What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,621 comments
I did the WTC800 at Watkins Glen in a stock Corvette C7 Gr3 (727PP), forgetting that I didn't use this car to win the race previously, and promptly got my arse handed to me... that said, despite finishing down in 11th, I really enjoyed the race. The AI was a bit slow in places, but I couldn't get past cleanly, and I ended up having to avoid a collision heading into the 'Inner Loop' chicane, which put me onto the grass verge on the left while braking, and that was the end of that. To add insult to injury, a Yellow Flag appeared at the same time, and I passed a very slow moving car as I recovered from my own spin, only to be handed a penalty for ignoring yellow flags :ouch:

My second race was great fun - 5 lap Custom Race at Le Mans (no chicanes) at nightfall in a stock Sauber C9, Intermediate difficulty. The race came down to a tight battle between me and an AI 787B, and I passed it on the outside of the penultimate chicane, almost accidentally... watching the replay back, it looks like the most perfectly timed and well-judged pass - round the outside through a chicane, but with zero contact and not even touching a track limit - but in reality it was almost entirely pure luck. The 787B was faster in a straight line and so regained the lead at Hunaudières, but with drafting we were never more than a car's length from each other the entire way down to Mulsanne. I stayed behind until the final pair of chicanes again, but this time my luck ran out and I ran wide at the penultimate chicane, took the lead illegally, and so dropped back and let the 787B take the win.

I did the latter race with no HUD and so I didn't know for sure that it was a race for the win, but having just the cockpit view from the C9 was great fun and very immersive - almost as immersive as any VR experience I've had thus far. Watching the replay was also great - the sound of those two cars at full tilt on the older version of Le Sarthe was amazing, and it's a great 'demo' event that I'll use when I have my mates over soon to try the game/driving rig...

Last edited:
Another Tokyo to finally be able to buy the Ford Mark IV. Now on to saving an enormous (for my standards) amount of credits to get the 2 last legendary cars.

Bought a Mustang GT '15 for the new Sport Mode TT at Laguna Seca. Tuned it a bit, to reach the min weight and power required, now it is time to set it up correctly. Shaved more than 6 seconds to my first try with the rented Mustang... Just below the bronze time. Just a bit of work and I'll get it easily (which will get back the credits and more). Breaking points not spot on yet, and car needs a better set tup.

And I hope to reach silver with more training (and maybe better tune when more knowledgeable drivers will share theirs).

What are the issues you get with the RA272?

-------------------------

I used to dislike rain during that race, but it's actually very nice. The AI is so stupid, you get a lead big enough to just wait at the finish line and still win and not have to start an 8th lap.
I got torrential rain a few times today, if which one of them resulted in only a 5 lap race. I could have done 6, but decided to slow down, so I didn't have to do a 6th 😂
I do love this track, though. If it's a full dry race I'd happily do 8 laps, but in heavy rain I prefer to do as few as possible.
My main problem was it was being tail happy. Usually I can manage that but I couldn't quite master it so I switched cars. Last night I took the C9 to Sardegna then I took the Aston Martin to LeMans. No ticket since had gotten one much earlier in the day

Did a couple more grind races. Really trying to get used to the Camaro out at Tokyo. It's a sketchy mofo. Anyway, a little more than 4M credits in the bank so I bought the remaining Gr.B cars I didn't own and am now looking at tackling Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars. Probably work on the Gr.3 cars first. Almost 300 cars in the garage now.

3 star ticket gave me a 100k gold bar which was very unexpected.

Spent a lot of time on that time trial event. This one is a little too tough for me. The best I have gotten so far is 1:33.248. I don't think that is even good enough for Bronze this time. More practice to follow I guess.

On the Plus account, it was time for the first half toughest Gr.3/Gr.4 combo, with the Peugeot RCZ. About the only good things I can say about the Gr.3 is that it is efficient enough to do a 6-5-4 strategy and that its tires can last 9 laps. I needed all that, plus Beauvois deciding early on to do a 3-stop strategy and some blocking help from the backmarking Inostroza on Portilla, to get the win in 27:11.

Darkness, my old friend, returned. The 30th 3-star Wheel of Despair of the year, out of 72 workout tickets (and 8th of 15 this month), bore a racing muffler for the 2017 Honda NSX. Guess I'm supposed to be happy it wasn't a semi-racing muffler.

On the GTP account, I collected my 250,000 Cr. for getting bronze in the expired online time trial, and decided to take a pass on the new one as it's a tuning event. Instead, I bought an Aston Martin V8 Vantage Gr.4 for this week's WRS time trial and set off to Goodwood. I didn't set the world on fire there.

