What do you think is the "official" stance on duping? Pasta.

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 92 comments
  • 5,145 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I missed the part where I asked if there is a moral penalty, it must have been my other personality. Can you link me to it so I can see what he wrote?

Haha.. It's in your own thread title man.. 'Just a moral penalty?'
 
The title of this thread would easily make people think that's what it is about. If you want people to stop making comments, maybe change the thread title from " What do you think is the "official" stance on duping? Just a moral penalty?" ??

Just a thought....

Ok I know what you're saying, but the way I intented is reffering to the fact the is no downside to duping, Just a moral penalty, if one exists at all indicating that there's not much to it since its a game.

I guess you guys interepted it as, Guys I am having a crisis deciding if Its ok in the eyes of the lord if should dupe or not, its just tearning me apart and I need emotional support. I must to go to confession!
 
Haha.. It's in your own thread title man.. 'Just a moral penalty?'

LOL. Well Im not denying communication is a two way street, but trust me it was not intended in the way you guys are interpreting it.

I guess its easier to change it than to explain it.

Fixed :D
 
The new title still indicates that you have a very definite opinion of it.
Perhaps it's just the wording?
 
I think the op has bigger issues rather than determining the "morality of duping" in this video game.
 
I dupe and eat pasta at the same time.
 
Another thread where the OP gets attacked.
I hope there isn't anything that stops duping.
And it doesn't affect anyone whilst there are more pressing issues with GT5.
PD will have to prioritise what is important and what isn't.
If they stop duping, more people will complain about the grind needed.
 
The new title still indicates that you have a very definite opinion of it.
Perhaps it's just the wording?

Lol I dunno, maybe. But I have to say I find the replies weird. You guys seem to love to fixate on a word which has nothing to do with the point of the thread or the question I asked. :scared:

I just wanted to know if anyone thinks or has heard of any workaround/penalties etc for duping.

I really wouldnt care about your opinions on the morality of it. I just added that word to the title to fill the space. In other words, it was meant to be taken as "is there really nothing more to this than a moral issue." e.g take 10 bans you from xbox live for doing a similar thing

You add one triger word and it breaks half the peoples brains that replied on here...
 
Last edited:
Hey man, if morality isn't part of the debate, it shouldn't have been in the title :)
It would've avoided problems.

People are bothered by it because some the more puritanical amongst us claim that duping is an indicator of dishonesty and a lack of morals in real life which is an obviously ridiculous argument.
 
One thing is for sure - if the game had more enjoyable a-spec events - most people wouldnt be duping - and the OP would be playing it instead of wanting to know what will happen to others that dont play it the way he does.
 
One thing is for sure - if the game had more enjoyable a-spec events - most people wouldnt be duping - and the OP would be playing it instead of wanting to know what will happen to others that dont play it the way he does.

Definitely 👍
I wish A-Spec had the same number of laps as B-Spec. Or even more.
 
You add one triger word and it breaks half the peoples brains that replied on here...

When you post "Just a moral penalty?" as a question in your thread title, you can't seriously be so confused with the replies you received. Are you drunk, or high, or what?? I don't get it.
 
Last edited:
They either get rid of it totally or they don't. But implementing penalties is too ridiculous. How could they possibly treat everyone on a case by case basis? I'm sure PD does not care if the customer is morally correct its all about selling copies of games.

I read that GT5 has already sold upwards of 5.5M copies. The majority of GT5 owners do not know how to dupe and they do not know what GTPlanet is. PD should be concerned with appeasing the entire customer base, not just the online community.
 
Have I been duped?

Hard to tell when I do not know what 'duping' is in the GT5 discussion :dunce:
 
Have I been duped?

Hard to tell when I do not know what 'duping' is in the GT5 discussion :dunce:

Duping is when someone sends you a car but has recovered it by making use of the fact that you can back up saves.
For example I would send you car, but I want the car too so would recover my previous save.
 
alot of people dont care its only a game. does it effect you?
 
Hey man, if morality isn't part of the debate, it shouldn't have been in the title :)
It would've avoided problems.

People are bothered by it because some the more puritanical amongst us claim that duping is an indicator of dishonesty and a lack of morals in real life which is an obviously ridiculous argument.

Lol yea It would have avoided the problem, But I didnt expect it to mess up the replies so much lol.
Like I said it was added as a filler, and I've explained what it meant to convey a few times.

But that aside, the first post was pretty clear IMO. I mean a title is meant to give you a rough idea of the topic of conversation, and then the actual post contains the real informatiion your supposed to reply to.

If people replied to the post instead of the title there wouldn't have been a problem either.

So on Gt planet, you're suppose to just read the title and reply to that? Maybe we should make it like twitter, and limit the threads to a title only :)
 
Lol, you should've expected it.

Anyway, now that we're clear, lets move on. Yaaay!
 
Damn... they got all the skylines!

💡 PD PR: Worry not, were realeasing 200 more through DLC... Evil Laugh.
 
Thanks for the explanation 👍; no longer feel duped :)
 
Don't be ridiculous Mario.. PD doesn't have a PR dept.
 
When you post "Just a moral penalty?" as a question in your thread title, you can't seriously be so confused with the replies you received. Are you drunk, or high, or what?? I don't get it.

I could say the same. I'm thinking people cant seriously be so off put by that title...but it happened. And i think guys are STILL posting things like "dude its a just a game etc...

When I posted, just a moral penalty, it was pretty much a rhetorical question. I never seriously expected people to think I was seeking judgement on whether it is right or wrong.

