What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,592 comments
Yesterday was a good session:
  • Loaded up the game and went into my garage to check my engine parts and tunign parts. Did sum checking.
  • Then loaded up my 67' Charger and admire it in scapes. took that for spin on Grand valley soak up sum sun.
  • Proceeded to notice the new Nations cup and Manufacterers cup races and set the date for those races.
  • Looked up the new Daily Races, I tried Daily Race A and did real bad in the RX-7, I found the track quite tricky, I prefer the longer version and dont know many reverse tracks, need more time to practice them.
  • All that mileage got me a 4 star roulette ticket, cashed that in and got a Bugatti Token plaque. When over to the dealership and bought a Veyron in Blue two tone. Very nice car stock, soo much torque pull. More on that later.
  • Then looked at trying the Daily Race B, thinkt he one at Lake Maggiore. This was fun race, I bust out my NSX GT3 car and then proceeded to do sum hot practice laps, got a quickish 2:03 time. The first race I did was terrible, a noobish childish driver named Abvish or sumthing rammed me off took whoel race to get back up the grid.
  • Tried again a 10mins later, but swtiched cars to NISMO GT3 car and did much better with a diffo set bunch of racers. I started 6-7th and landed a 3rd place overall. It was very fun race and I battled my way to the top 3 (pictures to be added soon)
  • Rank boost oh yes! currently fixing my DR: C and SR: S to higher level.
  • Tuned up my Veyron to 1,322 bhp and blasted it on Special Stage Route X and clocked about 272mph, where that NOS bottle gone? :D
Not bad, looking forward to the new time trials (hate the current ones - no bathurst plz lol) and any new updates this month, hopefully soon. I have yet to try daily Race C as i love RED bull ring!

image-71.jpg
iu

Last edited:
Any other car, yes. But the 400R has a special graphic on it stock that can't be entirely recreated in the livery editor, unfortunately. It's got like a chrome texture.

I prefer the fidelity of the original and don't mind having to wait for it.
And now I have egg on my face.

I guess I deserve it after trying to be funny with a "let's all laugh at this guy" joke.

And my punishment is instead of my garage being 484 out of 491 collected, it has gone up to 492. Because you have convinced me I need a 3rd 400R, but in the stock purple.

Here are my other 2. (Livery on the top one is from me.)

PhotoGrid_Site_1708606124707.jpg

Today's effort; Dodge Viper gts for the American 600pp challenge, Tesla for the single make, Honda Egg Beater for the KCup race, 3 wins 300k, short on the marathon took the Aston Martin round LeMans for the money, it rained with 9 mins left but not much so I stayed out on slicks, it was dry again by the end of the lap.
A spin of the wheel, springs for a Wicked GTS
The Viper needs tightening up it's wobbly under braking or acceleration.
Tesla 3 well it's just meh sticking it on the German GP track urgh, don't want to do that twice.
Engine swapped Beat with a gearbox good for 190kmh wooped everyone, it's a clumsy tool

Ran the first four Weeklies, saving the WTC800 for tomorrow. Bought another Strassenversion. Ran the Ford Roadster in the new TT. Got 30k from the wheel.

Last edited:
Collected my $2m for gold in the Bathurst time trial (my first one), swapped a 2JZ into an S15 Silvia and spent the rest of the evening tinkering with that car and running quick races against GT Sophy at Tsukuba

I did my daily session of a 45 minute Mazda MX-5 race. Todays race was at Road Atlanta and unfortunately I won it easily.
I wish they could get Sophy ready for any track and for custom races and that you could ramp up the difficulty of it to be more like when we got the preview a year ago.

Considering the notice that says that the current Weekly Challenges won't be rotated for another couple weeks, I decided to take the opportunity to do three of them, with plans to do the remaining two another day. Used a stock Tesla Model III on Sports Softs for the one-make, but then I used that same car for the race featuring American cars at Road Atlanta. I was also able to use a modified Suzuki Jimny for the Lightweight K Cup race, and I got a clean P1 - though I barely overtook P1 at the final corner on the final lap. Got a three-star ticket that netted me 10k credits, but I can't complain.

I'm planning to do the Porsche Cup and WTC 800 races next time, and to prepare for the former, I arbitrarily decided that I'd keep using EVs by switching to my stock Taycan that I had won via the license tests. As it was, it was a bit below the PP cap of 650, so I bought the first weight reduction stage, racing brake pads, and slotted brakes before tinkering with the power restrictor and ballast to get it to exactly 649.99PP.

