What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,841 comments
Usual grind with the 917 today. I don't get how people think this car is a hand full.
Drives as smooth as a baby's bottom. Done about 5 races with it on Sarthe, all torrential rain from lap 2 again. I'm starting to hate the rain. I know the weather is kinda RNG there, but the RNG in this game sucks like 10 hookers doing a 6 foot pole.
Got a 3 star stinker for the daily mileage, with a same stinker outcome. Just keep it, PD. I don't need the insult.
It has over 600bhp and weighs only 820kg and has no driver aids of any kind. I would be terrified to step on the throttle in that thing.

I bought 2 of each of the legendary update cars and put liveries on the duplicates. Amazing how quickly the library of liveries gets populated. If only we could share custom races without having to buy multiples of every car… Anyway, I took the 917K to Sardegna which is always a blast in VR. I’m able to drive without any assists since I got VR but counter-steering is definitely a bit more difficult as it seemed too easy before. Then I took the Sauber C9 to Spa, which I noticed has much lower PP than before. After that was time for LM in the 911 GT1 which also has lower PP and is much faster now with less power restrictions because it was pretty slow compared to similar cars and more challenging than it needed to be. Then I took the swapped Cappuccino to Tokyo and wow did those IM tires wear out fast! The rear tires were completely red after 2 laps and I completely spun out once and had to seriously feather the throttle which resulted in me being passed and hitting a Supra so I lost my CRB. Thankfully they didn’t fix the PP glitch for that car so after I switched to RH tires after lap 5 I managed to get the lead and even lap a few cars. So the Cappuccino is still unfairly good at that race, and the CRB conditions seem to be unchanged for the big 4.

I bought a Prius, Crown Athlete, Ford GT 17, 2 959s, 2 904s, the Alphard, Mazda3 and the CLK. I tuned one 904 took it to Laguna Seca then the stock version there as well for comparison purposes. I also rn the tuned version at High Speed Ring. I took a stock 959 to Laguna Seca & High Speed Ring. I got 500k from both the extra menu tickets and I got the Wicked Fabrications car from a 3* ticket for the daily marathon

Spent 4hrs going through every ######g car setup adjusting the pp yet again it`s totally futile as no doubt they will do it again in next fascicle update:banghead:

I got my hands on a 904 and man is it good! I wish you could acually use it in some races though, considering PD classified it as a race car.👎 I'll get the 959 later. I also got a 4* ticket, which yielded titanium connecting rods and pistons for the Alphard.

I've bought 2 of the 959s so I can leave one stock. Maxed out the other and then drove them back to back at Brands. Anybody else finding that, even with the drive split 50:50, it's a little tail-happy? I've even shoved some ballast in the nose to try and even it up (which worked an absolute treat with the '16 911 GT3 RS) and it can be quite squirrely on heavy braking too.

Took a fully upgraded Alphard out to WTC700 Sarthe. If fuel consumption wasn't so horrendous, it would be really fun to fight for a win with. Handling is pretty solid for a lounge van and for a race car too, btw. Sadly, even on FM6 you can't get more than 1,9 laps on 1 tank, meaning it would probably take 6 stops for fuel alone. And it's not fast enough to pick up a lead big enough to get that strategy done. Squeezed a 4:13 out of it on lap 1, but had to limp back to the pit on lap 2. No fuel 😂

Completed one of the two new Extra Menus. Got a 4 star ticket for spending cash on Toyota's I'd never buy otherwise, worth a measily 30K. Such incentive to complete these menus!
Never again, unless it's an engine ticket.

Edit: lol for the engine ticket today 😂

Last edited:
Human Comedy: Lake Maggiore, with the new update the pit strategies are all over the place for the AI, but the cars seem to be much closer in terms of fuel consumption.
The Supra is running away with no chance to follow.

Penalty avoided:
1680287104347.png

1680287122958.png

But car destroyed
1680287149305.png

Created new settings sheets for most of my favorite cars since PP calculations changed yesterday. Ran WTC800 Nürburgring again to get the mileage ticket. Showed 10k as prize so saved for later.

I've bought 2 of the 959s so I can leave one stock. Maxed out the other and then drove them back to back at Brands. Anybody else finding that, even with the drive split 50:50, it's a little tail-happy? I've even shoved some ballast in the nose to try and even it up (which worked an absolute treat with the '16 911 GT3 RS) and it can be quite squirrely on heavy braking too.
OK, just seen a YouTube vid about the latest physics tweaks, so it's also possible that those tweaks might be a factor. I haven't actually driven one of my existing cars since the update. That's a job for tomorrow.

