What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,892 comments
I finally got around to fitting the brake pedal mod that comes with the T300RS-GT.
After a few test-laps, I took it off again, it's terrible!

When Thursday arrived, I had completed the entirety of that week's Weekly Challenges. The following day, I entered the Autopolis One Hour Race using a highly tuned Suzuki Jimny. Today, I had spent the majority of the time in the Lap Time Challenge featuring a 1932 Ford Roadster at Grand Valley - Highway 1. It would be the first time I entered that LTC.

When Thursday arrived, I had completed the entirety of that week's Weekly Challenges. The following day, I entered the Autopolis One Hour Race using a highly tuned Suzuki Jimny. Today, I had spent the majority of the time in the Lap Time Challenge featuring a 1932 Ford Roadster at Grand Valley - Highway 1. It would be the first time I entered that LTC.
How did the Jimny do?

Won GT4 race on Atenza . With no tyre change. All wheel drive does things. Personally love Subies, but Atenza feels more stable, but less torque on low rews

Today I spent time on the online TT at Grand Valley with a little improvement there. I wanna think my gold time is kind of safe there because I don't like the car very much and don't feel like getting back there.

Also I bought parts and tuned my Viper GTS '02 and took it to Road Atlanta and had a great time while test driving it.

20970496511304501.jpg

The car is tuned as seen here:

Edit: later on I was able to play the game once more and decided to give it a go on the Viper drift mission. To my surprise I got gold on the 3rd try. Those drift missions were somehow tweaked, they are way easier now.

18de178fa2211-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437474159314763_1708883434823.jpg

Last edited:
More touring car greatness, this time at Barcelona-Catalunya. The footage is a couple of laps from the second half of the 30 minute race, had a nice duel with a Porsche of the “I can’t believe it’s not Volvo” team, proper door-to-door racing.

Yesterday did Watkins Glenn weekly in a Mazda 787 on medium race tyres. No stops just a sliver of front left tyre remaining at the end of lap 10, got the 500k bonus, wheel gave me an ultra turbo for a Nissan Gtr safety car that I don't own.
Went through Sardinia 800pp for some credits in a Lexus RC car with a single fuel stop.

Today took a highly modified Porsche 911 (930) to Sardinia and ran 28 miles about 2 seconds a lap off my normal race times, that would be quick enough to win a race. I think it's a no starter to race as it will melt tyres though. Daily wheel gave me a RSR Camero a car I wouldnt have thought to buy. Then later after fixing the real car in my life I've done LeMans (again no rain), run in the Aston Martin VGT, could have done 8 laps but waited 25seconds to finish at 30:01. Had a look at sports time trials took my own Mercedes E190 to Dragons Trail reverse to see how slow I am. Gosh I'm slow even if I fixed the car to suit my style I'd be miles off that 1:50.

I had a pretty good GT7 day. Started out with running a few iterations of Sardegna so that I'm on the very verge of having the 10 million I need for the Strassenversion. then I just spent some time taking different cars out for a couple laps each of Suzuka which was very enjoyable. Than I decided I should try and get golds on a few more of the licenses. I finally managed to gold the one with the BMW on the wet track - is it IA-5 or 6? And also the last one of the IAs at Trial Mountain so I got the Porsche reward car for International A. Sold that since I already had the car.

Last edited:
Ran the TT with the Roadster, Tuned up my R8 Gordini, ran it at LeMans,(in the Quick Race). Won while beating the very eclectic field which contained a few Honda 2x4's, three safety cars, a Corvette concept, some Ferrari GTOs and a Cobra Coupe. Fast little car tuned up, hits 148mph at LeMans. I also ran it at Goodwood and Brands Hatch. Ran LeMans with the F50 and the '02 NSX. Got a 'Troon invitation from the wheel.

Today and yesterday was good session:

In no particuler order:

• Logged onto GT7 and checked my car garage for bits and engines.
  • Then proceeded to the UCD and foudn a lovely SLR Mclaren for quite a good price. Bought it.
  • Took it for spin on the obligtory Tsukuba as you do, little shakedown. Nice torque love the supercharger whine.
  • Stock run on SS X route gave me only 210-212mph.
  • Then looks at some skins that other users made in the GT AUTO.
  • Proceeed to then tune it up to around 850hp with very high lightwieght mods, it became monsterous.
  • Once tuned, I took back to SS Route X and it got over 255mph on the high run over the hilly bit.

