What does PD need to put its attention into next?

• Thread starter Nagaremono
  • 108 comments

PD. Get a move on. Fix this next.

• Selling - whatever form it takes

• More single player content - races, championships, etc

• Lobbies - at least as functional as GT Sport

• Sport mode - penalty system, etc

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wales
Wales
Now the great giveaway bonanza is over and we’re back to ‘normal’ (though I’d argue it’s far from normal for a traditional numbered GT title...) and PD’s patched the calliper issue and the steering wheel thing, what in your opinion should they next turn their attention to and deal with, with utmost urgency?

If only one of these things could be solved in the late July update, which would you like to see most?

Why only one? All of the above and then some.

Looks again

Oh, you make multiple selections. Well, I chose everything. As for what my "other" would be, get rid of "random" part upgrades. This isn't a looter shooter MMO, there's precisely zero reasons why any of that shouldn't be in the tuning shop or a standalone specialty dealer.

Get rid of specialty car vouchers because, again, zero reason for those to exist. Or, because the idea itself is fantastic on paper as I've said a handful of times previously, make it so they're rewards from certain races/events (in addition to the other things) that are repeatable.

I voted for lobbies, penalties, and other. Unpopular opinion, but I literally do not understand the outcry for anything else on that list.

Selling cars, why? So we can sell cars for a quarter of what they're worth? If prize cars were repeatedly winnable and sellable for credits, sure, otherwise, it's a worthless feature like the UCD.

Single player content. I hated the campaign of GT7 because the AI is slow, unsafe, and doesn't even play by the same rules as you do. The whole campaign of GT games has been starting last, bashing your way through the field of slow AI before you get bashed for not bashing, and then spending laps 2 to final lap catching the "rabbit". Some of these cars even pit on the last lap of the race with ample fuel! What is the point of this charade? Why do people want more of this?

For me, lobbies and sport mode penalties are the most pressing issues PD need to focus on as soon as possible. Entire leagues and playerbases are staying away from GT7 because of the lobbies - I know, I'm part of one. The importance of sport mode should be self evident, because it's what garners the most attention with content creators and official events.

For a driving game and a self proclaimed simulator, there are still a lot of things about the physics of the game that need looking at, chief among which are the tyre model and FFB, both of which have entire threads opened about those issues. The clutch is still an on-off switch, which makes manual gearbox cars, i.e. some of the best driving machines, slow and jerky, and the manual gearbox upgrade in the tuning shop a missed opportunity.

Aside from this, the single player side of GT7 needs an extensive overhaul to its economy and AI. Make the special parts and engine swaps attainable via hard work and talent, not via sheer, dumb luck. I can honestly say without exaggeration that I've had the most fun with any GT game in the past two weeks designing, tuning, and testing cars, all because existing options opened up to me courtesy of the bonanza. If PD can keep those options open to players while steadily adding more engines and compatible cars to receive those engines, I think they would have a low cost, low effort, easily sustainable plan to keep player retention high.

I'm not holding my breath, though. A lot of what I mentioned has been synonymous with the series for more than a decade now.

There is no one thing that needs more attention than any other. They're a big team, all of these issues should be tackled.

This is the correct answer 👍

There is NO excuse for any of these things still being a problem the best part of half a year after launch.

Single player content. GT Sport got a huge update with hundreds of solo races like two months after release. They’ve barely done anything since their apology months ago, but patch glitches and bugs people used to make credits.

It’s great if you love Sport mode, but only 15.6% of players even have the trophy for finishing one Sport race.

Single Player - it's what they said the Focus of GT7 would be.

More missions and proper events for the 400+ cars to be used at. Fill the voids (nothing for Gr.2 presently). Give us Legendary races for legendary cars. Give us unlicensed versions of Real world events. BTCC/GT500/GT300/DTM/Formula/Go-Karts. More of everything. 10 race, 15-20 lap championships. None of this Trial Mountain and Trial Mountain Reverse 2 race "Championship" malarkey.

I completely despise detune culture - Give us races for the cars to be used at appropriately. Rather than basically enabling the use of about 4 cars to cheese the entire Single Player mode.

