What do you think is the "official" stance on duping? Pasta.

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 92 comments
  • 5,145 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel duping makes trades useless..

What I'm trying to say is, if you worked hard for a car it has some meaning, you'll think twice before trading it...

These days you can just dupe your way to getting every car in the game. Cheating in video games like this duping shortcut to get all the good cars is actually cheating yourself from playing the game. Whats the point of paying $70 for a game if you don't actually want to play the game and just cheat your way to get the cars.

People will say they don't have the time to play for hours on end to grind and grind continuously to progress in the game. GT has online races + seasonal events so technically you are not grinding... plus give your real life priority if you don't have time.
 
It's hard to tell what the Sony/PD "official" stance is on this. Back when game data was locked from being backed up to an external source, there was literally no way to duplicate.

Now (since the 1.5 update) that you are able to back up your game saves, you could save your game file to a usb drive, send a car as a gift then restore that save so that both the gifter and the receiver now have the same car.

Because you can only send 1 car as a gift per day per account, It's only really worth it to duplicate and trade for some of the rarer, harder to find (in the UCD) or difficult to win cars.

Personally, I don't think trading in GT5 would be as alive as it is now without duping to back up it's "economy", because duping is tedious and restrictive enough to prevent frivolous trades and "free gifting", but it's not so tedious or restrictive that you can't get exactly the car you want through a trading forum like the marketplace on GTPlanet.

Basically because of duplication, there isn't a car that is so "rare" that it's not worth trading, since you never really have to "lose" the car in the trade, trading become more of I'll give you a copy of this cool car that I do have for a copy of your cool car that I don't have.

I know there are people out there who feel it's "cheating" and I admire the people who have the skill, time and patience acquire to each and every available car in the game on their own without taking advantage of the duping exploit and I'm not going to knock them for having that opinion, but personally speaking the ability to duplicate and trade in this limited way is a win/win.

There is so much potential for an in-game economic system that will liven up real trading, and reduce and/or even eliminate the need and the want for duplicating, but that would require an overhaul of the in-game economy and trading system, which is an entire discussion all to itself.
 
These days you can just dupe your way to getting every car in the game.

Cheating in video games like this duping shortcut to get all the good cars is actually cheating yourself from playing the game. Whats the point of paying $70 for a game if you don't actually want to play the game and just cheat your way to get the cars.

I did want to ask something, how can duping a car you already have get you the good cars? What I use duping for is to keep a stock copy of the car before I tune it. I still have to purchase the car I want? :confused: I'm not trying to be a jerk here I'm just asking, is there another method of duping that gets you a better car?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back