What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,780 comments
Today was another good grind, I did some CE on good ol' Willow springs with the rubbish short layout tracks which feel that they are more setup for kart races as they are way too narrow. Then did a crappy race at Watkins Glen in my Suburuuu BRZ GT500 which was funny.

Then I moved on to tackling some of the harder Circuit Expreinces, I glad to say after like 20 intense minutes, I achieved GOLD on the Peugeot Le-mans Circuit Exprereince. Got my 1mill in credits and was over the moon and would like to share it here.

As in my previous posts, these are the settings on my run.
Dualsense controller (No wheel)
NO Line assists or HUD Assists

TCS at lv2
Clocked a time of 3:16.67

ENJOY the clip everyone.
Will try and upload and edit together later, the Onboard camera video, as this time I captured that also. :sly:

EDIT: Just added the screengrab of the completion screen, I get it may not be the fastest, but pretty decent, as some people are crazy and have done 3min 06secs on the Rankings boards.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230324205613.jpg

Last edited:
Got rid of the Drift Scapes notification that was just sitting there.
Got a stage 5 weight reduction for the Murclielago.

Did 4 custom race combos, all identical cars for 15-mins each:

1. F1500A-T @ Autopolis - Full Course
  2. Shelby GT350R ’16 @ Sainte-Croix - C Reverse
  3. Honda Beat @ Lago Maggiore - West End Reverse
  4. Ford GT ’06 @ Horse Thief Mile
Unfortunately had to revert the body and engine of the Honda back to stock to keep the AI somewhat competitive (not really).

There’s a RUF CTR3 in the used car dealership and my monkey brain wants it. Hmm.... I don’t mind selling the IsoRivolta for it.

45b0dc6a1d8a1fc606f49b73017dd014_photo.webp

A little while back I made this Barried Mazda Atenza for a "Max Power" race night. It's got all the details - every sticker is a degree or two off, it's in primer grey (with filler on the spoiler mounts, bonnet pins, and wing mirrors [sadly no "emfrees"]), window tints, "BGW" with Max Power stickers, K&N and Ripspeed stickers, the nearest wheels I could find to TSW Venomzzzzz, car bra... and it's a diesel.

With anti-lag fitted it sounds disgusting. Not the ironic, good type - straight up awful:

Anyway, it's a 570PP car, and it turns out to be an absolute weapon against 600PP AI, especially on any races where fuel economy is a thing, and I used it to mop up some of the events I've not done so far; I realised we're a year in and I've not done half the missions, licences, and nowhere close to half the races - and all the Bonus Books still stare at me.

I've been logging just over DW mileage each day (more where there's a longer race I'm checking off) and farming tickets ahead of the next update.

Last edited:
That car sounds sick, @Famine (in all senses of the word). At least it's quick. I wonder how it is against the tougher AI at the 12-lap/wet Tokyo race.

On the Plus account, I tapped the Porsche 911 RSR for Sardegna duty. I took it easy and did a 1-stop race (FM 4 on the first stint, FM 3 on the second). With a bit of help from my teammate blocking Mendoza at a critical juncture, it was a win.

The 6-star Wheel of Despair gave a Lexus VGT, which got dumped for the low, low price of 310,900 Cr. Figures that market crashed the last week.

On the GTP account, it was track car versus race cars day, specifically with the Pagani Zonda R. It was no contest - even with FM turned all the way down to 6 to allow a 6-lap/5-lap/4-lap run (and I could have squeezed 7 out of the first run), it turned sub-1:41 laps on warm tires and no traffic.

Darkne...er...the 3-star Wheel of Despair, my old "friend", returned with a vengeance. The all-cash wheel puked out the low-showing/lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

Last edited:
Did a couple of the pavement Group B races I haven't done yet.

The AI's most egregious bad driving seems to happen in these races...those cars were doing things that made no sense.

Raced the '09 Prius I bought on a whim the other day, after putting some wider Advan wheels on it.

30 grand from the wheel of doom.

Last edited:
A bit put off by the remaining circuit experiences and not enough time for a Human Comedy I just raced enough laps around Spa, Red Bull Ring and Sardegna to get DW and it spat out a Pagani invite which I've already used. Probably going for some online races in the near future to keep GT fun.

Ran more TT's,(not improving, getting burned out). Found an '03 Audi TT in the garage, tuned it and ran LeMans twice. Got 10k from the wheel.

Did some griding races and try to tune a glitch car for Tokyo ( Viper srt 10 ) and loose my credits since i couldn't make it work.
Definitely is my fault ( perhaps something in gt auto body work) cause many others run it with success.
I really hate that race ........
Reading and for the upcoming update griding is all what's left till update comes ,also i must be ready to purchase some legend cars for the neoclassical races .