Oh and I need the C8R GTE in my life. Make it happen PD. So many new cars in the world, yet we have much of GTS' roster!

RD_24_D_2020_068.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, everyone will have their own dream list for sure. I'd like them to make sure that there are, within reason, events for most of the cars to be used in besides custom races. Plus, I'm kind of missing Autumn Ring and AR Mini. I was quite surprised to see their omission since they are the constant of all constants, which makes me think that we'll see a new modern graphics version in in a future update.

I don’t really care much for online features or stability as it’s rare I race online. This game was made heavily geared towards single player and that’s one of the main reasons I got it. It is seriously lacking in single player content even after all these updates.
Having the ability to sell cars like in the older GT games would go a long way to correcting the games economy.
We desperately need more events for the cars we currently have available to us, however I’ll never turn down new cars, I’d much rather have more races for all these current cars that are essentially useless except for custom races that payout peanuts or no limit pp events which also payout peanuts and are for very low pp cars.

Single-player hands-down for me. Dozens of races and championships, at least a third of them being "S" tier that are actually difficult, some real 12/24hr endurance races (with a way to back-out and re-enter) and they all need to pay-out well. We also need some special/seasonal events! Like what the hell happened to those?! Where are the single-player online challenges, time-trials, and races we had in GT5/6? Those were really fun and usually quite lucrative. And they need to have tuning enabled, not that awful BoP, a system that single-handedly keeps me away from online play in GT Sport and GT7.

To explain People their Philosophy !!!

To enforce Players to play Fair and by a strict Ruleset, at least in Online Sport Mode.
Humanity NEEDS!!! rules and a harsh and strict Hand.
Otherwise they‘ll never learn.
The Online Playerbase is so small compared to the Offline Playerbase that I think that making clear and establishing a strict Penalty/Ruleset will be a benefit for every serious Online Player.
I‘m absolutely sure that I and many others who quit playing Online Sport Mode would immediately jump back if the Ruleset was clear and strict.
And of course it wouldn’t be bad if PD would give the Offline Players more possibilities to save their Custom Race specific Options same as for the Online Multiplayer Folk.
This Game could be the best Racing Game on Console with some small minor adjustments.
They could easily please both Worlds.
Without a doubt.
But somehow they don’t seem to want to do so.
There’s hope though.
There’s always hope.
To be clear, as a Company they most probably should have achieved their Main Goal.
To sell their Product.
Money has been already generated.
More than enough looking at their Sales Numbers.
Now it’s up to PD if they care about their Customers, their long and short time Supporters.
To me personally, PD is an absolute unique Developer with Kaz as the Mentor, the Guru.
The Shining Light.
He‘s the ONLY one who decides which way the GT Franchise is heading to.
Now it’s only up to him and his decision to make GT great again.
Maybe the greatest Console Racing Game ever made.
It’s up to him and his goodwill to bless us with his Philosophy and make us all appreciate GT for what it actually is, or at least should be.
The best and most authentic Driving Simulator ever 😁

Single Player - it's what they said the Focus of GT7 would be.

More missions and proper events for the 400+ cars to be used at. Fill the voids (nothing for Gr.2 presently). Give us Legendary races for legendary cars. Give us unlicensed versions of Real world events. BTCC/GT500/GT300/DTM/Formula/Go-Karts. More of everything. 10 race, 15-20 lap championships. None of this Trial Mountain and Trial Mountain Reverse 2 race "Championship" malarkey.

I completely despise detune culture - Give us races for the cars to be used at appropriately. Rather than basically enabling the use of about 4 cars to cheese the entire Single Player mode.

Oh and I need the C8R GTE in my life. Make it happen PD. So many new cars in the world, yet we have much of GTS' roster!

View attachment 1169891
We need the base C8, C8 Z07, and the GTE as well as four dozen other makes/models, both road and race, that have released over the last 6-8 years. And a Porsche 959... lol. But I still think we need the content to use all of the different classes of cars in before they focus on bringing new cars into the game. Would be nice to get everything that SHOULD have been here at launch all at once, but we all know that's not going to happen. I have strong doubts we'll be getting any big updates that brings more than a couple of cars and a few races per time, and that's just not enough to keep me interested at this stage. But one can dream...