For the cash, I used my trusty RH-shod Honda NSX GT500 at Sardegna. Because 2nd through 4th all pitted on their lap 14, I lapped the field. The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

The usual... Sarthe grind, with RA272. I noticed you can put slicks on it via the livery editor and it does make a difference in traction and grip. Could be in my mind too, of course, but with full slicks I get around the track in 4:05 vs 4:12 on the threaded tyres. Then again, that doesn’t matter much in this race. I’m aiming at laps of 4:20 on average to get to 7 laps +1 stop per race and finish as close as possible to 30 minutes. Most of the times I have to wait about 20 seconds at the finish line.

The ticket for the daily chore gave me a GT-R Nismo ‘17 and didn’t lowball me with the 10K credits, which was also on the wheel.

Last edited:
Ran a dozen or so TT's with the Mustang. Tough one for me. I'm about a second out of Bronze. I'll have to tune it and hopefully, I can sneak in.

Ran one LeMans with the Countach swap. Great car. Got another Porsche invite from the wheel. Blech.

No grinding for me. Worked on the TT in the Mustang. Solid silver placement but I know I have at least a second in there that I can make up. No car purchases tonight. 3 star gave me a bottle of nitrous for a Supra.

Last edited:
after a while I turned gt7, trying to do suzuka hotlap with rb x 2014 standard...aiming to beat 1:24 time...still didn't do it..but I am there..
need to fine tune the car

DID SOMEBODY GO UNDER 1:24 MAYBE SOME TIPS??

on gt sport 1:22 was possible..because car had more downforce options and there were supersoft tyres

will try to beat 1:24 ...

Spent a lot of time on that time trial event. This one is a little too tough for me. The best I have gotten so far is 1:33.248.
I've followed Mistah's tune and lap guide and I immediately went from 1:36.689 to 1:33.101 with lot of room for improvement.
Ran a dozen or so TT's with the Mustang. Tough one for me. I'm about a second out of Bronze. I'll have to tune it and hopefully, I can sneak in.
Same as above, try Mistah's tune, I find the car very efficient and not hard to drive (I've just set the ballast a bit forward, the car is not too tail happy at all).

I've begun CE on Willow Springs and fisherman's ranch to get some credits. If only we had an efficient way to know which CE we've done, with what levels. There you have to go inside CE of each circuit to see if it's done or not and if it is golded or not, very annoying.

Yesterday's 4 stars ticket landed just after the Bugatti invite I desperately need, on a useless NOS kit for a Ferrari Gr4 (which I don't have of course).

Last edited:
Did a round of LM 700 in the F50 and then another round in the 911 GT1, and 1 round of Spa 800 in the Sauber C9. After that I was about to hit the credit limit again so I figured I would grab a second 911 GT1 since I’ve always liked that car. I got a 3 star ticket that gave me an Alfa 4C Gr.3 road car which is cool I guess since I didn’t already have one. Ending the night with over 90 million credits which gives me enough for all the remaining 20 million credit cars and the 917k since I already have the Shelby Daytona and the 250 GTO.

Shaved off 3 tenths at the first Tokyo circuit experience, need to find another 7 tenths. Particularly struggling to carry speed through and out of the last corner. Alas, improving!

Ground my way to the Ferrari 500 Mondial in Tiffany blue. Achingly pretty car and a hoot to drive. Came mid table in a clubman Deep Forest grinning like a loon. Felt a little bit naughty to be racing something so darned expensive and pretty.

In the grind I tried no-stopping Sardegna in the NSX GT500. Definitely possible on FM6 but not much fun. One stopping FM2 seems to be the optimal strategy for me.

BTW, spotted one of the AI cars using its indicator (turn signal) before turning into the pits. I didn't know they did that ...

The wheel of occasional delights gave a Toyota which I already had. Quickly sold.

Did two rounds of the Sarthe grind to mess with my RX7's setup. Finally got it where I want it for that race.

Ran the Clubman Clup Plus at HSR for fun.

Got 10 grand from today's ticket. Woo.

Thought about buying the Ford Mk IV but I'm not really interested. The list of 7-figure Hagerty cars I actually want is short at this point, and priority is getting the 550 Spider to finish the last menu book I have hanging.

Last edited:
Went training at the Sport Mode TT with the Mustang on Laguna Seca.

