What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,894 comments
Gave a go at Autopolis TT but I am to far from bronze, it would need to dedicate lot of time to improve.

Went next to Willow Spring with the Fugu, after some training laps I've secured a solid bronze, that'll do.

Next I easily won the new Sunday Cup event (open to all road cars.... I have to try it with a less easy one)
Then grinded Sardegna once and trid the Porsche 962C to see. This car turns like an aircraft carrier but it was an easy victory too.

DW for once was not a 3* but a 4* ! Hurray!! Spout 10k anyway... 💩
I had the 4* 10k yesterday too 😥
I'm at your level I think judging by TT results. I was a looooong way from bronze at Autopolis and gave up.
My training laps at Willow Springs started with so many adventures in the desert that i hired a camel!

I'm finally back to racing form after burning several days updating my spreadsheet to reflect the now-purchasable "S" parts and "engine type" field. I started with the Plus account as that's where the last cars I needed to get info for were. The first race was the new GT-R Cup at Blue Moon Bay. The old R32 V-spec tuned for 600 PP took an easy, unclean win (4.0 seconds, 6:54 total time, 1:21.4 fast lap, and I don't recall either going off track or hitting anybody).

Next up was the Super Formula race at Atlanta. I used the 2019 Toyota, mostly because I already had rain tires for it. I didn't need them, but I did need to buy some RH tires and run a no-stop race with max downforce to get a 5.8-second win in 17:18. I did have a bit of an off on lap 14 which cost me the CRB.

One of the competitors mentioned rain at Autopolis, so I put the RS tires back on for the Super Formula race there. It took a lot of resets, but I eventually got an unclean 16-second, 1-stop (for another set of RS tires on lap 8) win in 23:35, with rain that just about called for intermediates from lap 6 through lap 8.

I called it a day for that account, taking my low-showing 30,000 Cr. on the 4-star Wheel of Despair. The more things change,....

On the GTP account, I did the other 2 new races for the mileage. First, I took the Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 to High Speed Ring. It was a bit of an overkill, but not as much as one would think - Serrano brought a hopped-up Corvette C8 and Jones brought the new Maverick, and both cars bested my low-200 mph front straightaway speed. Had it been any other track, I might have needed to do the same; however, my 6:19 was good for a clean 12.6-second win over Serrano, 18.0 seconds over Jones, and nearly 30 seconds over the field.

It was then off to Monza. The only "classic" car I don't want to keep in the garage in mint condition that is close to but still under the recommended 350 PP is the elder Mini that I tuned to just under 350 PP. It doesn't have the thrust to keep up with the Giulia. The VW Golf I GTI does; though it's just over 350 PP, it's been part of the field. I used a wide-bodied version (slightly less PP than stock) that I will eventually stick a monster engine into for a clean 5.0 second win over Gallo's Alfa (which started out front, no less) in 5:24.

The no-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair puked out yet another Ferrari invite, which extended the last one I got. It's only 14 months or so late.

I finally managed to get first in all 3 Gr. 3 and Dirt Champions Chilli races! The Subaru BRZ GT300 was the key to winning the Gr. 3 races, I just ran it stock and it was perfect. Despite having more chillis, Fisherman’s Ranch was definitely the easiest of all the Dirt Champions and the Peugeot RCZ Gr. B gave me an Easy victory there. I also completed the new Super Formula races on Easy Mode. The only Events I still need first in are the Clubman Cup+ chilli races. If anyone has any car suggestions I’m all ears!

I got a 4-star ticket with my 3rd or 4th Citroen invitation. I only need the Bugatti Invitation but it seems like it will never come. Hopefully I get it before the Roadster shows up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t show by the 22nd either.

1. Banked the bronze reward on Autopolis: Cr. 250.000 - Not proud of this but still a medal for a combo where I didn't had fun

2. Firsts runs on Le Mans for the new TT 🥰 Tested different cars and it seems that the grannies are still on the game here. The Nissan RC92 and the Mazda 787 are damned fast on the Hunaudieres (+/-360kms/h) but less handy than the newbies Porsche 919 or Toyota GR010. Anyway, that track and the Gr.1 cars are the magic combo for me. For now, I have a good silver at 3:30:494 but still 13 days till the end.

3. ⭐⭐⭐⭐: parts for the Corvette C7 ZR1 :boggled:

I also love to gring there with my Toyota TS030.
Will probably test your Gr.2 Lexus because when Scots give advices about money, it's always reliable ;)
The Lexus is great to drive, it's practically on rails even with the default tune, and I'm currently trying out different power/weight ratios to manufacture a closer race using the same car...

My final driving stats for may. :lol:
Gran Turismo® 7_20230601083906.png

1. Banked the bronze reward on Autopolis: Cr. 250.000 - Not proud of this but still a medal for a combo where I didn't had fun

2. Firsts runs on Le Mans for the new TT 🥰 Tested different cars and it seems that the grannies are still on the game here. The Nissan RC92 and the Mazda 787 are damned fast on the Hunaudieres (+/-360kms/h) but less handy than the newbies Porsche 919 or Toyota GR010. Anyway, that track and the Gr.1 cars are the magic combo for me. For now, I have a good silver at 3:30:494 but still 13 days till the end.