Did some of the weekly challenge races, Michelin Atlanta Yankee race & the Porsche cup, one thing i noticed on this race ws i fitted Confort hard on my 918 spyder and the car acted liek a boat. It didnt liek mismatched tyres whcih was very intresting.
SO had to tweak the tyre settings and slap on comfort sports and it behaved better. I thought that was kinda funky.

• Lastly did Daily Race C a second time, first was yesterday. Did better with the qualifying laps, in the MAZDA 3 GR.4 racecar. Well balanced car and quite biased on this track.
  • Battled my way up to 3rd place halfway thru before the afrench dude rammed me sideways and i tried ot recover but couldnt quite nail it back and finsihed 5th overall. One thing i found annoying i picked up a last penalty of half a sec but wehn i finished i got a 1min penalty, WTF race why? No explanation why or reasoning. Just dont get this poor penalty system it botches good online races.

Lastly is my time for the Ford Roadster TT , pretty good considering, think im like 9000th so yay!

Enjoy pics!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240218210025.jpg Gran Turismo™ 7_20240225192707.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240225205119.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240225194516.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240223210103.jpg

Nothing so far, but I did watch other people race. Too washed to stream snipe right now :lol:

I've also been thinking of ways to get players to suffer through enjoy combinations that I want to see.

Could you pay someone to host them and if so how much? Would a cash prize be good for engagement or would it be better to have it held by a better known person? How much does it cost to hire a commentator? etc.

How would you coordinate it to make sure it is fair? What kind of participants would you attract with a cash prize of... $50? $100? $1,000? How do you handle mixed-skill groups? Would an entry fee be sensible to help pay for the prize pool + presenters or would it discourage people from signing up?

Anyway, I still want to see a one-day Nissan GT-R LM Nismo One-Make Championship, whether I am participating in it or not. Assuming I have a reasonable amount of infinite money...

So my stupid plan:
Grand Prize
$1,000
+ Custom Trophy (~$200)

Participants
Type# of GroupsPrerequisitesEntry FeeApprox. Practice Time CommitmentTotal # of players
Championship1DR A or Higher / SR S$109 hours15 drivers
Exhibition3DR C or Higher / SR S;
Not participating in Championship
None1 hour/race15 - 45 unique drivers

Schedule
Event TypeCircuitCarGroupPrizesFormat
ExhibitionKyoto Driving Park - MiyabiNissan Z Performance '23 (Stock)Exhibition Group #1P1: $20 gift card~10 min lap race/ Grid Start / Qualifying On
ChampionshipKyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa ReverseNissan GT-R LM Nismo '15
(890PP)
Championship Sign-Up OnlyP1: $100
P2: $50
P3: $25
20 min / Rolling Start / Qualifying On
ExhibitionDaytona Tri-OvalNissan Silvia spec-R Aero S15 Touring Car (Stock)Exhibition Group #2P1: $20 Gift Card~10 min lap race / Grid Start / Qualifying On /
ChampionshipDaytona Road CourseNissan GT-R LM Nismo '15
(890PP)
Championship Sign-Up OnlyP1: $100
P2. $50
P3. $25
20 min / Rolling Start / Qualifying On
ExhibitionCircuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - NationalNissan Skyline Super Silhouette '84 (Stock)Exhibition Group #3P1: $20 gift card~10 min lap race / Grid Start / Qualifying On
ChampionshipCircuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - No ChicaneNissan GT-R LM Nismo '15
(890PP)
Championship Sign-Up OnlyP1. $500
P2. $250
P3. $125
Championship Sign-Up Only / 2 hour / Grid Start / Qualifying On

Commentators
# of Commentators2
Hourly Wage$27 / h
Expected Duration5 Hours (w/ padding)
Expected Out-of-Pocket Cost
$2,605+

And... its already too expensive right now... At least the idea is fun.