Practice I've done, 49km... not able to string more than 2 laps without big mistake, it is so frustating... I am able to lose 1s to my time and regain it in the same lap, and not always on the same parts, sometimes I gain a good margin in the first half that I destroy in the second, other times it is the opposite. Sometimes I arrive at the last turn with a second under the time and I butcher the corner and go through the line with a few tenth more than my best time :mad:

The breaking points are good, but it is a thing to begin to break at the right spot, it is another to release the break on point too. Most laps where I go off the track is because of not enough time on the brake. And most where I sacrifice a good margin is because I brake too long.

Got a 4 stars ticket for my "efforts" which gave me a Civic Type R '20 (which I already had).
Also bought the Murcielago at UCD which was the only car I did not have from the selection available at UCD today.
Sold some cars too, I am back at 4M, but the road is long for the next legendary of three for the trophy.

Clear menu 41 after buying the mazda VGT and did my usual griding race with my nissan .
First run and for the first time torrential rain hit for about 2.5 laps !!!!!
This lead to a 30 minutes race with lapping everyone till place 7 !!!
I save the vid to watch it later cause i really wonder what the .... happens to the AI .
I went through a disaster but didn't realise well what happens, except that i hit one NSX badly witch closed my way in the middle of the track.
2 more runs follow and yea , i surpass my self breaking the 4.23 barrier.
I love that car even with that ridiculous top speed for that race.

By the way i get 2 invitations,one for the Porsche gt4 and one for Veneno Lamborghini.
What should i choose ? or maybe both of them?

I’m learning how to drift on my Thrustmaster T150 Pro! Today I got the adapter to use my TH8A shifter and my clutch pedal. Been getting used to true manual drifting on Suzuka East.

Did a few races and made a couple of liveries that were replicating the racing modification of the BMW 328Ci from Gran Turismo 2 using the '03 M3 as a base.

Clear menu 41 after buying the mazda VGT and did my usual griding race with my nissan .
First run and for the first time torrential rain hit for about 2.5 laps !!!!!
This lead to a 30 minutes race with lapping everyone till place 7 !!!
I save the vid to watch it later cause i really wonder what the .... happens to the AI .
I went through a disaster but didn't realise well what happens, except that i hit one NSX badly witch closed my way in the middle of the track.
2 more runs follow and yea , i surpass my self breaking the 4.23 barrier.
I love that car even with that ridiculous top speed for that race.

By the way i get 2 invitations,one for the Porsche gt4 and one for Veneno Lamborghini.
What should i choose ? or maybe both of them?

I personally wouldn’t waste money on the Veneno unless it’s a car you really want or are trying to collect all cars in the game. After getting it myself and trying several different tunes I found that both the Huracan and Aventador are better than the Veneno. Not only are both of mine faster in time trials on various tracks, they also handle better than the Veneno. Plus they cost way less.

Had a good run in my 2013 Nismo GT3 in weekly race B that earned me a podium and a re-classification to Driver Rating B for my first time after 80+ GTSport races. Not sure if I belong in B lobbies yet but was very happy nonetheless.

Did some grind races in the BAC Mono '16 today. Sarthe is quite doable with this car. Tyre life for weeks and just one stop is needed for fuel. I think I could even do this race on one set of IM tyres and still have life in them at the end.
Have to admit, the BAC Mono is quite a nice ride. Put wide tyres on it, did a simple setup and it just works.
Got the credits just over 51M.

The daily mileage ticket got me an insulting 5K credits. Really, PD, just keep it.

On the Plus account, it took just the right kind of weather (heavy rain on lap 5, and I was the only one to put on intermediates on lap 4), but the Peugeot RCZ Gr.4 survived a Sarthe run. The (you guessed it) 3-star Wheel of Despair (the 31st out of 73 of the year) gave a full-custom suspension for the 2019 Ferrari F8 Tributo. It could have been worse - it could have been the 2nd height-adjustable suspension for said Tributo.

On the GTP account, I ground Sarthe with the Red Bull Junior. Despite doing everything I could to lose, from being hooked by Portilla at the top of Mulsanne straight to not pitting for intermediates on either lap 4 or lap 5 and spinning in Dunlop on lap 6, it was an easy win. The (wait for it) 3-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

I finally did it :
TIMETRIAL RED BULL x2014 standard , SUZUKA 1:23,7 maybe I have 2 tenths left..if I would nail sector 1 flat out..but it's hard, hard, hard

gt sport could produce 1:22 laps..but car had more downforce and there were supersoft tyres possible

hope somebody on YT will beat that..so I can have more work to do

Back