drive, I'm having a hard time at HSR with the idiots though.

To be truthful, i'm terribly disappointed with the new update. Maybe it's because there's no Suzuka? HSR and Daytona oval? Not really 'expert' circuits are they?

Relax man, tracks will change. In the mean time, just keep going at the Weekly Arcade Time Attacks.;)

peeps please note the steering options are reset with this patch so steering type = ameteur and FF strength = 5.

Are the steering wheel options? I'm guessing yes, because FF must be force feedback.

I've just been racing HSR (in the Corvette :sly:), and it seems wall riding doesn't work for them any more!:dopey: You get a couple guys on the first lap who think they're smart and try to wall ride, but they stop almost immediately, I'm guessing because it's not working.:P Collisions are also more sub-dued. I got rammed, and while I did slide a bit, I didn't go rocketing off from such a light tap like I would have used to have done. This update is awesome!
Sounds promising! Can't wait to start tuning for the new tracks! 👍

Sounds promising! Can't wait to start tuning for the new tracks! 👍

Fixed it for you.:P You can't tune at HSR (standard cars only), and the only other event is Fuji, unless you count Daytona Oval, which I don't.

Back