What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,858 comments
I actually reinstalled GT Sport on the PS4 pro.

I then turned both the PS5 and PS4 on plugged into different inputs and did a direct comparison of the Mercedes AMG GT3 around the Nordschleife.

On the TGT II with a buttkicker, I feel that GT Sport has much better FFB on the wheel and better effects with the buttkicker. I'd even argue that the AMG GT3 even sounds better in Sport. The exhaust backfires under deceleration are just amazing.

Then I started working my way through the GR.2 events in the Sport singleplayer. Damn good fun. I think ill do the 60 minutes Nurburgring with a few beers after work today.

Then I started working my way through the GR.2 events in the Sport singleplayer. Damn good fun. I think ill do the 60 minutes Nurburgring with a few beers after work today.
In GTS ? There are no events for Gr.2 cars in GT7 IIRC

Got gold on Nurburgring GP, Deep Forest and Fuji circuit experiences then drove 175 miles trying to gold Tokyo East Clockwise Sector 2. Got my best time down by 20/1000th and still didn't get gold. 175 miles and well over an hour of trying this one sector. Still off by .019 seconds to get gold. This one is stupid hard.

Got 11M credits in the bank ready for the update in a couple days.

Edit: 5 star ticket gave me the Mazda RX Vision Concept. I already own the stealth model.

Last edited:
Done a couple laps on the TT which ends tomorrow, no better lap time, close but no. Everytime I manage to do the first turns correctly, I lose all before the corkscrew, where I tend to lose another half sec. And the last corner I am able to lose half a second there too.

Got a 4*, received 10k, usual 💩

Got my usual Bronze on the Time Trial. Laguna Seca is one of my favorite tracks so it wasn’t bad, especially after I switched to Praiano’s tune from the rental car which saved some 4+ seconds. Did Spa with the CLK-LM, a round of Sardegna with the 98 GT500 Supra and then a round in the 917K. I love driving the 917K in VR at Sardegna. It’s a bit more challenging than my other grind cars but still an easy win since I play on Easy mode. I think I have the credits for the 97 McLaren F1 GTR when it pops up, I’m at 11 million credits but I think I read something about price adjustments for Hagerty’s so hopefully it doesn’t go up too much. I pray this update fixes the cars missing from rotation. I’m starting to wonder if PD is making certain update cars exclusive to when the update drops but I would expect that they would tell us, but it is PD we’re talking about…

Got home from work at 11pm and an hour later was still up so I fired up the PS5.

- Did about 10 laps on the TT - gained a whole .004 on my best. Piss.

- Noticed I had a spare 13B engine and a spare Suzuki Cappucino. Put them together and made it a widebody, fully race prepped rollerskate.

- After setting the car up to get the suspension under control, I took it to Tokyo and ran the 600 for only the second time. Unlike last time where I barely won by less than a second, this time I won by nearly a minute and actually lapped a guy :lol: I'm a completely ****house driver and wet Tokyo is not my favorite thing, so that Suzuki is a monster. 209mph into the first braking zone.

- Won a Cayman from a 4 star, all cars ticket. The Cayman was the slowest car on the ticket, ofc.

I had to stay up washing school clothes for my daughter so I put GT 7 in took the Aston Martin DB11 to Tokyo and clothes finished just I was finishing the race. Got 10k from the wheel then went to Hagertys and window shop and bought 2 Ferrari 365s. Then I got the clothes and went to bed

2 hours at Spa, getting 26 laps on the second run, won a car that I sold for 600k, and turned off the PSVR2 vibration due to safety concerns with my health (head injury).
Last week: made a custom livery for the Raptor and ran a lap of Grand Valley with it as a memorial to Tom Love.

Usual grind with the 917 today. I don't get how people think this car is a hand full.
Drives as smooth as a baby's bottom. Done about 5 races with it on Sarthe, all torrential rain from lap 2 again. I'm starting to hate the rain. I know the weather is kinda RNG there, but the RNG in this game sucks like 10 hookers doing a 6 foot pole.
Got a 3 star stinker for the daily mileage, with a same stinker outcome. Just keep it, PD. I don't need the insult.

Managed to break into the global top 10 for the Mazda Showdown (One Lap Magic) mission in Rolling Stone (currently #8 on the ranking board) :) I think there’s still room for improvements, but it might be easier to just use some exploits (e.g., shoving AI cars out of the way, wall riding, etc.) to see if I could still move up a few spots on the list…. :mischievous::rolleyes:

Anyhow, I rather enjoy this mission despite the 62-second countdown, because that 787B is such a beast and a joy to drive in this mission. I wish I had this car when I was going through Menu Book 43….