The focus will probably be on Sports Mode. World Series Showdown starts July 29-31. Manufactures Round 1 is on July 17. Nations July 24.

There was a pattern of introducing stuff during these broadcasts so the next update may follow. We might get a hint when they announce the combos for the Showdown.

For me FFB which I find abysmal on my T300rs, In GT7 in the gt3 cars there is no fighting the wheel going round nords like gts had, just so lacking info through the wheel, no word if there is a problem and if it will be sorted or is it as it is, at least let us know for goodness sakes.I will add that maybe the only focus is the 3 official wheels though we have configs for other wheels and more races for more vehicles would go down a treat

Last edited:
The focus will probably be on Sports Mode. World Series Showdown starts July 29-31. Manufactures Round 1 is on July 17. Nations July 24.

There was a pattern of introducing stuff during these broadcasts so the next update may follow. We might get a hint when they announce the combos for the Showdown.
That was Sport though. This is GT7, it's supposed to be single player focused and they have to know by now that most people just don't care for their eSports stuff.

But this is PD we're talking about, and we know once they get into a format they like to stick with it, hence why still after all this time the only teaser we regularly get for DLC cars is a silhouette on Kaz's personal twitter, so you may be right.

PD's efforts will be on how to introduce the next glitch. While we are all concentrating on glitches and easy money making schemes to get all the stuff in this game that we want it is deflecting our attention away from what a truly bad game this is.

What is the best way to have us here not discussing the real issues in the game? Easy, have us talking about how to scam the game.

What PD should be worried about is that the hard core players (which is most of us here) already are at the level where we have everything in the game that we want. I am now at the stage of buying multiple cars so I can have different stages of tunes/body configurations on them or engine swaps. I am now even buying expensive cars that I have no idea if I will ever drive ;-) Having said that I still have not driven the Enzo, La Ferrari etc. they are just collecting dust. Oh and just ask me how many multiple invites I have so I can buy even more? :-(

I have been busy tuning and trying engine swapped cars. And it is really good fun :-) If it wasn't for this I wouldn't even bother with this game.

What the ticket glitch taught us was what a rigged system the tickets are. IF you had to play this game from day one with the original economy and no glitches in it knowing what you know now would you even bother? You would have no chance of getting to where most of us are now in the lifetime of the game and it would be the MOST tedious and boring POS ever.

From my POV I have the platinum trophy, I have every car in the game that I want (plus many I don't), I have gold on everything (except 2 drift missions) and am happily tuning and trying engine swapped cars. BUT this will wear very thin very quickly so what do I do then. Race online you say? And here we have the circle of life! I now get very disgruntled again and start complaining again.

Or do I do the career again? For zero rewards? :-( 'nuff said ;-(

My $0.02 worth ;-)

Call me crazy, but I might have thought of a way to add plenty of single-player content and appease people's concerns.

Obviously the Cafe was advertised as a side mode, separate from the main career of GT7, but on release people realised it was the only career mode. But I have an idea to combine both the Cafe and GT League of old into an expansive dual campaign.

When a player starts the game, instead of having the weird and frankly useless "Are you new to the GT series?" dialogue, give them a choice between an open-ended campaign (unlocks GT League first) and a more guided one (unlocks the Cafe first), then unlock the other once completing the respective Sunday Cup for each.

This means players essentially have two campaigns they can play through, with two separate endings. And the GT League is infinitely more expandable than the admittedly restrictive Menu Book format! It's perfect!

Last edited:
Is a penalty system that makes the right call 99% of the time or thereabouts actually possible ? I'm guessing its not as surely they would have figured it out by now. As harsh as it would be, i'd be in favour of any contact made with another car would warrant a penalty.

As harsh as it would be, i'd be in favour of any contact made with another car would warrant a penalty.
That would be horrible. This isn’t an amateur track day game where you parade your car around a track. I don’t condone ramming or intentionally running others off the track, but not allowing ANY contact? That would really decrease the competitiveness as everyone would have to leave a huge buffer zone and would never contest an opponent other than wide straights. Rubbing while overtaking in turns and incidental contact is part of racing.

Back