Took my beginner car Mazda 2/demio diesel and tuned it to 550 PP. Won all 3 Clubman cup plus events.

There is no better game ever to this kind of things, take a bad slow car and make it a race car by buying and installing parts, and tune alltogether to work. Perfection.

1871a2af81a77-screenshotUrl.jpg
1871a2b1e5945-screenshotUrl.jpg
1871a2b39b246-screenshotUrl.jpg

Pretty good
The only problem with it is it’s way too tall compared to the other Gr.3s, so it occasionally feels like it’s rolling around like a boat in a hurricane
Read this and saw Mr White from Spectre in my head with his "kite in a hurricane" line...
ZEE
Today was another good grind, I did some CE on good ol' Willow springs with the rubbish short layout tracks which feel that they are more setup for kart races as they are way too narrow. Then did a crappy race at Watkins Glen in my Suburuuu BRZ GT500 which was funny.

Then I moved on to tackling some of the harder Circuit Expreinces, I glad to say after like 20 intense minutes, I achieved GOLD on the Peugeot Le-mans Circuit Exprereince. Got my 1mill in credits and was over the moon and would like to share it here.

As in my previous posts, these are the settings on my run.
Dualsense controller (No wheel)
NO Line assists or HUD Assists

TCS at lv2
Clocked a time of 3:16.67

ENJOY the clip everyone.
Will try and upload and edit together later, the Onboard camera video, as this time I captured that also. :sly:

EDIT: Just added the screengrab of the completion screen, I get it may not be the fastest, but pretty decent, as some people are crazy and have done 3min 06secs on the Rankings boards.

View attachment 1242454

Gold in a CE like that is a great result 👍

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Well, I "completed" the Kei car menu book using a Copen from Brand Central (need a better car to win Tokyo race though, only managed 2nd).

Then, having won the Aston Martin VGT car with my 6* ticket from book 39 the other night, this was nice for the VGT menu book that followed. 3rd in each race in the Aston as it needs more pow-er, will return at a later date with the Jaaaaaaaag.

Is it me or is the Aston VGT more "predictable " this time? I hated the handling before in GT Sport, but really enjoyed it here.

Which left me books 45 and 46 showing and nothing for 42/43/44 😂...

WTF, I think...

Got 500k credits from the VGT ticket which gave me enough to buy the Vulcan 🖖.

Bought that and jumped 3 car collection levels. And unlocked the missing menu books hoorah ...

Don't have anything suitable for Neo classical yet. Trying out the Vulcan for the Hypercar event next time 👍

On the GTP account, after weather thwarted my attempt to no-stop Sarthe with the Lamborghini Huracan Gr.4 (heavy rain from near the end of lap 2 to the end of lap 3), I three-stopped it on the same weather (full wets on lap 2, intermediates on lap 4, RH on lap 6) and came away with an easy win. The (wait for it) 3-star Wheel of Despair gave a full-custom suspension for the Megane safety car. I'm still over 3,000,000 Cr. away from the next 20,000,000-Cr. unicorn, not to mention the over-6,000,000 Cr. we'll need for next week's cars.

On the Plus account, I did no-stop an essentially-dry Sarthe with a tuned Red Bull Junior on RH tires, finishing 7 laps in 30:23 while using FM 3 to ensure I could go 8 laps. The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the 2nd-lowest-showing/lowest-legal 30,000 Cr. Only 21 more straight workouts without getting a 3-star Wheel of Despair to get the year-so-far average down to within a rounding error of the alleged 30% chance of getting one.

Last edited:
Ahhhh, nothing like the weekend to gain a lil' more ground racing around like I WISH I could IRL..
SO, let's see here.. Saturday 3/25.. (4 days since my last race.. smh.. work, ugh!)

Listening to my "Driving" playlist via U-tube..

1). Ran my BB Enzo at TM/HCP to start the day.. beat the field silly with a 9:33.. 2nd place was (Vulcan) :12 behind.. no CRB thx. to a minor wall scuff.. smh.. whatever..

2). Just had to do a retry to get that CRB.. results= again, beat the tires off the field @ 9:37 (4 seconds slower than previously, hmmmm).. 2nd place was (Vulcan) :12 behind.. got the CRB..

Picked up a 4 star for the DW.. off to the wheel of foreskin.. ahhhh, and yet another Ferrari Invite.. nice! (they gotta know it's me.. LoL)

Ferrari Invite.jpg

3). Ran a TT @ TM in the Enzo turning in a 1:48:921.. good enough for 7th overall in my top 10, but still, chasin' that 1:45 rabbit!.. I CAN NOT escape that 1:48 barrier for the life of me.. damn!