One thing I don’t quite understand though are the two different timers used in the ranking board and in the replay. I know what those two timers are, but I think using both makes it kinda confusing, especially with the 62-second countdown timer also mixed in.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230328215958-556.png

On the Plus account, I honored the soon-to-be-arriving DTM by using the Alfa Romeo 155 at Sarthe. It really is a car without a home, at least in non-BOP form. It's far too quick for the other Gr.4 cars, but it's not powerful enough to be a Gr.3.

The 4-star marathon roulette gave a Bore Up S for the AMG A 45. At least it's not a duplicate part.

On the GTP account, I used a slightly-tuned Porsche Carrera GT to dominate Sarthe. The all-cash 5-star Wheel of Despair gave the middle-showing/lowest-possible 100,000 Cr.

Took the AMG Black for a final ride around Tokyo as it is likely to be nerfed in the update tomorrow. Such a great performing car. Hopefully it still drives well after the update, but I expect the pp to go up by 100+ points.

Sold my 917K and grinded to $20,000,000 now waiting for the update in a few hours. :cool:

I plan on purchasing 2 DTM Audi and 3 959s, one stock, one maxed out if they include a widebody option which hopefully they do to compete with my fictional F40 GT1 '96 and Diablo GT1 '96 and another in near stock config.
Also grinded to $20,000,000 as I plan on repurchasing a 3rd F1 GTR '97 again as I sold it and my 3rd '95 GTR to purchase the 917K which was a purchase I eventually regretted.

I will hold off on the Alphard unless it has a engine swap but may purchase it and the Mazda anyways for traffic cars in custom street races.

Imagine my surprise when GT7 didn't update yesterday, I was so sure of it when I fired up the console I even restarted it to try and make it trigger. I must have been fooled by the articles about the update or something. Well, tnoight that Audi is mine!

Anyway, I took my Z4-engined M3 '03 to Nordschliefe Touristfarten, first time on that variation and I didn't realize you couldn't waltz through the barricades at the end but have to go through the ticket booth so I landed on an highly unimpressive 8:47, although untuned except for the engine. Gonna try it again tonight. Rest of the races until DW was random tracks to earn some cash, shame you don't get something for time trials in such a cash consuming game.

Downloaded the update and tried the Alphard TT. Managed to get close enough for gold, doubt that will last, but I have my moment in the sun. Wheel of despair coughed up a miserly $10k, so no changes there.

Just need to grind a bit more to get all the new cars before they disappear forever.

Overall a good update

Bought again cars I've already had (in my collection), because if it is not in your garage, it does not count for extra café menus, genious ! (so better never sell a car, even the lamest one, you may have to buy it again one day).

• Prius
  • Ford GT '06
  • Ford GT '17

Bought 2 cars to complete the extra menu 18, with those wonderful and really usefull in game Toyotas :
  • Alphard
  • Crown Athlete

Completed said menu, got a 4* ticket that gave me 30k 💩

Took the Toyota fridge on the time trial of Autopolis short track (not in sport mode), as I was suspecting, it is boring to death, I'll boycott the new Sport Mode TT, not worth it, I'll wait for a better combo. Feels like PD is just punishing us.

Took my Mustang from previous Sport Mode TT to the same TT to see what has changed in the physics with last update. Seems like I struggle to do the same lap times.

I can't say I am very happy with this update. My grind go-to combo is dead, Le Mans is harder (due to IM lasting much less on the dry). The new TT in Sport Mode is poo. Credits are harder to get and selling cars is not an option anymore as you never know if you'll need the car for a future event or café menu.

Done some races at Tokyo, some I've never done (like the new one with Toyota fridges on 2nd and 3rd position, very realistic), some I've already tried but did not win.

Got a 3* ticket, the wheel was 100% including a 500k pile of ingot, but OF COURSE, I got the 5k...

Last edited:
Bought a Mazda 3, drove it. Bought an Alphard and put a VW California paint job on it before driving it and then bought another Mazda 3 and put some breathing/exhaust mods on it and called it a Mazdaspeed A-Spec.

Tested my grind cars and most of them didn't need tweaking, the others just a little bit.
Sardegna is easier to do now. RM's seem to have a ton more life in them and fuel consumption improved as well. The Audi is good, but not really better than the SC430 GT500.
Sarthe got a bit weird first race. Got big penalties for track limits, but the next race they normalized again.
Ran Sarthe with the 330 P4, RM's on FM6, dry race. One pitstop for fuel only and my RM's were still really good. Hardly any wear on the fronts, 25% wear on the rears. Pretty epic. Couldn't get that even on RH's before 1.31.
The RA272 feels more on rails than before. Never had an issue with it, but now it feels even easier to blast around Sarthe with.
Tried the 959 on Sarthe, but that's a one-timer and never again. My usuals are much better.

Bought the new cars, except for the Mazda before testing my grind cars. Earned back the credits while testrun my cars and then some.

