What do you think is the "official" stance on duping? Pasta.

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 92 comments
  • 5,145 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't accept a trade where you send first to a person with only 2 posts who just joined yesterday. I'll never send first unless the other person is an established member.

Time_Attack.. Why bother? Why lose a car to gain one?
Trading isn't a feature of the game.

That was stupid.
 
PD Solution to Duping

2ajsyft.jpg

Sure. You bought it once. Now buy it a second time. Not a chance.

But for *NEW* content, absolutely.
 
That was stupid.

Trading is as much part of the game as it is duping - its not stupid -its the truth.
If trading was meant to be a part of the game you wouldnt get scammed and it wouldnt be called gift it would be called trade.
 
Trading isn't a feature of the game.

They should definitely add a trading system like the one found in Pokemon.

Imagine the possibility of opening your own car dealership online where you could have 20 cars and put your list of wanted cars.
 
I don't think they realized how big a problem this would be. If they had they wouldn't have made such a broken game. Trading has always been in GT but now with the online feature add scum bags have found out how to cheat the game instead of working for it.
 
Sure. You bought it once. Now buy it a second time. Not a chance.

But for *NEW* content, absolutely.

This was just a joke and all those models are not in the game, they are the rare 2011 models...Miata, RX-8 and Skyline
 
Now I will finally answer the thread (title) properly.
What do you think is the "official" stance on duping?
The official stence is that duping is suported by PD - if that wasnt the case there wouldnt be 50 skylines in the game :D
 
I'm just upset about it because its impossible to trade straight up car for car with out glitching. I have bought several cars from the UCD thinking I could trade them but as it seems people would rather dupe cars than be honest and trade straight up. It seems like 9 out of 10 threads are about some bullcrap X1 and I can never even find what I'm looking for either. I don't really care if you dupe cars for yourself I just wish it was kept offline and off GTP.
 
I'm just upset about it because its impossible to trade straight up car for car with out glitching. I have bought several cars from the UCD thinking I could trade them but as it seems people would rather dupe cars than be honest and trade straight up. It seems like 9 out of 10 threads are about some bullcrap X1 and I can never even find what I'm looking for either. I don't really care if you dupe cars for yourself I just wish it was kept offline and off GTP.

Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?
There is no one else here so you must be talking to me...*

I dont trade... (only traded 2 times actually)

*...and Im also kidding no need to be upset
 
So what do you think PD's stance is?

Personally, I don't think they care as long as people are playing the game.
It's not like car stats are being hacked to give people an ACTUAL advantage is it? If that happened, I'd expect PD to Shatner chop the crap out of something.
 
I'm just upset about it because its impossible to trade straight up car for car with out glitching. I have bought several cars from the UCD thinking I could trade them but as it seems people would rather dupe cars than be honest and trade straight up. It seems like 9 out of 10 threads are about some bullcrap X1 and I can never even find what I'm looking for either. I don't really care if you dupe cars for yourself I just wish it was kept offline and off GTP.

Like previously said there is no trading, only gifting. If you give a car to someone how can you complain. I personally have in my file all cars and about 93% of them were obtain legit. I condone duping now because it took me forever to send cars from my 15 sec accounts. I went through more than 2000 days to find HSC Concept 2004 and it never appeared so I did the B-Day glitch and ask myself how could I have been so stupid to go through 2000 days.
 
So what do you think PD's stance is?

Personally, I don't think they care as long as people are Buying the game.

Fixed it for you ;)
 
Well, yeah.. There's that as well ;)
 
..Youre just guessing lol!

Turn 10 did this same thign with forza. Did you go on their boards saying, how could they possibly track what people on a case by case basis.
I dont see how it is a unreasnable question to ask.

The point is they probably could if they wanted to. Its like saying Well I'll just use my cell phone as much as I want and shouldnt have to pay a lot, how could they possibly track phone usage on a case by case basis!