TT-Enzo-3-25-23.jpg

4). Broke out the 911 Strassenversion @ the TM/HCP.. won, even got the CRB, but for whatever reason that car just feels heavy to me.. the Vulcan was only .994 behind me, while the 3rd place car, the Veneno, was a full 20 seconds behind me.. smh.. I love that Strassen because it was my last purchase, but outside of the Porsche style cornering & tightness I felt like I was driving an SUV.. maybe i'm just spoiled with my Enzo, or maybe I just might need to tune that Strassen a notch here and a notch there..

Strassen-03-25-23.jpg

The win was nice, as was the CRB, but to have a car (the Vulcan) that close to me at the end was slightly concerning.. still much to learn..

.. like, the Enzo vs. the 911 Strassenversion.. hp/weight ratio..

Enzo: 860@ 2200 .... Strassenversion: 851@ 2600

Enzo-vs-Strassen.jpg

yup.. much to still learn.. have a good weekend gentlemen.. check ya soon!

NW.

Ahhhh, nothing like the weekend to gain a lil' more ground racing around like I WISH I could IRL..
SO, let's see here.. Saturday 3/25.. (4 days since my last race.. smh.. work, ugh!)

Listening to my "Driving" playlist via U-tube..

1). Ran my BB Enzo at TM/HCP to start the day.. beat the field silly with a 9:33.. 2nd place was (Vulcan) :12 behind.. no CRB thx. to a minor wall scuff.. smh.. whatever..

2). Just had to do a retry to get that CRB.. results= again, beat the tires off the field @ 9:37 (4 seconds slower than previously, hmmmm).. 2nd place was (Vulcan) :12 behind.. got the CRB..

Picked up a 4 star for the DW.. off to the wheel of foreskin.. ahhhh, and yet another Ferrari Invite.. nice! (they gotta know it's me.. LoL)

View attachment 1242636

3). Ran a TT @ TM in the Enzo turning in a 1:48:921.. good enough for 7th overall in my top 10, but still, chasin' that 1:45 rabbit!.. I CAN NOT escape that 1:48 barrier for the life of me.. damn!

View attachment 1242640

4). Broke out the 911 Strassenversion @ the TM/HCP.. won, even got the CRB, but for whatever reason that car just feels heavy to me.. the Vulcan was only .994 behind me, while the 3rd place car, the Veneno, was a full 20 seconds behind me.. smh.. I love that Strassen because it was my last purchase, but outside of the Porsche style cornering & tightness I felt like I was driving an SUV.. maybe i'm just spoiled with my Enzo, or maybe I just might need to tune that Strassen a notch here and a notch there..

View attachment 1242641

The win was nice, as was the CRB, but to have a car (the Vulcan) that close to me at the end was slightly concerning.. still much to learn..

.. like, the Enzo vs. the 911 Strassenversion.. hp/weight ratio..

Enzo: 860@ 2200 .... Strassenversion: 851@ 2600

View attachment 1242648

yup.. much to still learn.. have a good weekend gentlemen.. check ya soon!

NW.

So your the one taking all the Ferrari invites.:lol:

So your the one taking all the Ferrari invites.:lol:
Yeah, that made 6.. LoL.. you should see my garage..

EG: (Just the Italiano's)

IT-GARAGE.jpg

like I said above, they gotta know it's me for whatever reason.. perhaps it's the resemblance.. LoL..

twins.jpg

trust, i'm not complaining.. ok, so he has more hair than me.. & he wears a suit and I wear a t-shirt.. just sayin'.. smh..

NW.

Last edited:
I took the AMG to Tokyo had 10 superb laps then I lost focus and the CRB in the last 2 laps my wife was knocked out so I can't blame her 🤣. Next I took the Aston Martin VGT to Lemans. Got a lot of rain around lap 5 so I had to make a 2 pitstop to get wets finished from there. I went the LCD to window shop. Then to UCD to buy some dupes. I think I bought my 9th Cappuccino and like my 8th Copen and some other cars. We need he AZ-1 in the game. Anyway I applied my livery I made for the 962 to the 2nd one I bought. I made a few changes to the livery like changing the number and a few more sponsors then I went to Scapes and took a picture of both cars.

Today marks 1 week since I bought the 5 F1s and went down to 23k.:lol: But after a week of alot of miles I got my credits back to 60M and with 0 of my cars sold. :sly:

Last edited:
Ran some laps in the Puegot VGT around Fuji Speedway (Full), Trial Mountain, and St Croix C Reverse for Monday night racing. In total only ran around 81 miles but that was all I can handle with this car.

12 laps on the TT, no improvement, some big bottles, I think I've catched the good way to pass the turn at the bottom of the hill before the corkscrew.