3. ⭐⭐⭐⭐: parts for the Corvette C7 ZR1 :boggled:
4. First goal ✔️ Now, I'm below the 3:30 on Le Mans TT 🥰 but I can still improve this score as I still have some minor errors.

I took my swapped Supra back to LeMans. I took the lead before the end of lap 1 but going into the Mulsanne straight I spun out and dropped to P3. I regained the lap by the end of lap 2 but the rain came started coming down and I dropped down to 12th. Portillo took first because he didn't pit but I was to catch him on the backside of track because I had better traction. It didn't rain as hard as my previous 2 races so I wore out my wets after two laps. So pitted on lap 5 and switched back to hards and I pushed for the next 2 laps to win. Then I wanted to take my 2nd 962 but I didn't setup for Sardegna so I used my 1st 962. I had a really good run going until lap 10 when I thought to myself I haven't run into anything this race I'm doing really well. Needless to say within 2 minutes of that I started hitting barriers and cars stuff like that🤣 . I bought a 2nd Carrera GT, 69Z and the Civic racer

Engine-swapped the R8 engine into the TT RS. All it needed was a racing suspension and we had a surprisingly driveable mongrel. Not perfect - far from it - but driveable.

Eventually managed to win the clubman Tsukuba race that had been stubbornly resisting me.

The MX5, Mazda 3 and Focus RS engine swaps were no-brainers, so I built them but haven't had a chance to use them yet.

Been using remote play on my iPad. Sometimes the controller connection drops for a second and sometimes the reaction is a bit laggy. Enjoying it though. Never took advantage of it since the game debuted.

Forgot which car I'd put a carbon prop in months ago. Found it to be a NISMO GTR R35.

Banged in all three flywheels one after another to test and play with lightweight spinny goodness all around, then put her through the Tokyo grind.

I don't usually grind so it's only about the 10th time I've ever done this race, good fun.

Tried the new TT at Le Mans, first with the Mazda 787B but too sketchy for me, then with the Toyota GR010 HYBRID '21 which I find easier to control (even if it is slower in the straights)

Not very good lap time at the moment with 3m44, lot of room for improvement.

DW 4* delivered this :

203.jpg

Only 55.000 Cr. but it is a nice change from the infinite number of 3* and 4* that give 5-10k.

Last edited:
Blew that field to pieces with a PB (+30) @ TM/HCP.. CRB included..had to be one of my best races ever.. too clean!

.. that car is just so filthy fast it's not even funny..

@Chikane_GTR .. where are you ????.. bring whatever, i'm waitin'..

PS4/DS.. no wheel setup.. ol' school, wouldn't do it any other way..

NW.

Last edited:
Blew that field to pieces with a PB (+30) @ TM/HCP.. CRB included..had to be one of my best races ever.. too clean!

.. that car is just so filthy fast it's not even funny..

@Chikane_GTR .. where are you ????.. bring whatever, i'm waitin'..

PS4/DS.. no wheel setup.. ol' school, wouldn't do it any other way..

NW.

I maybe available soon but right now I'm racing against time.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230601192423.png

I'm grinding enough credits to be able to buy 10 more Enzo and LaFerrari while having enough left to buy the McLaren f1 mp4/4 88.

:)

Last edited:
Wednesday I ran all the Turbo races in the Skyline Silhouette which surprised me by being allowed on those races.

Decided to have a look at cars with zero mileage.
Thursday I ran all the American 700pp races (including Bathurst and High Speed Ring) in a tuned Corvette C7.

Bought the DB5. Painted it Skyline Silver of course ;) (shocking)

Also, heads up there's now a low mileage Trueno in UCD, so I bought that and sold the older one which had 13k miles.

Up next will be the DB5 in Historic Races - have set up tunes for 580pp and 600pp ready.

Collected my paycheck from the Autopolis time trial and bought the Enzo before taking it to Maggiore. I also drove the Carrera GT around the same track. I then tuned my '15 Mustang and took it to Kyoto Driving Park, drove the Golf GTi MK7 around Goodwood, the Focus ST around the Red Bull Ring, my SR20 swapped Fairlady Z 432 around Autopolis Short and the '17 Nissan GT-R around Tsukuba. I also bought the S.Shigeno version of the AE86 and took it to Laguna Seca.

Just run the 962 on lemans once , was at higher aero configuration and lower top speed to enjoy a bit the last part and also have sings ot engine wear that are now at regular contiton.
I try to " fix " GTR 17 and run about 5 times at blue moon race and 5 more at grand valley.
Didn't get the CRB for not obvious reasons some times but was enjoyable.
I think ill stay to that for some days , small races with good payout for the time you spend.

Back