What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 772 comments
Let's see, started it up yesterday for the first time after the update, after a considerable amount of troubleshooting realized my right steering had somehow become unmapped! Got that fixed up, then played the M Series challenge with the 2020 M2, good grief that thing was a handful stock. It actually handled quite well considering but felt like it was running on the cheapest offshore brand X all seasons money could buy, I mean, most cars feel slightly under-tired but that was silly. Street tires and race brakes to move the balance forward fixed it right up though. Then decided in the Open series I'd try to win the '74 Porsche using the '73 Porsche, quite a lovely thing to drive, used wider fronts and some race ARB's and it was about perfect. Really like the vintage tires in this game.

Did our club "Groan before the 24" where we raced the MX-5 Cup cars at Daytona and then did some testing and tuning and checking of BOP numbers for our Timex (no Rolexes in our crew) 24-something or other at Daytona Multiclass Disaster" we're doing in March.

Fought some more with the paint shop trying to do a replica of Spike, AO Racing's Oreca Dragon (on the Jackie Chan Oreca) that my inner five year old absolutely has to have. If someone else manages it first I promise you at least one download and like, and my gratitude

Have taken a couple of work breaks to put in a lap or 2 around the Ring, it's the perfect track to just do a single lap and zone out from the real world for a few mins.

Also re-attached my shifter back on my rig as it's been in storage for a few months, and so happy they finally fixed the clutch bug, now I can enable manual+clutch and have a good time, took the AE86 around the ring in D class and it was great fun, put a huge smile on my face.

Bought me a 1965 Mini Cooper and ran the stock car first one lap at the nordshleife. Then some more laps until I ended up with a kind of realistic E300-class race-setup including a modified gearbox with an overdrive. Uploaded setup as E300 "5sp no aero"

5-speed:

I did some track testing (Nordschleife) on FM and then jumped into Project Cars 2 and 3 to compare. If you don't think FM has next-gen graphics, oh boy, the Project Cars games are not aging well at all, specially 3, which is a visual downgrade from 2 (!). But I still like all the camera options/angles of PC2 over FM, and the sense of speed is greater (I used the McLaren P1 for all games), yet the car feels way more connected to the road and responsive in FM.

Last edited:
Raced a 1967 Corvette around the ring and uploaded a decent C-class stock look setup for it, named "5sp no aero" :rolleyes:

Edit: gave it a rather basic upgrade, still 5so and no "areo" added. Two laps at the Ring; first 8.20 and then 8.07.553
Not bad for an oldtimer. Uploaded tune.

Last edited:
I have not posted in a few days but Forza has been my focus. Finished Track Series, MX-5 Challenge, and working on Premium Performance now. Went online and ran a Forza Touring Car Series race. Started 14th, finished 15th but good race (although very quiet a the back). So I have a few questions for the group:

1. Is it possible to run a race (offline and\or online) without it turning into a wreckfest? I am trying to race without banging around others and get banged around - have not seen anything of the sort yet.

2. You build up the car levels, opening up some upgrades but for what reason? Each series seems to have a different car so I have several cars sitting at level 25 but for what purpose?

3. Is it common to race online against people who are level 150+ drivers? Do they sort the races online or is it just whomever signs up for that time slot?

Loving this game so far - probably would be better if I had a rig for the Xbox. Driving via controller is not as precise. Side note: I had to raise the AI level to 6 to make the races competitive. I got really bored winning at the lower levels so now it is set where I believe it should be for my skill level.

Enjoy your racing!

I have not posted in a few days but Forza has been my focus. Finished Track Series, MX-5 Challenge, and working on Premium Performance now. Went online and ran a Forza Touring Car Series race. Started 14th, finished 15th but good race (although very quiet a the back). So I have a few questions for the group:

1. Is it possible to run a race (offline and\or online) without it turning into a wreckfest? I am trying to race without banging around others and get banged around - have not seen anything of the sort yet.

2. You build up the car levels, opening up some upgrades but for what reason? Each series seems to have a different car so I have several cars sitting at level 25 but for what purpose?

3. Is it common to race online against people who are level 150+ drivers? Do they sort the races online or is it just whomever signs up for that time slot?

Loving this game so far - probably would be better if I had a rig for the Xbox. Driving via controller is not as precise. Side note: I had to raise the AI level to 6 to make the races competitive. I got really bored winning at the lower levels so now it is set where I believe it should be for my skill level.

Enjoy your racing!
1. No, generally, in my experience.
2. None. There's no objectives of any kind n the game design apart from unlocking 2 cars a month. And logging in regularly to earn Microsoft Game Pass some money. You have to make your own objectives, as with many modern games.
3. Matchmaking is poor unless you get a high enough skill level. As I don't have "the skillz", I'm stuck with neanderthals forever, unfortunately. But they are trying to improve that long term.

That`s turn10`s philosophy in a nutshell; turn all races into a wreckfest. They call it "realism", you know like in GTA

And on top of this; there is no tyre-limitations anywhere, no rules, just a total upgrade anarchy

It was experiment time with the RS7 to buy. Initially discounted to 77,000 and no discount on Audis. I had a Lv 36 RS4 so I did 5 laps of the Full Nurburgring to get it to Lv 50 (half way through Lap 5). Now I can get 5% off Audis. The RS7 was now 73,150 so I bought it for the new weeks racing.

All done for another week!

Enjoy your racing!

1, it is, but not in public lobbies - you're best off finding a racing group like Delta Online Racing (I can't recommend TORA for you as they are Alien-level and take things very seriously). However, due to the online issues with private lobbies, they're not hosting anything at the moment.

