What changes have you noticed since the update (08/01/08)?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 422 comments
I just tested the Suzuka 600PP/S1 settings for the 350z/tuned and the gt-r and they're both 592PP now instead of 600PP.
Clearly the tire PP values have changed.

I read the F430 turned in a AWD?
Also while racing at Fuji its a bumper car match...
Penatly system is like dead and not improved...

A new feature! Now no penalties for bump braking other people...
This is punter heaven sorry to say...

So cars like the Vette and Ford GT are easier now? I am still updating.. did you guys check yore menues? Turn all sim?

3. You can actually hear the turbos spool and the Blow Off Valves (BOV) now. The Amuse S2000 sound amazing. Exhaust noise seems to have increased too.

i dont know if its just me.. but the cars feel so much more different when cornering and drifting? anyone else notice this? both with controller and g25?

Also, how come i cant hear the turbo's spool and the BOV?

U can hear the turbo spooling on the BLITZ skyline always have, but other cars nothing?

Last edited:
I havnt noticed new sounds yet - but tbh im not an expert on that part either. I did notice a new intro on starting the game, and a new scene for My Page. (some sort of dimly lit industrial shed/hall with smokey lightning)

sounds are different, first car I took for a drive in time trial was GT-R 07 and the sound of turbo is really great!!
rankings table is also remodeled for easier use

Is it just me or does the tires not scream all the time as they did before?

yup,the tyres are more quiet since the update.

Last edited:

Before the tires made skidding sound in almost every corner. Now it seems you really have to loose control over the whole car to get skidding sound.

sounds are different, first car I took for a drive in time trial was GT-R 07 and the sound of turbo is really great!!
rankings table is also remodeled for easier use

How come i cant hear the turbo or bov like u and the other guy?
I've only ever noticed it with the BLITZ SKYLINE

Before the tires made skidding sound in almost every corner. Now it seems you really have to loose control over the whole car to get skidding sound.

I hope you're right! I always hated how any turn of the wheel caused that lame Gran Turismo 1 skidding sound.

I read the F430 turned in a AWD?
Also while racing at Fuji its a bumper car match...
Penatly system is like dead and not improved...

A new feature! Now no penalties for bump braking other people...
This is punter heaven sorry to say...

Who ever told you that crap is full of it, except that Fuji is bumper heaven. People have been getting penalties for ramming me at HSR, and even if you so much as upset the dust on the outer barricades at HSR, you get a penalty. Trust me when I say that it has effectively stopped wall riders, and it's the event to be in.

So cars like the Vette and Ford GT are easier now? I am still updating.. did you guys check yore menues? Turn all sim?

Much easier, the Z06 can actually run with the F430 and GT-R now, but given equal drivers I think the GT-R and F430 might still come out on top, but it'd be much much closer now.:)

Can anyone confirm if the sounds are just louder or are they different?

They are very different now, but not louder. As I stated, you can hear gearbox noises now in the Z06, and it is a bit noisier at partial throttle like it should be. As others have stated (although I'm yet to drive a turbo) you can apparently hear boost spooling up and the blow off valve much more clearly.

Another thing I noticed, the Tuned cars are around 800 PP or more with standard power and weight and max downforce, you really have to downgarde them to compete. The Art Morrison Corvette also sounds worse than before (the only one I've found to do so), but is actually competitive at Fuji due to astronomical acceleration.(It's a true muscle car alright.:sly:)

The beginning movie is now actually gone, they just show a Jaguar XK and Mercedes SL55 AMG (or possibly what ever are the last 2 cars you used), sitting in a dark room, and then the menu pops up, no real movie at all.

Hope all the info I'm giving is helping guys!👍

Last edited:
i dont know if its just me.. but the cars feel so much more different when cornering and drifting? anyone else notice this? both with controller and g25?

Also, how come i cant hear the turbo's spool and the BOV?

U can hear the turbo spooling on the BLITZ skyline always have, but other cars nothing?
Yeah they feel REAL now! :) As for the sounds I think that's just you :sly:
Can anyone confirm if the sounds are just louder or are they different?

Much better now, i think they have the old engine sounds plus new effects for turbos and exhaust notes 👍
Yay tires sound better too!

Last edited:
Re: tire sounds being less pronounced.

I've noticed that as well, and I think part of it has to do with the grip upgrades. I'm beating previous personal best car/track TT times by around a second quite easily on S2 tires. S2 is the new R1?

Anyone else having problems with the G25 ingame?

I knew that the settings had been reset, but even after restoring the settings to FF:10 and SIMULATION, I still don't get any feedback through the corners. It's like a 'loose' feeling. Before the update I could feel the back end of the car stepping out through FF, but now it feels very strange. There's no resistance at all, the only FF coming through when I clip a curb/crash/on the grass etc.

I'm getting quite worried. Is my G25 faulty?

:nervous:

P.S. Why am I a new member? i've been a member since 2 years now.

Only driven F430 so far and it definitely sounds different, slightly more raspy is the way I describe it, more realistic maybe.

P.S. Why am I a new member? i've been a member since 2 years now.

Member status goes by post count, not duration of membership. That does not mean you should go and post a hundred pointless piles of crap though, that's called post whoring and is frowned upon.

PS- With new TT Rankings I went and set the LR at HSR in the 147.:D

Guys stick to the thread :)
Only thing I see that changed is that I allready restarted my Download 20 times!!! It's first time that ever happen to me! The most ERRORS before I had was 3 in a row!!! UGH!!

I honestly cant hear one single BOV at all!
Do u have the volume right up or something? cause honestly the only car i hear SPOOLING is the blitz which always has been like that...

Updated first try. Just tested the Ferrari 512 on the time trial, its sounds a lot more grizzlier and more direct sounds. Had to careful on upshifting in manual on the G25 like Threshold said. On the leader the boards, the names and car make no longer switch every two seconds and just your names appears stationary.

Back