What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,592 comments
Last night I golded some missions from the "Sun Also Rises" tab. I left the Gr3 race at Mount Panorama, the Porsche one lap magic and the 24 minutes of Lemans for another day. Also the drift mission at Tsukuba is in forever silver state.

Even though is the second last one set, it was quite easy to gold.

I got a non-clean P1 for the last WTC 900 round I had left for the Bonus Menu at Suzuka, and then I bought myself an Alfa Romeo TI V6 touring car from the LCD since I didn't have one in my collection yet. On a similar note, I checked out the Ferrari dealership, and even though it said I had acquired the F12berlinetta, none of the colors were marked off, so I bought one in Rosso Corsa. Sure enough, I go back to my garage to see if I had one previously. I did not, and I do recall selling the white one I had acquired as part of the Ferrari menu.

The next World Circuits race I plan to do next is the Japanese 4WD 600 race at Red Bull Ring, as that one I haven't gotten around to doing yet. I might also do the WTC 900 round at Trial Mountain, too, and as far as Bonus Menus go, all that's left for me is the X2014 Nations Cup.

EDIT: From the WTC 900 bonus menu, I won myself the first Lamborghini VGT of my collection, and it was even in the green color I would've bought it in. I had also redeemed the Nissan Motorsports extra menu, and won myself a nice 500k credits. The only remaining extra menus for me both involve buying cars from Brand Central, specifically the X2014 Standard and the Aston Martin Valkyrie. Between the two, they'll set me back a notable 7m credits, but I can wait indefinitely for them, especially since I plan to save my credits at the moment. Indeed, for the trophy involving the three legendary cars, the Ferrari 330 P4 is the last car I need to buy.

Last edited:
I was the same opinion until @Tommy_D encouraged me to go on. It's just a matter of practice and patience.

Don't give up.
Cheers M
Im Not No Way GIF

Also the drift mission at Tsukuba is in forever silver state.
I managed it recently, but I figured out that I was trying to be too subtle/clever - shifting gears, playing with brake balance etc. Turns out it's all about gunning it as fast as you can and just trying to stay on track. Ironically, the actual 'drift' bits (at Tsukuba and Daytona) were relatively easy - it was getting a high score in the first section that I couldn't do until I dispensed with the 'finesse' approach and went for the 'full tilt' approach instead. Very glad to have both of those out of the way though, they were getting very frustrating!

I managed it recently, but I figured out that I was trying to be too subtle/clever - shifting gears, playing with brake balance etc. Turns out it's all about gunning it as fast as you can and just trying to stay on track. Ironically, the actual 'drift' bits (at Tsukuba and Daytona) were relatively easy - it was getting a high score in the first section that I couldn't do until I dispensed with the 'finesse' approach and went for the 'full tilt' approach instead. Very glad to have both of those out of the way though, they were getting very frustrating!
No, nope, and NOO!!
I've golded the drifts missions with the 'Stang and the Viper mostly because I've tried hundreds of time each.
The latest on Tsukuba is in bronze and I'm perfectly comfortable with this. I won't spent hours / days on this one.
I must also confess that I simply doesn't understand drift IRL, so it probably doesnt help to like it in game...

Thirty miles or so around high speed ring to clear the group4 challenge and the clubman550 challenge, neither of these had previously been won. Daily wheel 30k. Interesting use of a VW Beetle '66 (Porsche engine swapped) in the 550 challenge, power slides galore as the front tyres wash out, may have used the opposition to help turn in on a couple of corners but two more races ticked off.

I haven’t played in a little while so I decided to do a GT7 day. I looked at the LCD and saw the MP4/4 and I had 8 million credits so I needed to do some grinding. I did Sardegna in the CLK-LM as I just recently got a Hot Wheels of the CLK-GTR so close enough. Next up was the Ford GT40 mkIV at Le Mans since I got a HW toy of that recently too. Then I played around downloading liveries for my duplicates of the Porsche 962, Sauber Mercedes C9, and the Mazda 787b so that they match my HW toys of those cars. Then I went back to Sardegna in the Ford GT LM and finally did a round of Spa in the 962C. I had well over 10 million now so I grabbed the MP4/4 and put a Lotus livery on it.

Last edited:
So, as I'm spending some time on the missions section of the game I checked on the drift missions again. I noticed my previous score were deleted which I guess it is something that happens from time to time when the game is updated. (maybe because some physics change?)

Anyway I gave it a try once more and after one hour (!!) and 116kms later I got gold at Tsukuba.

Now, only the Viper at Daytona is hanging in silver. But that's another grind for another day.

18dc9cc699370-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437372762120934_1708487352034.jpg
20970549501540463.jpg

Last edited:
I was watching YouTube and certain guides on afk method for Daytona it did not work, or I dunno doing something wrong 🤣, so I upgraded the Honda beat engine swap etc spent a fair bit of money on it, (still tight on money due to cars I want to still own) spoon livery too, I got gold in Daytona circuit experience infield layout 🥳, did the last race for the weekly challenge and got a GTR 2018 gt3 with the movie livery I’m going to keep it and have the standard one from brand central, now I’m racing the beat at Monza it’s doing well. I’m guessing thomohawk VGT patched with gearing (I know it was patched still wanted to try) but no big deal I’ll just race more and keep trying for credits then. Also a few days ago bought some more cars zonda R and Porsche VGT from the cover of gt7 thanks GT planet.

Last edited:
I have returned to the Poor House after purchasing the Shelby Daytona.