Last edited:
Today on GT7 I've taken a Maserati Merak to LeMans made it run fast and then run in a controlled way, apart from a significant drink problem it's a bit floaty between 160-195mph was still doing 4:30's when not on pit in/out lap, had to stop twice for fuel though but still as a retro road car it was enough to earn 825k, daily wheel 10k, did double wins at Sardegna in the Lexus RC F to make more coins. Quite fancy picking up that F50 in legends no doubt by the time I have the credits something more appealing will present its self.

While i was at home all day didn't do much today.
In the morning i did one la sarthe with my lm55 gr1 and late noon one hour of Spa with the same car on non stop configuration but i lost the damn CRB bonus due to a sudden yellow flag that couldn't react 🥴
Too late to quit so i keep on going till the end

Am quite happy also since we open the
thread for our online races the Class of Titans that are taking place every Sunday .
Anyone who want to share a fun hour can join us ,just click the link in my signature for further informations .
Its fun , it's easy and for " ordinary" people like the most of us .

Finished up the weekly event and got a 5 star ticket for daily workout and got $500,000 much better than a couple of days ago I got another yes 👏 🤔 🤣 😢 another Pagani invite that’s 3 now, 1 I needed for the Pagani Huayra and the other 2 I don’t need lol. I should play everyday at least do daily workout but I don’t because the rewards aren’t so good. 🤷‍♂️, spec 2 has helped a lot and bought the corvette group 4 a few days ago too.

Today I did the Honda Music Rally. This is because I just got my PS5 and the game was still downloading! Question, since I am new to the DualSense, is there any options in haptic feedback / adaptive triggers I have to configure for best play with GT7? I am only palanning to play GT7 and FFVII Rebirth on PS5 atm.

I took the Super Silhouette to LeMans and got spun the 1st lap so I quit and bought a 2014 F Type. Maxed it out and created a livery for it did some testing with it at LeMans to figure the best grinding setup. I found I get better fuel mileage with the high end Supercharger than without. Get close to 3 laps on FM6. Very fast car. Got a 6 ⭐ parts 🎟️ 🎉🤣 and got something for some car. I think I despise the parts ticket more than the
⭐⭐⭐ 🎟️. At least with that I can get some credits no matter how small which is better than a part I have no use for

Today I did the Honda Music Rally. This is because I just got my PS5 and the game was still downloading! Question, since I am new to the DualSense, is there any options in haptic feedback / adaptive triggers I have to configure for best play with GT7? I am only palanning to play GT7 and FFVII Rebirth on PS5 atm.
There should be options to adjust the adaptive triggers in the game settings or controller settings menu (maybe both). What works best for you will be a matter of personal preference, I suspect.

Finally realized I ended-up with two of the new Genesis VGT cars...probably old news but how'd that happen? Sorry, old-n-slow over here.😁

Also did a race A for the first time in a loooooooooooooong time. Glad I did, the Merak is a gem to drive. 👍

:cheers:

Thanks to @Lomic I've very recently discovered the "livery" section in game... :bowdown:

So, between 2 sessions on Grand Valley this afternoon, I've started to select and apply liveries to my favourites cars (meaning, the cars I drive the most and cars which I won TTs).
Because a livery is something special, I'll explain you why I've selected these exact liveries and not any others.

Let's start with the Ford Roadster '32.

1709050055742.png

For this one, I've chosen this wonderful "Road Runner" livery for these reasons:
  • I really have fun with this car on Grand Valley TT and this cartoon is also a symbol of fun.
  • Grand Valley is close as the landscape of the cartoon (Willow Springs would have been much better)
  • it's also a wink to my friend @smoothbore12 who renamed me "Rattlesnake"

The second example is the Mustang GT 350 I've used on Deep Forest TT.

1709050724011.png

I've selected this awesome "Red Dead Redemption" livery and I'll explain you why:
  • I've spent many hours playing Arthur Morgan and exploring these wild territories with my beloved co-pilot in life. This game is fabulous and this livery is my tribute.
  • Mustang is a famous pony car named by the wild horse. And if you've played this game, you know there are many in RDRII ;)

Last one for today: the Audi TTs

1709051411929.png

There are tons of liveries available in game but I've selected this one for a very particular reason.
I've golded my first TT on Tsukuba with this Audi TTS and this "Tsukuba circuit" livery was just obvious for me.