Last edited:
Did weekly 4; Porsche cup at Barca, Taycan on sports hard tyres.... Not a pretty race but still a win.
Needing some credits did LeMans again in the Aston, very little rain (about an 8th) ended up getting 8 laps for the price of 7 and a clean race bonus. Then Sardegna 800pp in the Mazda 787 run on FM6 I did the whole 15 laps without a stop. Roulette ticket gave me 5k. I bought a La Ferrari and a F8 Biturbo at the Ferrari dealership other than the VGT I've got the whole kerbudle. Sold the Mitsubishi VGT and a Peugeot VGT

Got distracted while driving, so I got some air.

And, I just caught a small glitch. If you exit the pit at the same as the AI, you can't make physical contact because you're momentarily ghosting each other.

Today I spent some time hot lapping the current TT at Grand Valley with the Ford Roadster and drove the Viper GTS at Trial Mountain. Also bought aero parts and worked a lillte bit on its look. Tuning it is next step.

20830012776504296.jpg

For the first time ever I took this Tron light cycle to Nordschleife for the Porsche cup. One lap race and the heavy rain kicked in early. No rain tires equipped and no way to pit to grab some. Somehow I still managed to hydroplane myself to victory.

18dd8b81bc86-screenshotUrl.jpg

Started today running a few different GT4 cars around Suzuka to see which one best fits me for the 1st Nation's Cup race. So far the Ferrari seems to be my best candidate. I am hoping to make it through a few more before the race.

Ran some practice laps around both TTs, I am sure I will get my time down with more time but really not a big fan of the Ford Roadster. Maxed out 3rd gear just does not seem right and it is giving me heck to keep the race pace going.

Did some practice runs with a key car testing a friends settings for the Class of Titans , thanks to @AlexWilmot .

And after that i use a ghost from @Pesselles aka " rattlesnake" or " cuttlefish " or " red riding hood " ( depends on the day ) to open my path to gold the new TT at GVS .
A secure gold little under 20's came up that can be improved taking one or two turns better.
I guess the aliens of TT's don't have much to do to gain time in this one due to the nature of the car , so it will be easier gold or easiest Silver for the majority of the players.

Other than that ,none ,just took an horizontally position on my bed till Morpheus come .

Did some practice runs with a key car testing a friends settings for the Class of Titans , thanks to @AlexWilmot .

And after that i use a ghost from @Pesselles aka " rattlesnake" or " cuttlefish " or " red riding hood " ( depends on the day ) to open my path to gold the new TT at GVS .
A secure gold little under 20's came up that can be improved taking one or two turns better.
I guess the aliens of TT's don't have much to do to gain time in this one due to the nature of the car , so it will be easier gold or easiest Silver for the majority of the players.

Other than that ,none ,just took an horizontally position on my bed till Morpheus come .
Very happy to help my favourite TRAITOR to get some gold ;)

On the GTP account, I took my 250,000 Cr. for getting a bronze in the expired time trial, then rented a Ford/Mopar Roadster for the new one. I eventually got my time down to just under 1:21, which should get me a silver, then had the one Wheel of Despair that is usually worse than a 3-star show up, a "6-star" parts ticket. The reason I said "usually" is that it gave me a stage 5 weight reduction for the Charger Hellcat, something I could use.

The day-late Weekly Challenges went as follows (nothing new except as noted):
  • Road Atlanta American Sunday Cup in a clean 4:44 with a stock 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8
  • Nurburgring One-Make in a clean 4:57 by 0.8 seconds with a 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance with SS tires (after finding out stock is just too slow)
  • Lake Maggiore Lightweight K-Cup in a clean 7:16 with a Honda Beat previously tuned for the K-Cup (though I had to add some weight with the PP changes)
  • Catalunya Porsche Cup in a not-clean 9:45 (don't know where I lost the CRB) with a 2009 911 GT3 previously tuned for the Porsche Cup, with the Carrera GTS and 959 new additions
  • Watkins Glen WTC 800 in a clean 18:43 with a stock Subaru BRZ GT300
On the Plus account, I tried to cheese the Challenges:
  • Road Atlanta American Sunday Cup in a clean 3:56 with a stock Dodge SRT Tomahawk S
  • Nurburgring One-Make in a clean 4:47 by 8.1 seconds with a fully-tuned Tesla on SS tires
  • Lake Maggiore Lightweight K-Cup in a clean 7:15 with the Honda S660 I used before, though I needed a restart
  • Catalunya Porsche Cup in a clean 9:22 with a stock Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • Watkins Glen WTC 800 in a clean 17:45 with a stock 2008 Honda NSX GT500
As things spilled over to Saturday, I got two Wheels of Despair. The Friday 4-star puked up a height-adjustable sports suspension for the newest Porsche 911, while the Saturday 5-star gave the middle fing...er...middle-showing/lowest-legal 100,000 Cr.

