What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,627 comments
As is tradition for me in GT games, I went and won a race driving backwards... plenty of cars can do it but I really wanted that little Fiat to make it!

There's some progression to be made only going backwards in the menus, so I'll be testing that too :lol: both sunday cups and the first championship so far are doable.

On the Plus account, I used the Silvia S15 I overbuilt for Silvia Sisters to do a no-stop Tokyo Race (on FM 3). The all-cash 3-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr., but it still was enough to get the freshly-arrived 300 SL Coupe out of Hagerty's and the VW ID.R.

On the GTP account, I managed to make an engine-swapped 2003 M3 work despite having to change tires on lap 8. The all-cash 3-star Wheel of Depsair gave the lowest-possible/low-showing 5,000 Cr.

@mcsqueegy, to quote Darth Vader. "Impressive. Most impressive."

Last edited:
18464916fe549-screenshotUrl.jpg

1846491969f18-screenshotUrl.jpg

Screenshot_20221110_195215.jpg

Got a couple of laps in of the Time Trial. Only managed Bronze which is usual for me.

Tried to gold a few more circuit experiences but no luck today. (Need about 2.5m CR for the Ford MK1)

Decided to have a crack at Daily Race B. Got in a quali lap that got me into 4th. Did my best to avoid to carnage at T1 but still copped a clip, but came out of it in 3rd.

Thank **** for the games auto drive in sport mode.

For some reason my TV blacked out coming up to the last corner on the last lap so quickly hit pause so I didn't crash while I quickly fix it. Lost about 2 seconds but had a big enough buffer to hold on.

Last edited:
Well today I ran a race at Le Mans as usual and game decieded it was gonna make me rage quit after I had done enough miles to see a 3 star ticket I won't bother opening.

I really dislike one part of GT7's race experience and that is when it applies the rain monsoon which it did on Lap 3 but the track simply wasn't wet enough to warrant a change of tyres so I kept going because i knew the dry line would appear on Lap 4 so I carried on and that was okay then Lap 6 going into the straight the game suddenly decided 'Oh your on slick tyres' track is wet so it made me slide into the wall and spin.

I really dislike how it just randomly throws the car sometimes even tho your on the dry part of the track.

I also noticed for some reason the game really dislikes changing gear in AT when the car is suppodesly not setup correctly (ie dry tyres when it wants wets), I know MT overcomes that but surely your control of the car and overall speed/gear shouldn't be restricted in this way when driving AT on a wet track?

Last edited:
Got gold for all licenses.

FYI, launched the game only 2 times before that.
Congratulations man! I'm hoping i''l get to that point soon. So far I have acquired all gold in the A and B licenses. I have 32 gold, 10 silver and 8 bronze. The super license is harder to achieve gold cause you can't go off track or hit the wall otherwise you'll get disqualified.

Congratulations man! I'm hoping i''l get to that point soon. So far I have acquired all gold in the A and B licenses. I have 32 gold, 10 silver and 8 bronze. The super license is harder to achieve gold cause you can't go off track or hit the wall otherwise you'll get disqualified.
Thank you. Hopefully you get them all.
The hardest one is the last of the super license.
Do you use a controller or wheel?

Thank you. Hopefully you get them all.
The hardest one is the last of the super license.
Do you use a controller or wheel?
I normally use the controller. What are you using, the wheel? Is the S-10 a wet course, it's looks to me like it is.

Last edited:
I use a wheel. I recommend doing the same if you can.

Yes, it is a wet course. A part of the track is dry and you have to stay on it because the car is unpredictable on the wet.

The daily workout which got me a 4 star ticket and a lame 10k.

Then i took a few pictures of the p1 gtr.

Then i did a race to build up my credits got to be ready for whenever the f1 shows up.

On the GTP account, I used the Corvette Gr.4 in an odd-weather race (1 1/2 races, actually). The first round of rain started near the end of lap 2, when the backmarkers and I (well ahead of them) came down for rain tires. On the aborted run, both the backmarkers and I took intermediates (for the most part; at least 1 took full wets), and I spun in the first chicane and rammed other spinning cars on the out lap. On the successful run, I took full wets (with the backmarkers taking intermediates again), and made it to the Corvette Curves before spinning and slamming the wall. I carried on as I still had the lead, pitted on lap 5 for intermediates as the second band of rain fell, and pushed on to a a laugher of a 7-laps-required win.

The insulting 3-star Wheel of Despair gave the usual low-showing 10,000 Cr. At least I got my 250,000 Cr. for bronzing the old online time trial, and none of the 8-figure Hagerty's cars are in stock yet.

On the Plus account, I tried the Audi TT Cup at Sarthe. It might be fast enough to do a dry 1-stop race, but it wasn't dry. The rain started a bit later, which meant I was the only one on rain tires (full wets, knowing that the rain affects FF cars more than RWD ones) to start lap 3. I caught the field on that lap as the front-runners were pitting, and probably could have parked at the end of lap 6 instead of coming down for a splash of fuel and RH tires as, thanks to not-ideal pit strategy, the rest of the field couldn't quite make 6 laps. I couldn't take that chance, however, and did a full 7 laps.