4* ticket -> 10k 💩

sheeeesh, that' just str8 ridiculous!.. LoL.. 60M from 23k in a week!.. do tell, how the hell did you pull that off ?? .. you gotta be on vacation, or unemployed.. 60M!!!!.. smh..

NW.
I play alot 2 hours in the morning 2 hours in the afternoon and alot at night till like 1230am after I get my ticket stuff.

Plus I'm not really playing anything else so I have alot of time for GT7.

Ran the Spa 1-Hour for the second time ever. It’s actually a fun event and on a track I like (so, the opposite of the Tokyo 600) but I just never feel like lapping the same track for a whole hour.

The AI was oddly bloodthirsty- I had to restart the race from the first lap a couple times because they knocked me out on straightaways.

Got 10 grand from the wheel of 💩

Ran LeMans 3x with the SC430 GT500 to fine tune the LSD settings and trans gearing for it. Got 2 bone dry races back to back. The wet race ended with one of my highest win margins there to date, 3min 40sec.
Account is over 40M Cr. now just waiting on the update this week…or one of the LCD cars I haven’t bought yet because I don’t really want or think I’ll ever use.
Roulette landed on an engine but it was another 787B which I still have 20 something of from the bonanza so saving for after the update in hopes it’s updated to something good.

Grinding to atleast $10,000,000 for the upcoming update though I am thinking about selling my 917 for the McLaren F1 as while the 917 is a neat car it's more of a novelty at best. I am currently at just over $6,000,000 so far but know I will need atleast $10,000,000 as I will buy atleast 2 DTM Audi and 2-3 Porsche 959s for custom races.

Grinding to atleast $10,000,000 for the upcoming update though I am thinking about selling my 917 for the McLaren F1 as while the 917 is a neat car it's more of a novelty at best. I am currently at just over $6,000,000 so far but know I will need atleast $10,000,000 as I will buy atleast 2 DTM Audi and 2-3 Porsche 959s for custom races.
Agreed about the 917. If I had known the 917 handles this bad I would’ve never purchased it. I just assumed the wet conditions in the license test you use it on was the cause…nope, PD just made this car extremely prone to breaking loose and spinning out, way more than even the other cars similar to it from it’s time. I’ve tried many different tunes for it that claim to make it a decent car and none of them make it feel like a car capable of handling well consistently around a track. Even at TCS5 it’s pretty bad. It’s nothing more than a cool sounding trophy car in my garage.

The McLaren F1 on the other hand is a very fun drive at any PP you can tune it to.

Finished the Hyperdrive menu book with the Vulcan which was a turd at handling in GTS but is now a dreamy handling car in GT7 🤔 .

Which only leaves me the Neo and "GR1" menu books to do. Neither of which I have cars for yet, soooo I've started working through races not included in menu books.

An eventful GR.B race at Tokyo in the Quattro
First try at Fuel 1, 1 stop, finished 11th...
Second go, stuck it on fuel 6 and didn't pit...

The AI went for tires when it rained I think (suddenly I was in 1st place 😂).

Ran out of fuel half way round final lap and doing about 50mph in the tunnel 2 corners from end. Went round the final corner at about 30mph blocking off the AI.

Crawled over the line somehow in first place... 😂

I hate fuel/tire strategy stuff, I want to be the driver not the pit team.

For now, I'm planning to do all the races EXCEPT FOR "the big 4" money makers, and do the CEs and missions.

As a test of how far you can get now in GT7 without grinding.

On the GTP account, it was another ho-hum day at the Sardegna office with the RH-shod Honda NSX GT500.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair was also ho-hum, giving up yet another Toyota 86 GT"Limited". If only it appeared before I bought multiples for future engine purposes,.... Still, I hung onto it for tuning purposes, and as I still don't have 20,000,000 Cr., and I have the Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B on the Plus account, I ignored it.

On the Plus account, I grabbed the Lexus SC430 GT500 for the Sardegna grind. It is a far nicer drive than the heavier NSX - there is absolutely no worry on fuel, and the RM tire degradation is manageable enough that it lasts 8 laps.

The second straight-up 6-star Wheel of Despair in 3 days (and, counting an engine 6-star, the third this month) spewed out the Toyota FT-1. As I already had one, and there's no irreversible tuning for it, I dumped it for the "princely" sum of 188,370 Cr., which is the highest it's been in the last 2 weeks. Two 6-stars, and not even 500,000 Cr. to show for it after dumping both cars. At least I didn't wait to dump the Lexus the other day - it dropped over 20,000 Cr the last 2 days. If I had more patience, it might have come back to near the 567,130 Cr. it was 2 weeks ago.

Back