Got a 4 star ticket. 10K credits. 💩

Last edited:
Bought the Toyota Alphard, Mazda 3 and Audi RS5 DTM. I took the Alphard around the Nurburgring, the Mazda 3 around Grand Valley North and the RS5 around Fuji. I then bought the 959 and took it around the Nurburgring Sprint course. After that I drove the Ferrari 458 GT3, Nissan GT-R GT3 '18, Mercedes AMG GT GT3 and Ford GT GTE around Catalunya.

Bought 2 959s, a 904, 2 Alphards, a Crown, a Mazda 3, and a ‘17 Ford GT.

Pimped one of the Alphards out a bit:
and then did about 30 laps on the current TT. I’m sure my gold time is very temporary.

Ran a couple of the new races. Japan 600 4wd and Porsche Cup.

Ran the 904 around HSR. Surprisingly fast little bugger stock.

Ran the 959 at a Goodwood race. Then swapped the silver paint for red:
You can almost smell that late Showa bubble economy.

Cashed in 2 4* tickets- both yielded the lowest cash prize 💩

Last edited:
Took my CLK-LM on RH tires and a stock setup to the new Nurburg race, was a breeze ofc since I didn't have to change anything except the tires thanks to the new PP being far lower than usual.

Purchased 3 959s, 3 DTM Audi and did a few custom races with a full Gr.2 custom grid, the Audi performs pretty well but the sound needs to be updated as it's correct in replays and sounds like a V10 R8 when driving.

Also won 200k, a Huyara engine, GT500 R35 engine, Aventador SV Engine and a R92CP engine from tickets today aswell. :cool:

After tracking all the coming price changes in Hagerty's (all five of them, with 13 race cars that cannot be estimated), I bought all five of the new cars on the Plus account to pretty much empty my bank account. As I don't have the oldest Ford GT, I only got the 4-star Wheel of Despair from the Toyota Family Car Extra Menu, which gave me a 2015 Civic. If I wanted to dump it, it wouldn't even get me 17,000 Cr.

I then started up on the new races:
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge at Nurburgring - Stock 2002 Nissan R34 GT-R in 5:23 for a 0.6-second clean win
  • WTC 800 at Nurburgring - Stock 2008 Nissan GT-R GT500 in 24:51 (no stops, still 6% fuel and plenty of tire left) for a 23-second unclean win (had an off on lap 2)
  • Porsche Cup at Kyoto - Old Praiano-tuned 2009 Porsche 911 GT3 (997) in 9:09 for a 12-second unclean win (don't know where I lost the CRB)
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge at Tokyo - Stock 2002 Nissan R34 GT-R in 4:57 for a 2.3-second clean win
The 4-star workout Wheel of Despair spewed a full-custom computer for the 2016 BAC Mono.

On the GTP account, I bought the two Porsches, the Alphard (to complete the Toyota Family Car Extra Menu) and the 2017 Ford GT (to complete the Ford GT Extra Menu). The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair from the Toyota extra menu barfed up the low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr., while the 6-star ticket gave a Jaguar VGT SV. On the bright side, it is the highest-PP'd car on this account, and I won't have to burn 1,000,000 Cr. to get it later.

As for the races:
  • WTC 800 at Nurburgring - Stock 2008 Honda NSX GT500 in 24:47 for a 42-second unclean win. The NSX really doesn't have either the fuel economy or the tire to do a no-stop race, but I made it work. I was surprised by rain on my first attempt.
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge at Nurburgring - Mitsubishi Evo IV tuned for the 550 Clubman Cup events in 5:17 for a 1.9-second clean win.
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge at atokyo - Said Evo in 4:53 for a 6.4-second clean win. It really could have used higher gearing.
  • Porsche Cup at Kyoto - A cheaty win with the Clubsport as it was very late.
The no-cash 4-star workout Wheel of Despair puked out a camshaft (not even a S one) for the Wicked Fabrication GT.

Bought the new cars except for the Mazda. Also bought the Toyota crown to complete the Toyota Family hauler menu. Got the 6* and 4* tickets then checked out how terribly PD messed with the PP system for the Tokyo race. Yeah, lots of my old cars no longer work. The few I have left still needed tweaks that make them even less competitive. Anyway, ran Tokyo with the Ford GT '06 for a win and a CRB. New physics are weird and will take some time for me to get used to. Got a 4* ticket for my time. Both 4* tickets gave out the lowest paying prize 10k and 30k. The 6 star gave out 500k.

Strapped for time I only did a few of the new races to get DW done which finally gave me the Citroën invite so one less thing to hope for from the wheels. With my luck I'll get a couple more in the near future... Only the Aston invite left before all invites are done. Wanna try the new Audi tonight, perhaps people have had time to make a few nice livieries by then. :)

Back