I finished cleaning up the Plus garage, so that the PP listed for each car matches the PP that it has once I get in it. I began the process on the GTP account, getting through the cars I customized and the cars with at least 700 PP (I previously did the stock versions of cars available only in the UCD or Hagerty's). In the process of doing that, I found I had two Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 cars, so I sold the lower-mileage one for the "princely" sum of 173,070 Cr. The reason I sold the lower-mileage car was I have rain tires on the higher-mileage car, and I might take it to Spa again, or another wet track, one day.

After that, for future engine purposes, I bought a pair of GReddy Fugu Z's and 4 1973 Nissan GT-R's (widening 2 of them). To begin to recoup the mass of money spent, I sent the Audi R8 LMS Evo to Sardegna. It was annoying that Fraga can now go 5 laps on RS tires. On normal difficulty, that cuts the margin of error by about 25 seconds, which means it takes a 26:45-26:50 race to win. Fortunately, I got the R8 Evo to do it in 26:36. It's more stable than before, but also a bit slower - my fast lap was only 1:41.1 this time, while Tuesday's fast lap was 1:40.8.

The 4-star marathon roulette was actually kind - it gave me the middle-showing/2nd-highest-possible 500,000 Cr. Of course, the low-showing option was an impossible-for-a-4-star 5,000 Cr., so it was the lowest possible showing.

On the Plus account, I figured I'd see if a stock Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept on a 1-stop strategy (FM6 the first stint, FM5 the second) would keep up with Fraga. Because Fraga was slower in this race, a time of 27:03 was good enough for a 6.2-second win.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair here wasn't nearly as generous as on the Plus account. In fact, it gave the 2nd-worst possible prize - a Pagani invite. The only way it could have been worse was if it would have been a Citroen invite as I already have an active one.

Bought the Alfa 8C and the Mercedes W194. Hurts the credits account a lot. Down to 27M and I feel poor as a church rat.

Done a few Sarthe 700 runs, some Sardegna 800 ones and took the Audi DTM to Spa for a wholesome hour of slaughter. Torrential rain at night from cockpit view is something else. Loved it. Kept raining badly during the whole night period, which means the AI screws up all the time again and getting lapped 2 times, some even a third. The Audi DTM is a true cheat machine, with full course DRS and during rain too.
Fun race, will do it again.

PD heard my call. The daily mileage gave me a 6 star engine ticket. Got the Porsche engine for the Samba Bus or VW Beetle. Neat!

Found that a bunch of cars can now be more powerful at the same pp, although the MP4/4 and F-1500T are the opposite but to a lesser degree. Took the 917LL to Spa, then I grabbed the new Audi and ran it at Sardegna, but you have to be really careful not to uhh “hit your head” in VR which turns the whole screen black whenever your head goes through a solid object like the head safety device in the Audi. Still a fun drive though. Then I took the older Alfa Romeo DTM car to LM, and after that I took the GR010 to Sardegna which got a significant power upgrade at 800pp and was actually fun to drive unlike before when the power was way too low. I got a 4 star ticket that gave me a carbon drive shaft for the Veyron. Still can’t buy a Veyron yet, but I’ve got an Ultra High RPM turbo and a carbon driveshaft for that car whenever I finally get the invitation.

Bought the infamous Audi RS5 DTM everybody is praising.
And I know now why, it's a blast. Flew over Sardegna WTC800, RH, FM6, really easy win AND CRB despite rear ending full force some cars that drive so slowly in the turn 3 corners before finish line.

The car almost paid itself on the first race.

The first laps were rather slow due to the AI that were in my way and the fact that I was discovering the car plus long time not driving on that track. Managed to drive consistently in the 1:41s when the track was clear in front of me. Maybe I should use a lower FM as I only had to pit on lap 10.

I enjoyed myself 🤓

4* ticket, all cash wheel, impossible 5k, 30k, 100k, 500k and 1M -> lowest possible price, usual PD 💩

Now the RS5 needs a livery from @MXR_Sparky to add a final touch 🙂

[Edit] Add another round at Sardegna, this time managing a real clean race. On FM1 I did a 1:38. Now the car has paid for iself.

Last edited:
Today I bought the 3 new cars from BC.