On the USA account I completed the weekly challenges (fairly simple this week), miserably failed at the 2 Time Trials (again), and decided to kill some time by running 3 Daily B races. Mixed results but racing fun had all around.

Race 1: Q9, P7
Race 2: Q11, P10
Race 3: Q13, P7

If anyone is interested in how the bottom feeders race I will post 2 of the videos below.

On the EMEA account was another round through this week's challenges (even easier 2nd time around) and 1 of 2 Time Trials successfully completed.

Some how this week so far has been an overall loss of DR but who cares. Maybe I will run some more and raise the DR a little before the Nation's Cup and Manufacturer's Series races start.

Last edited:
For some reason, my driver rating is going down, despite placing in the top 5, and making multiple position gains from my starting grid position.

Also having clean race bonus.

I just started getting into the online sport mode races, and am working to get to driver rating C, so this is kind of confusing.

20240224_102517.jpg

For some reason, my driver rating is going down, despite placing in the top 5, and making multiple position gains from my starting grid position.

Also having clean race bonus.

I just started getting into the online sport mode races, and am working to get to driver rating C, so this is kind of confusing.

View attachment 1330949
I have finished a few races in the top 7-8 lately and noticed I am losing DR too. Even though my arrow have been blue up I still lost DR. Could it be some form of glitch or is it more likely that the drivers below you have been lower DR drivers and you lost more from the top 4 then gained from those that finished behind you?

As I did the Plus Saturday run just after midnight, I took the time to do some engine swapping on the GTP account. One of those was the Nissan R92CP engine into the 1994 R32, and that is a very worthy swap, at least once it is tuned. One could probably get away with grinding Sarthe with a stock swap, but the brakes and suspension are not really up to snuff. Tune it up, and it is a candidate for an 8-dry-lap run as it will theoretically do sub-4:06 laps and require but one stop.

On the run, however, the weather had other plans. I got to the lead just after starting lap 2, with enough fuel for 5 laps. At the end of that lap, I saw heavy rain coming, so I came down for full-wet tires. It was a good thing I chose full-wet tires rather than intermediates - the rain gauge went to blue before the end of lap 3.

There was a bit of a lull in the rain near the end of lap 4, but I took another look at the radar and decided to stay out. The track got almost fully-drenched again, and I started lapping cars, yet I almost had the fast lap of the race (which ended up being 4:23).

I lapped 7th place before I came down for slicks at the end of lap 6 as the track was finally drying. I didn't really need to do a 7th lap as by that time, I was more than 3 minutes ahead of 2nd, and there was just under 3 minutes remaining, but I wanted to see how many cars I could physically put a lap down. I re-lapped 7th place, but couldn't quite catch 6th, completing 7 laps (4 wet-to-soaking-wet) in 31:50.

I almost didn't mind the 4-star ticket, which gave a Bore Up S for a vehicle for which I could use it. I might try the unrestricted version of the swapped R32 tune at Sardegna considering I needed to rather significantly detune it for Sarthe.

Finally finished Spa with the 917 in the wet. All original licenses are gold. I quickly blasted through the master licenses so that'll be next. I go in spurts working on them. I get burned out pushing hard for time so when I'm in a grinding mood and I have safely golded whatever time trials are active I'll go back and see if I can grind gold times on CEs and licenses. There are a few missions I have left to gold as well and some of those just seem like toil. Maybe I'll do them eventually. Anyway that Spa challenge was tough but I'm on top of my friend leaderboard except for two aliens so I feel pretty accomplished there.

A really interesting time attack event. Grand Valley, of course, is no longer recognizable, but unlike Sardines or Dragon Tail, it is still an interesting, albeit fictional, track. The car is suitable for the track. The only thing is that it would have been more interesting if the event had been on standard tires rather than sports ones. It's too grippy. I did 12 laps without fanaticism. Should be gold

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back