Yes I am guessing, I don't think that is an unreasonable guess. In my opinion most business just want your money. Yes I'm sure they can track your IP and see you are sending cars back and forth through different accounts. But my point is why would they bother. Duping is a small problem in the grand scheme of things because realistically how many people out of 5.5M are duping. The manpower to sort through 5.5M garages some with multiple accounts seems like a waste to me. Even if they could detect a "Duped Car" what about the legit people that traded with a duper. There is no way of implementing penalties for duping. They either take it out completly or they don't.
To further my point just look at GT Academy. All they have to do is check every individual replay see who cut the grass and DQ that person. They didn't treat everyone on a case by case basis there that was only what < 50,000 minus the 1st round cut. Now imagine sorting it out between 5.5M :scared:

And the reason they track phone usage is because many plans are limited to minutes. The phone billing system was probably engineered around this principle. If video games were designed in some sort of pay-per hour system this point would stand.
 
I have been thinking about making a general trading thread for people who don't dupe. Would anyone be interested? You could post your non duped cars in there and have a general expectation of receiving non duped cars in return.

The problem you will have with this is some duper is going to get in one way or another. You can't just take peoples word your setting yourself up to get disappointed.

I apologize for the double post. ME=Noob
 
Time_Attack, There is no way you can tell if the person your trading with duped it or not. Your thread would not give you what your looking for. IMO
Back on topic.
As far as PD goes I dont think they care one way or the other. They put gifting in the game people gift. They opened a flood gate of problems with people scamming. They dont have to deal with it. You complain to PSN they do something if they so choose. PD is out of it. I dont see them stomping on all the people buying this game over trading, duping, or gifting
 
It is utterly obvious that PD's stance is against the exploit.

Trouble is, they have painted themselves into a corner technically. The game was released with a protected game save, so duping was IMPOSSIBLE. The game itself only has a 'gifting' feature, which combined with the protected game save, ensured that if you gave a car away, you no longer had it. If you bought a car, it cost you the cr. permanently.

That is irrefutably PD's INTENT...

But, being the lunkheads we know and love, they forgot that, oops! Protected game save means hosed game progress in the event of a crash. So they sit around and go "what do we do NOW?". Well, of course, not being EA, they decide that the protected game save is the worse of the two evils. And, for a game that, if GT4 were anything to go by (but apparently, it may not be), many many people would be playing it for YEARS, risking years of game progress for a protected save IS the greater of the two evils.

But what beggars belief is that PD released the game before they figured out a way to prevent what they OBVIOUSLY wanted preventing, without using a protected game save. A child of six could spot the exploits without that... Seems unbelievable no-one at PD could think at a six year old level.

So.... PD's stance is (official or not), 'You ALL wanted an unprotected save. Reap the whirlwind, mutha's!' :grumpy: Because I doubt seriously anyone at PD is sitting around pointing fingers at each other and trying to put the blame where it squarely belongs. :rolleyes:

I don't know how many of these threads the mods will let stay open, but I wish there was a thread that asked 'IF... PD added 400 new A-Spec races, with reward cars for all (but regular XP and cr, not the inflated Seasonal levels), so you COULD collect most of them by racing different races (not the same grind every time), would you STILL dupe?'

I think many would stop. I honestly believe that duping comes as a response to how idiotically the progression path was set in A-Spec. There's NO WAY to level up and get enough cash to buy all the cars without grinding. So, you are shown a piece of candy, but it is held out of arm's reach. It's bait and switch. It is unfair. At which point, most people go 'If the game's going to cheat me, I'll cheat the game'. Which puts us where we are.

If the game DIDN'T 'bait and switch' us, I honestly think a lot more people would simply prefer to RACE to collect them all than dupe. But PD won't give us that option...
 
So.... PD's stance is (official or not), 'You ALL wanted an unprotected save. Reap the whirlwind, mutha's!' :grumpy: Because I doubt seriously anyone at PD is sitting around pointing fingers at each other and trying to put the blame where it squarely belongs. :rolleyes:

:lol: Whirlwind? Oh please, it's more like a storm in a teacup. Outside of GTPlanet and maybe a few hundred staunch traditionalists...nobody cares...

And the world goes on.
 
As long as we don't get into a stupid argument over morals and such, the mods shouldn't have any reason to close this ;)

Anyway, I agree with most of what you said Destinkeys.
The severe lack of events and logical game progression is what's to blame for this situation.

Some people aren't into all that though.. Some guys just want all (or the best of) the cars just to have them.
Some want them to get online, hotlap etc without having to bother with AI..
Some just want to enjoy as many cars as possible.

Everybody wants something different. It'd be cool if some people could understand that what they want isn't what everybody else should want too.
 