Final word: if you select a livery, chose wisely :)

This message is also a perfect opportunity for me to sincerely thank all the awesome livery designers because without them, our cars would be terribly bland. Kudos guys, you have my eternal gratitude!

I am saving up for 3 cars with a tight time limit to buy them all - the Porsche 917K (which should drop back into the LCD any day now...), the Lamborghini Veneno (which I don't really want, but I currently have an invite for it) and the Ferrari F50 (again, don't really want it, but it's in the LCD now and I would like to get it while it's available). All told, that's about 25,500,000 Cr. :ill: I'm currently on 20 million with 3 million due thanks to the TTs, and I planned to win the rest with WC and DM tickets, plus regular game play - so it's not a good week to miss out on WC tickets :ouch:

As such, I did one of the three remaining Human Comedy races tonight - the Alsace race with 460 PP historic cars, and won it comfortably with a one stop strategy. It's really not my favourite track, but it was a pretty enjoyable race and a good way to earn 1.2 million without too much trouble!

I am saving up for 3 cars with a tight time limit to buy them all - the Porsche 917K (which should drop back into the LCD any day now...), the Lamborghini Veneno (which I don't really want, but I currently have an invite for it) and the Ferrari F50 (again, don't really want it, but it's in the LCD now and I would like to get it while it's available). All told, that's about 25,500,000 Cr. :ill: I'm currently on 20 million with 3 million due thanks to the TTs, and I planned to win the rest with WC and DM tickets, plus regular game play - so it's not a good week to miss out on WC tickets :ouch:
Lucky you, Cr. 25.000.000 is a reasonnable amount :dopey:
I have 3 LCD cars to buy in March for Cr. 58.000.000... and unfortunately, I'm not rich as @smoothbore12 :boggled:
The next update with the Renault 4L is planned for Thursday, right?

As such, I did one of the three remaining Human Comedy races tonight - the Alsace race with 460 PP historic cars, and won it comfortably with a one stop strategy. It's really not my favourite track, but it was a pretty enjoyable race and a good way to earn 1.2 million without too much trouble!
What car did you drove for Alsace mission 1hr?
As far as I remember, it's one of the less difficult of the Human Comedy.

Today I started Spa 1hr in a Jaguar XJR9 just forgot to buy any rain tyres, got to the pits at 26mins in a night time rain storm for my first stop, no rain tyres. Bollocks. Slid off the track twice in the space of half a lap having come out of the pits, quit the race. No time to go again, could have done LeMan or Spa before needing to go out but didn't fancy it. Bought tyres for the Jaguar, that is going back to Spa soon. Daily wheel gave me 500k :)

Thanks to @jrbabbitt who " discover " this one ,i took my LM55 gr1 at SPA one hour race .
The only differences is that this time i set level of difficulty at normal .
Could this configuration at 700pp tune win the race without a stop ?

The AI was way faster than me and even after their first stop i was way back at last places, i was trying to clock between 2.31-2.33 much or less trying saving some fuels also .
I was disappointed, thinking that there's no way but i keep going at my tempo .
Wasn't encouraging at all being in 18 place at 8 lap 😂

Close to the half of the race a heavy rain hit the track and in a few laps find my self at spot one with around 30 seconds lead and realise that the AI had almost the same pace with me on their rain tyres.

The track was start to drying and the " dance " of pitstops started for the AI while i was able to be back at 2.33-4 laps even on tyres with enough wear.

At the end i was around 1.25 in front but didn't skip the last 24 lap since i had the fuel to do it and didn't want surprises and was only one minute left to end the timer .

Verdict, its doable at normal mod but....but only if it rains, otherwise there's no chance since the AI are way faster each lap , enough recover their pitstops.

Today I bought a bunch of cars. The Ferrari 512 BB in Rosso Chiaro, the Jaguar XJ220 and a Porsche 959 '87.

Also engine swapped the Alpine A110, made a 10 minutes livery for it and put it to test.
0aacf78733c890fbcd96f7294326caac_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Tuned as seen here:

Last edited:
Back