Like I said, to me the title was meant to read. "Are there really no ACTUAL penalities for duping, just a, hahaha, "moral" penalty, sorry made myself laugh there
"

Anyway the point is even if you guys for some reason HAVE to take every word in a title point blank, dont you readt the actual POST first, so you can know what is really being asked, you know, just in the bizzare case you may not get the full picture from just the title?...👍

They either get rid of it totally or they don't. But implementing penalties is too ridiculous. How could they possibly treat everyone on a case by case basis? I'm sure PD does not care if the customer is morally correct its all about selling copies of games.

..Youre just guessing lol!

Turn 10 did this same thign with forza. Did you go on their boards saying, how could they possibly track what people on a case by case basis.
I dont see how it is a unreasnable question to ask.

The point is they probably could if they wanted to. Its like saying Well I'll just use my cell phone as much as I want and shouldnt have to pay a lot, how could they possibly track phone usage on a case by case basis!
 
Last edited:
I could say the same. I'm thinking people cant seriously be so off put by that title...but it happened. And i think guys are STILL posting things like "dude its a just a game etc...

When I posted, just a moral penalty, it was pretty much a rhetorical question. I never seriously expected people to think I was seeking judgement on whether it is right or wrong.

Like I said, to me the title was meant to read. "Are there really no ACTUAL penalities for duping, just a, hahaha, "moral" penalty, sorry made myself laugh there
"

Anyway the point is even if you guys for some reason HAVE to take every word in a title point blank, dont you readt the actual POST first, so you can know what is really being asked, you know, just in the bizzare case you may not get the full picture from just the title?...👍

and people are still posting on here saying **** like "its just a game"

Here is your first post, I've highlighted what I took as you questioning whether or not you should dupe.
I've been wondering, do you think SCE or PD will ever implement any kind of penalty (even on the form of lack of reward) for people who are duping?

All trading, which the duping relies on, is done online.

I'm sure they could easily keep track of all the traffic and compare it to your garage to know who the dupers are. But are they? And will they ever?


The reason I ask, is I feel ike the next update in the coming week will put a stop to all the duping, and to be honest, seeing so many people here and almost everyone on my psn duping it up and making me offers, I kind of feel like a bit of an idiot for staying genuine.

I mean at frist I was against it, but now after seeing just how tedious GT5 becomes I dont really care anymore.

So I was thinking, if there are not going to be any penalties for duping, I might as well do it before the new pacth comes.

At least a few times on a few cars just so I can get some extra cars I dont have instead of having to grind.


Do you guys think there will ever be a penalty? Seems unlikely.

Add to that, the question of a "moral penalty" in your original title, and the confusion is clear. You sound like you're having an internal argument with yourself whether you should dupe or not!

Please stop contradicting yourself.
 
Here is your first post, I've highlighted what I took as you questioning whether or not you should dupe.


Add to that, the question of a "moral penalty" in your original title, and the confusion is clear. You sound like you're having an internal argument with yourself whether you should dupe or not!

Please stop contradicting yourself.



Please stop assuming things without confirming them from me in the first place. You've just misunderstood.

I'm not saying It was well written or clear but I am not contradicting myself.
If you seriusly think I wasn't sure whether, to dupe or not for moral reasons, so I made a thread asking people about in an indirect way, then I got cold feet and decided to deny it 15 minutes later, and in the meantime am having an internal dilema about whether its moralily right and wrong but at the same time am afraid to come out of the moral closet, then....youre an idiot.

I'll explain it one last time below'

xSNAKEx View Post
I've been wondering, do you think SCE or PD will ever implement any kind of penalty (even on the form of lack of reward) for people who are duping?

All trading, which the duping relies on, is done online.

I'm sure they could easily keep track of all the traffic and compare it to your garage to know who the dupers are. But are they? And will they ever?


The reason I ask, is I feel ike the next update in the coming week will put a stop to all the duping, and to be honest, seeing so many people here and almost everyone on my psn duping it up and making me offers, I kind of feel like a bit of an idiot for staying genuine. Because seeminlgly there is no reason not to. i.e there are no ACTUAL penalties

I mean at frist I was against itBecause it ruins the enjoyment of getting the cars yourself and the way the game intedned it, but now after seeing just how tedious GT5 becomes I dont really care anymorebecause its been stupidly programmed to require insane amount of grinding and searching UCD which I am not enjoying.

So I was thinking, if there are not going to be any penalties for duping, I might as well do it before the new pacth comes. Because I may not have a chance to afterwards

At least a few times on a few cars just so I can get some extra cars I dont have instead of having to grind.So I at least make some use of duping

Do you guys think there will ever be a penalty? Seems unlikely.""

Wow its amazing how you have more of an insight into what someone means than the person who wrote it! You're like some kind of xSNAKEx whisperer.
 
Last edited:
PD Solution to Duping

2ajsyft.jpg
 
Please stop assuming things without confirming them from me in the first place. You've just misunderstood.

I'm not saying It was well written or clear but I am not contradicting myself.
If you seriusly think I wasn't sure whether, to dupe or not for moral reasons, so I made a thread asking people about in an indirect way, then I got cold feet and decided to deny it 15 minutes later, and in the meantime am having an internal dilema about whether its moralily right and wrong but at the same time am afraid to come out of the moral closet, then....youre an idiot.

I'll explain it one last time below'


Now you're going to resort to name calling?? How about you just say what you mean? Im obviously not the only person here who took it that way.

Please learn how to write things more clearly and people wont be confused by it. I myself wasn't that thrown off by it, but more aggravated with the fact that you were so frustrated with the confusion from your half arsed post. 👎
 
I have been thinking about making a general trading thread for people who don't dupe. Would anyone be interested? You could post your non duped cars in there and have a general expectation of receiving non duped cars in return.
 
And maybe get scamed once or twice - a smal price to pay for non dupers :D
 
Time_Attack.. Why bother? Why lose a car to gain one?
Trading isn't a feature of the game.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back