I think duping pasta is great. All those countries that cant afford a simple meal can now eat properly like the rest of us. More foods should be duped. 👍
 
I only clicked into here because of the word 'pasta'.

From now on, this thread should be about duping pasta. 👍
 
The "official" stance on duping? There isn't one. In the law, the old adage is that "silence betokens consent". Have YOU heard SCEA/PD say anything about duping?

It's a known issue. It's been done for more than two months now. It's not as if they CAN'T fix it if they want to. It's that they don't care, or don't want to waste the time it would take to change it. They've instituted Seasonal Events, they've changed GT Academy - TWICE - and even scrubbed an entire round of it. Trust me, if they really wanted to change this, it would have already been done.
 
If you ask me. I think PD is asking for the duplicators because of their rediculous 1 gift per day limit.

EFing Bull Brownies!

I just found this out awaiting to get an X2010. I HATE PD NOW.
 
LOL @ this thread...:D

Let's talk about dupping Pasta...or Rissoto.:sly:
 
I think deep down inside Kaz' possition on duping cheating glitching is that he doesn't like it. Doesn't want it to happen. But officially Sony/PD's stance on the subject is "no comment"; the bottom line is all that matters, that product flies off the shelves. I don't think Sony/PD can have a position. They can't alienate anybody. Can't tell the dupers not to dupe cause they will be insulted.

The problem here is a clash of cultures. Kaz being from Japan, and raised in a Japanese society expected everybody to play GT5 like a Japanese samurai; honorable, courages, heroic and rightous. He really doesnt understand western culture, and by western., I mean American. He expected everybody to love doing the 24hrs of Le Mans 10 times to get to lvl.40, but not just 10 times but 10 times in 10 different cars. First the Toyota GT-One, then R92CP, then Sauber C9, 787B, BMW V12LMR, Viper Team Oreca, Corvette C5R, etc etc and love every single waking moment of every single lap like you are really at Le Mans in real life as a professional driver. Sorry Kaz, it's not going to happen. Don't even get me started on B-Spec; you have to constantly keep reminding a race car driver to keep driving fast?!!? Not even Forza drivers are that bad!!! And what driver starts to "loose their touch" in less than 200 races?!? My first B-Spec driving is loosing his skills and is apparently ready for retirement in less than 200 races. Hasn't Rubens Barichello driven more than 200 races in just F1, not to mention his career simply getting into F1. You cant have a 24hr b-spec race that cannot be paused, yet you need to be there for 24hrs babysitting the lamest group of drivers in motorsports history. I know in Japan they have really comfy chairs at the arcades because the players are really dedicated to finishing an entire game in one sitting using as few quarters as possbile. There is about 79hrs worth of endurance races in B-Spec, if yo use a car that matches the others in performance; thats just over 3.25 days of watching these numbskulls. How on earth could you not dupe a bunch of X1s give them away to some friends to guarantee the wins? I just lost my train of thought in my blinding hate/rage for B-Spec. I can see the idea behind B-Spec, it's suppost to be like EA's F1 manager game and all those other manager games out now but its nothing compared to them.
Kaz expected the competitors in GT academy to be on their best behavior and drive honorably respectfully and rightous. And clearly it hasnt happened.

Anyway, I[/b] have a main game file that I don't dupe or glitch with or even grind for exp or credits. I have a secondary account that I use for duping paint chips. I bought a bunch of Ferrari 599s to dupe the Rosso Scuderia paint chip. All my RM cars and most of my cars are painted Rosso Scuderia.


It's not as if they CAN'T fix it if they want to... Trust me, if they really wanted to change this, it would have already been done.

From our point of view as players it seems obvious and your statement is correct. But also look at so many of the things they left out or did wrong in the game. For example: no comfirmation when exiting a race or restarting a race. To me, to us, to everybody at GTP it seems like basic logic. But it was left out. Nobody knows why and probably nobody can begin to imagine a wild and crazy scenario where they would decide to omit it. The decisions made at PD now and days leave me with my jaw on the floor...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Duping has been going on since at least GT2, using the memory card trick. Back then you could process a lot more cars you may never get around to driving while spending all of your time duping. I don't know why duping in GT5 is such a big deal, but I guess it's new to people who are new to the franchise. To them I say, welcome, and enjoy yourselves however you'd like. It's a game, it's leisure time. Live and let live.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back