I think I'm almost finished collecting all the cars in the LCD. Most are the super expensive 20M Credit cars and the 400R. The Skyline just hasn't come in a color I want, give me the red or purple one! :lol:

@smoothbore12
I think I just pulled off the impossible, I just completed the 1 hour at Spa and i did it with....
NO PIT STOPS!
no tyres, no additional fuel, and video to prove.

So you don't have to watch the entire video I skipped up each lap and you can see at lap times at right side you will not see any red denoting a pit stop.
Here is close up of my tyre condition at end, it just went completely red on last lap.
You can find my settings for this car here...
Post in thread 'La Sarthe , weather report and other " stuff "' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/la-sarthe-weather-report-and-other-stuff.422445/post-14199282

20240221_051918.jpg

I also got this on the marathon....
20240221_051947.jpg

Last edited:
Ran Sardegna twice this morning. Bought the Maserati in the LCd and finished that car menu which got me a 6 star ticket. With that I won a the Mitsubishi VGT...a low grade pos that I won't ever drive because it has no interior but it's one more car towards a complete collection so whatevs. (I don't mind some of the VGTs...they can be fun to take out for a blast. But the ones with no interior feel like unfinished business and shouldn't be in the game at all.)

Last edited:
Ran Sardegna twice this morning. Bought the Maserati in the LCd and finished that car menu which got me a 6 star ticket. With that I won a the Mitsubishi VGT...a low grade pos that I won't ever drive because it has no interior but it's one more car towards a complete collection so whatevs. (I don't mind some of the VGTs...they can be fun to take out for a blast. But the ones with no interior feel like unfinished business and shouldn't be in the game at all.)
I hung onto two VGT’s a Porsche because I use it to complete weekly’s when the VGT races come up. I despise those races. They’re not hard, but they’re boring and renders the shifter paddles useless. I also kept a convertible Suzuki VGT because it kind of looks like a minders day or futuristic cobra. I created a neat livery for it. Pretty much the only reason I kept it if I’m being honest. Drove it once. Bleh. If I could delete the VGT portion from the game and never have them come up in weekly’s I would. I’ve tried to appreciate them and about all I can sort of get into is their look. The rest is a big thumbs down from me.

Cleared Wtc700 at Dragons Trail in the Skyline Silhouette, then went to LeMans took the Aston Martin DP100 VGT to the paint shop and then back on track, 30min and 12 seconds, rain never actually transpired to get 825k. It's pretty much a walk in the park in the Aston to win this race. Noticed I hadn't done 800pp WTC at LeMans so ticked that off 125miles for the day complete, daily wheel 4* some sports springs :(

Took a break from the TTs so I've been focusing on other things and I finally completed all the race events. Pretty happy with that. Next on the agenda....CEs - only got a few left as I plan to gold everything except the the rally/dirt tracks...really don't have the patience for that nonsense!

A week away didn't change anything on the GTP account. After a wet-and-wild Sarthe run in the older Nissan GT-R GT3, which saw Haywood not affected by rain until he nearly caught me in the Porsche Curves on lap 4, then forget to change to rain tires to drop off the map, I got yet another 3-star Wheel of Despair (I've lost track of how many, but it's close to half the tickets this year). That dropped a Tesla Model 3, which I hung onto for tuning purposes, just in case the stock one can't handle the coming Weekly Challenge.

As predicted, both my time trial times fell into bronze category. Given my general dislike for the circuits, and the tiredness, I couldn't be bothered to try to get either back to silver.

It was almost the same on the Plus account, only I handled the rain (which came a bit later) better, so Haywood couldn't be Superman in the rain, and it was a 4-star that gave the Jaguar F-type R (hung onto for tuning purposes).

I have returned to the Poor House after purchasing the Shelby Daytona.

I think I'm almost finished collecting all the cars in the LCD. Most are the super expensive 20M Credit cars and the 400R. The Skyline just hasn't come in a color I want, give me the red or purple one! :lol:
Umm. No one told this guy he can make his 400R purple?

@jrbabbitt achievement motivate me to try my luck at SPA with LM55 gr1 without pitstop and intermediate tyres from the beginning.
Of course we're talking about easy level griding .
Without knowing what to expect i start the race trying to find an average pace using FM6 and all that at 700pp configuration.

First race find me without a single drop of rain !!!!! 24sec over second Fraga.
IMG_20240221_202326382_HDR.jpg

Tyres was almost gone at the end .

Second race ,rain visit me at last and made things easier , so easy that i skip last lap and wait for the timer since everyone was one lap behind.
IMG_20240221_221418979_HDR.jpg

I had a bit better tyres condition this time and only rain once .
I pick up some pace after the rain which wasn't so wise and the fuel was to the limit.

For a 700pp car with approximately 235khm top speed , LM55gr1 did a magnificent " job " .

Of course isn't something that i suggest especially to new comers since can be way more easy with one stop and tune up to 800pp , but it's interesting to know what mine and car limits are.

Last edited:
Umm. No one told this guy he can make his 400R purple?
Any other car, yes. But the 400R has a special graphic on it stock that can't be entirely recreated in the livery editor, unfortunately. It's got like a chrome texture.

I prefer the fidelity of the original and don't mind having to wait for it.

Done nothing so far today ! :lol: However, I brought my RL Yaris to the service this morning and saw this :

GR.jpg

Thought about using the car in the Weekly Challenges but the only race it's eligible is the WTC 800 in Watkins Glen. I'm afraid this won't turn out to my liking ... :crazy:

Back