2, I agree that more championships would equal using the cars more and get you up to level 50, but remember that driving the cars more in free play or online will help you reach 50. The idea behind it is to get you driving a wider range of cars, rather than a base 10.

3, ignore the driver level, it's just an indication as to how much someone has played the game and is no indicator of skill level - I've played against sub-100 who race fairly and cleanly, and 2-starred (well over 1000 levels) players who smash you out of the way.

Finished remaining races in A Class of featured Open Wheel tour and race with Porsche 911 at Nurb 24h.
Took some screens of 911.

a987e2ef-413f-4456-a70e-95fd2c28c43e_copy_1920x1080.png

Last edited:
Ran a bunch Free Races with the 2015 Cadillac #3 Cadillac Racing ATS-V.R. I've been waiting for this one, which is one of my all time favorite GT3 (from the Pirelli World Challenge), along with the Bentley Continental GT3.

This is when I miss having Long Beach in the game. I've attended the event many times and the Cadillac's roar reverberating and echoing through the tall buildings that surround the track is something I'll never forget. It was something to behold.

Last edited:
Finished the Italian Contenders tour with 6 days left on it and I did the open class tours one of the races on Silverstone had crazy dense fog, let's just say I was forced to turn on Rewind! I would say ''Reeeewiiiiiind!'' like in a Sean Paul music! :lol:

Also made it from 256 to level 264 and I saw an impressively high level drivatar in the F430 showcase who was level 2,112!! (*2 prestige tiers with level 112!) Needless to say that evoked my respect!:eek:

Ran a bunch Free Races with the 2015 Cadillac #3 Cadillac Racing ATS-V.R. I've been waiting for this one, which is one of my all time favorite GT3 (from the Pirelli World Challenge), along with the Bentley Continental GT3.

This is when I miss having Long Beach in the game. I've attended the event many times and the Cadillac's roar reverberating and echoing through the tall buildings that surround the track is something I'll never forget. It was something to behold.

It's a nice car for sure, not sure how competitive it is, but I slapped some Coke logo's on mine, painted it red and I've been having a lot of fun with it, add it to the list of cars with a great cockpit view that doesn't obscure the view too much and also has the dashboard mirror visible in zoomed in cockpit view.

Took the Audi wagon out for about 2 hours to learn how to properly drive it for an upcoming series I want to start. Finished off the day adding a plain Audi Sport livery to it so it won't look so plain in the race.

So is it safe to assume that tuning in FM is the same as GT7 or ACC?

Took the Audi wagon out for about 2 hours to learn how to properly drive it for an upcoming series I want to start. Finished off the day adding a plain Audi Sport livery to it so it won't look so plain in the race.

So is it safe to assume that tuning in FM is the same as GT7 or ACC?
Definetly not. GT7 has it`s own "physics", it`s not like anything else at all, specially not real life. ACC is wery overrated, should not be used as a reference*. FM does many things right, physics are good for beeing a game.

* try to open some car-physics files and have a look. It`s about the same mess as it was in GTR or GTL

I did the one lap race of the Nordschleife of the Open Tour (last of C series) with my favorite BMW of all time, the M1. I'm getting 75 fps (benchmark) on my current settings, which translate to 80-100 fps in-game, then I just use fluid motion frames to match my monitor's frequency (144 Hz).

I did the one lap race of the Nordschleife of the Open Tour (last of C series) with my favorite BMW of all time, the M1. I'm getting 75 fps (benchmark) on my current settings, which translate to 80-100 fps in-game, then I just use fluid motion frames to match my monitor's frequency (144 Hz).

I'm doing the same, reduced dynamic quality to High so I get closer to 80fps then turn on fmf and I often max out at 165fps in multiplayer, looks great and nice and smooth. Also I feel the higher base fps you have the less you notice any frame gen artifacts.

For me today I've done some more messing around trying to replicate a Gen3 V8 Supercar using the Mustang GT350, came up with a build that has exactly 441kw coming from a 5.4 V8, which matches the Coyote unit that I'm trying to replicate. But had to use the big old wing to get a few PI closer to S class limit, will add a couple of power upgrades just to top S class for MP, but happy I didn't have to use the widebody kit which I reckon looks ugly AF.

Finished off the B class series in the BMW M2 and ran the A class series in the Ferrari F40.
The #1 Porsche seems underpowered for the showcase event? I finished a lowly 7th so will need to rerun it, after I've levelled up a bit.

I did a couple of corners of Maple Valley with the SLS. Decided it was a bit tail happy. Went to the full Nürburgring for a lap on easiest with one Drivatar (for bonuses) and drove round a little cautiously, gaining four levels. I fitted the widest rear wheels which made the featured races a little easier. I have so far done the first two races.

I read the community notice about the AMG GT3 that appeared on my inbox today. I think it is a missed opportunity when they only post "recommended" tuning adjustments, instead of making it a gaming/learning experience. Anyways, I ran practice laps aboard the AMG GT3 at stock settings on the full Nürburgring... and it was the most stable/clean run I've had there, maybe their tuning advice is for wheel users?

Finished MX-5 career Tour.

433c4ba8-a8dc-4e3c-b082-b3c53739b705_copy_1920x1080.png

I wasn't enjoying in this one, just looking to complete it.
Next Tour(s) will be better, I can see from titles, only track choice can ruined it.

df7a73fe-2988-4d5d-9980-5cca0194eeaf_copy_1920x1080.png

Farewell MX-5

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back