Today my beloved P1 GTR the first one I bought back when I first got the game in 11/7/2022 has hit 10K miles. 👌

Got a 3 star which I won't even open I'm not interested in whatever prize a 3 star give you no more, close to 700 hours I don't need or want whatever a 3 star has to give me. Let it expire and send it back to PD. :redflag:

After that I deleted GT7 of my PS5
(April Fools)
:lol:

My stats since I've bought GT7 :

MonthTotal distance (km)Day median(km)Number of days
March 22383112326
April 2213154318
May 22315104
June 22000
July 22000
Aug 221183.81
Sept 22000
Oct 22000
Nov 22000
Dec 22000
Jan 23000
Feb 23905326
March 23493515931

Cars bought : 131 (45% of car collection)
Credits acquired : 74M
Distance driven : 11574km
Time driven : 51h (I don't know what "Play Time" stands for, 20h)
Days logged in : 90

Last edited:
Was playing today and noticed there seemed to be a slight glitch with this latest update. Did some golding on BRands hatch and almost did the Radical CE, bu then jumped onlien for the ALphard TT and got a good 1:28 which is decent.

But when I played the Bugatti VGT, on the Circuit de Saint Croix CE, I noticed it incorrectly states a bogus laptime, well under the gold laptime, But I have not yet completed it, to the Gold level?

The same issue was on the Sardegna and the AUDI R18 TDI where the car mysteriously slows down when on AUTO-DRIVE on the last corner apex and I lose time and speed approaching the start line before I need to get up to speed to do the lap. It also has the wornt bigus latime record even I have yet to get GOLD and complete this.

Very odd, PD needs to fix this otherwise I will be trying triple hard to complete that CE.

Then I carry on grinding on the LEmans, took the Aventador out for spin in Hypercar parade, and bought a lovely silver 959 that bumped me up to LEVEL 50 collector, & collect before they dissappear! :sly: I'm down to 70m credits, but will try and rack it back up and get some cafe cars in the extra books.

porsche-959-102-1584394867.jpg

Bought the RS5 DTM car, and made sure to make plenty of mistakes in some GTWS Nations practice lobbies. As is tradition, I didn’t actually do the race.

Tuned a Plymouth Superbird for Daytona, which was surprisingly difficult. Ran high 48s at 600PP/3450lb w/ RH.
I wanted to take it online as well, but nobody is racing with those settings, nor did it seem like anyone was ready or interested in doing so. There was one Rampage lobby that ended when I returned with a fully upgraded car (of course the host would set that as the limit), and there was another lobby set at 800pp, I think. No other restrictions. You can probably bet that lobby was incredibly unbalanced.

Back to AI races for now. I want to see if this car will survive Blue Moon Bay. Hungry for some more good oval races and the last good ones were in the NASKART lobby with the TPC guys back in January.

On the GTP account, I finished resetting the garage so that the PP shown is the actual PP. I then added some columns to the spreadsheet to help me cull unnecessary duplicates and culled:
  • 1 Amuse NISMO (for 29,120 Cr. - by accident)
  • 1 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 (for 122,860 Cr.)
  • 1 Honda NSX Gr.B Rally Car (for 73,660 Cr. - thanks for next-to-nothing, Luca)
  • 1 Pagani Huayra (for 895,620 Cr.)
  • 1 Toyota Supra GT500 (for 781,270 Cr.)
For more credits, I took an engine-swapped Silvia Touring Car to the tuning shop, put some taller gears in it and Exeter's suspension/downforce/LSD settings, and hit up Sarthe for a laugher. The 3-star Wheel of Despair wasn't impressed, pranking me with the loweest-possible 5,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I took the RH-shod Alpine A220 Race Car to Sarthe. The rain is EVIL-with-a-capital-L. Still, it was a 3-stop 6-lap laugher. Almost as evil was the 4-star Wheel of Despair, giving a carbon driveshaft for the Roadster Shop Rampage.

Ran Tokyo in the Escudo to find my lap times are consistently 1 to 1.5 seconds slower despite being able to add a bit more power and remove a bit of weight because of the new PP changes. The settings screen showed I have faster acceleration than before, but those new CH tires just don’t grip like the old ones used to. 🤣
Messed around with the new Mazda a bit and updated a few more settings sheets of some of my cars.
Got the carbon drive shaft for the Maserati GT from the daily mileage ticket and decided to accept it.
Cashed in the 6 star I got from the new extra menu book and got 1M Cr. and I kept that too.

Didn't do much racing in the game today, maybe a few runs on Sarthe 700 for credits. Did Sarthe 800 with the RS5. No challenge, really. Non stopper, without any problems.
Took the Alfa 8C to Nordschleife, cruising and sightseeing.

4 star daily ticket was 10K credits worth.

Drove my SR20 swapped Fairlady Z 432 around Nurburgring Short, did the Clubman Cup race on the Nordschleife and the Japanese 4WD event, then drove the 959 around Watkins Glen.

Back