The insulting 4-star Wheel of Despair spat out the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. I'm over 23,000,000 Cr. short of being able to afford the next-cheapest Brand Central car (one of the four 3,000,000 Cr. cars) and all of the Hagerty's cars that I don't have that are cheaper or the same price, or even both of those that are currently in Hagerty's, but I could afford one of them. As the Sauber has been in there longer, and the GT-R GT500 just got in there last night, I grabbed the Sauber.

Having not logged on for a few weeks (been focusing on other things) I decided to do more work on getting used to using a wheel rather than controller. Went for the Sardegna WT800 grind with manual gears. On controller (automatic) I normally set a fastest lap of mid 1:41 with fuel map 1 in the last few laps. Through the race I was averaging 1:43 on fuel map 4, but on the last lap with fuel map 1 I managed to crack a high 1:39. Felt good.

Then I learned that PD haven't fixed the day-light savings roulette ticket glitch, so instead of getting ~750,000 credits + 5,000 credits, I only got ~750,000 credits for my efforts.

Last edited:
Today i found out im genuinely slow on Monza. Cant get daily b to work for me, even with the OP Supra. Also did sardegna with the sauber for an easy win, and Sarthe with a porsche also for an easy win

So far.

1 x Spa 1 hour race. Easily won in the LM55 without having to get off RH tyres (2 pit for fresh tyres) due to only having about 1 minute of very slight rain.

Autopolis, Fuji, Suzuka and High Speed Ring circuit experiences all gold.

Update: Nurburgring GP and all 3 Willow Springs CE's done.

Last edited:
Big money races at Sardegna,Tokyo and Lemans, now at 90milion cr waiting for 3 oldest hagerty cars at 20 million, probably be at 160 million before i get them all :)

Spent a fortune tuning up a nsx 02 when it was the max -92 I needed to tune up. Had to do a redbull race with the aidi quattro pike peak which handled like crap because its supposed to work on the dirt physics. Must brake in straight line and cant turn properly. Tons of acceleration at least.

On the Plus account, it took some doing, and the odd poor showing by Portilla, but the 2017 Lexus RC F GT3 took the win at Sardegna on a 6-5-4 two-tire-stop strategy. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing 30,000 Cr., but I still had enough to get the 1999 Nissan GT-R GT500 out of Hagerty's.

On the GTP account, I took a break from saving for Hagerty's cars to buy 5 DMC DeLoreans, saving 4 for engine swap purposes. I then used the FT-1 Gr.3 for a close win, mostly because Mendoza was unusually quick. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a completely-useless Ferrari invite.

After that, I put in a little time in the online time trial and set a solid bronze time.

Bought around 20 cars from Brand Central to increase the collection just because. Only VGTs (ugh) and some race cars left to buy. Now sitting at 81 million, need 50 million more to complete it all. At the same time I think I still need more credits to buy the new cars from the monthly update.

I guess it's time to test the new cars at Le Mans while racking up some more credits lol

This week daily races were fun at the start of the week but by Thursday they have become boring. Last night I wanted to play GT7 but I found myself jumping menus to see if they was anything to do.

I decided to do some of the WTC 800 series.
Watkins Glen - Easy to win this race. Used the BRZ on medium tyres and the car was great round that track.
Catalunya - Found this hard. First race the AI divebombed me and spun me out, so reset and tried again but I couldn’t get anywhere near the leader. Found this pretty hard. Tried the BRZ on hards and it was awful to drive, jumped to the Porsche again on hards but couldn’t catch the leader. Tried on mediums and was able to close the gap but then I lose it all in the pit lane swapping tyres.
Spa - this is the 24 hour cycle with rain, in a 1 hour race. Was going ok to start with and about 20 seconds behind P1 when the rain started. I was able to pit just as the rain started and fit Inters, then the race just completely became a joke. As I exit the pits the track is now wet enough to have to be on inters, but for P1-P3 who were still on dry tyres, this wasn’t an issue for them. They were able to go quicker than me and pull out about a 10 second gap. Then the track just dips into the full wet and this causes me to aquaplane and lose more time to the leaders, yet the leader who are on inters don’t have any aquaplaning at all. Its like the AI become rain master. Ended up quitting this race after 40mins as it was clear I had no chance to win this race.

On the GTP account, I grabbed the S Barker Tourer as my first 8-figure car because I (barely) had enough credits. I then took old reliable (an R33 with an old Praiano R32 suspension/R33 transmission tune, which I think I had to modify somewhat with all the PP changes) to Tokyo for my credits and a high-lift cam shaft for the 2021 Subaru BRZ S from the result...er...insulting 3-star Wheel of Despair. I see Praiano has updated the R33 Tokyo tune, so I'll have to try that Wednesday when it's another Tokyo day.

On the Plus account, after finding the Suzuki VGT utterly useless, I retuned the Mazda Roadster Touring Car (put the SH tires back on, removed the limiters, put a medium-RPM turbo and racing intercooler in, and messed around with the transmission, yielding 587.08 PP), and had a very tight no-stop win in 27:57. In between, I claimed a Mustang engine off an engine ticket.

Last edited:
I engine-swapped the Honda Beat and did a 300 km/h power-drift around Daytona. My next goal is figuring out how to reduce the oversteer.

Bought the ts050 hybrid build my credits to 24m.

Tried the livery editor on my p1 gtr for a decent livery i say. :)

Got a 4 star ticket which gave me 30k and so i quitted the game and will save it for after the update.😫

Back