What does PD need to put its attention into next?

• Thread starter Nagaremono
  • 108 comments

PD. Get a move on. Fix this next.

• Selling - whatever form it takes

• More single player content - races, championships, etc

• Lobbies - at least as functional as GT Sport

• Sport mode - penalty system, etc

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
That was Sport though. This is GT7, it's supposed to be single player focused and they have to know by now that most people just don't care for their eSports stuff.

But this is PD we're talking about, and we know once they get into a format they like to stick with it, hence why still after all this time the only teaser we regularly get for DLC cars is a silhouette on Kaz's personal twitter, so you may be right.
GT7 was supposed to be Gt7 with a Sport mode.
Sport mode is just as important as the career mode - its a shame that they stuffed both up.

What the ticket glitch taught us was what a rigged system the tickets are. IF you had to play this game from day one with the original economy and no glitches in it knowing what you know now would you even bother? You would have no chance of getting to where most of us are now in the lifetime of the game and it would be the MOST tedious and boring POS ever.
I can't believe there aren't more people talking about this. After that one user (whose name I forget, but posts with bold green text) who opened up the equivalent of 16 years worth of tickets and only won a fraction of the available special parts, not to mention how hard it was to even get one engine swap in the first place, it's very obvious that PD doesn't intend for anyone to obtain all of the rare upgrades.

I've never been a 100% completionist, but something just doesn't seem right to me about how roulette tickets work. We figured out that all of the prizes you see in a spin aren't even obtainable on a specific ticket. I get they want people to feel special when they finally get a rare part, but is it really appropriate to give people the lowest value prize 90% of the time on a "roulette spin" where there's no chance at all that you can even win some of the prizes shown?

I wouldn't really care about this if it was possible to buy engine swaps, or if there were certain events that are repeatable and guaranteed a special part or engine ticket, but some things in this game can only be obtained through these "roulette spins". I have to wonder how ethical the underlying mechanics of this is in a psychological context, and I don't understand why I even have to think about the underlying mechanics of a "roulette system" in a racing video game.

I can't believe there aren't more people talking about this. After that one user (whose name I forget, but posts with bold green text) who opened up the equivalent of 16 years worth of tickets and only won a fraction of the available special parts, not to mention how hard it was to even get one engine swap in the first place, it's very obvious that PD doesn't intend for anyone to obtain all of the rare upgrades.

I've never been a 100% completionist, but something just doesn't seem right to me about how roulette tickets work. We figured out that all of the prizes you see in a spin aren't even obtainable on a specific ticket. I get they want people to feel special when they finally get a rare part, but is it really appropriate to give people the lowest value prize 90% of the time on a "roulette spin" where there's no chance at all that you can even win some of the prizes shown?

I wouldn't really care about this if it was possible to buy engine swaps, or if there were certain events that are repeatable and guaranteed a special part or engine ticket, but some things in this game can only be obtained through these "roulette spins". I have to wonder how ethical the underlying mechanics of this is in a psychological context, and I don't understand why I even have to think about the underlying mechanics of a "roulette system" in a racing video game.
Exactly! As a group we should be very distressed by the farce PD calls the roulette tickets.

I have over 200 engines which means I got over 200 6 star tickets and we all know how rare they are. From the 4 star tickets I think I got 3 engines. Loads of utter rubbish that I just deleted eg, suspension or engine parts for safety cars or ultra hi turbos for Veyrons! It seemed like every 4th spin was an invitation (totally useless)! Not to mention the number 10k credits that cant even buy a set of race tyres :-(

Quite frankly if it wasn't for the Tomahawk and the tickets this game would be sitting on the shelf.

And don't even get me started on the broken PP system :-(

Even with PD apologizing and the review bombing and backlash at release, the actual economy is still as awful and restrictive as it always was.

Lots of people have benefitted from glitches to grind credits or roulette tickets and PD gave handouts like every invite or 1 million credits. The event payouts are still awful or pay once, roulettes still suck, and they even designed the legendary cars to get more expensive thanks to the stupid Hagarty stuff.

Absolutely more single player content, especially on tracks which are lacking races right now and in classes which aren’t even represented right now, making use of all the licenses.

And I would als add as a point reworking the „roulette“ system. It’s just so obvious that it is predetermined, and that’s not how roulette works.

I vote for “all of the above” in the survey as well as the comments!

I think getting the physics, tires, and FFB right should be their absolute first priority. Without these the racing is just stupid no matter what else they add.

The stupid PP glitches have got to go. The tranny glitch should have been a clue that their system is full of min/max loopholes. They need to drop everything but HP and weight from calculations. If they fix the physics then anyone could tune a car and have it be drivable, and if they want to fiddle with the suspension for particular driving styles then that wouldn’t break the “balanced” PP races.

I really would love some single player content, but I also know it will be equally worthless. It should all be as challenging as the Human Comedy was. They showed they can create a challenge, and then just quit. Those races aren’t even replayable (if you want some kind of reward, that is).

What really renewed my interest, however, was Watkins Glen. This track is amazing and I had an absolute blast driving it. It’s nice to race on a track that nobody knows yet because it levels the field for a little while. There should be new tracks added all the time, paired with their daily races.

Remove all the "randomized" elements from the game, make available every thing based on the obtained licence ..

IR

Everything really... Maybe it isn't possible in 1 month, but for sure after 4-5 months most of the stuff should've been covered already. They aren't your small-time DEV team.

1. Selling Cars - This is obvious, if you can buy cars, you should be able to sell them. Like... in any other GT main title ever. There's a lot of people who only want, lets say, 40-50 cars in their garage, some less, some want all, regardless, we are going to be rewarded a lot of prize cars, and some of them we may not like them. If we can't sell them, and just discard them alltogether, it fails the purpose of being a prize in the first place. Plus it would help with the overall game economy. I mean, even if you buy a car but later have no more use for it? Just sell it and buy another, yet we can't even do this.
The best system for this would be to create an online Market/Auction, like ebay for example, where you can put your car for sale for other players to buy it with a fixed price or just auction it and whoever gives the best price for it after X days gets the car. It would certainly make the community come together quite a lot as well. Since this is online, of course you can't just put 1000 cars on sale and overload the servers, you can only put for example 10 cars for sale/auction at once, however, it can be any car, LCD, UCD, Brand Central, Gift car, etc... This would also allow to some extent to circumvent the tedious wait for a specific car in both the UCD and LCD where it may take months to get the car you want.
Alternatively, you can sell your cars, any car, gifted or not, normally for 1/4th of the price like in the past. This for me would be the best way to implement this feature.

More single player content - Where to even start? Quite simple... More Missions and Championships. Add the feature of Testing (Top Speed - Acceleration - Drag Times) and Drag Racing which is somehow in the game in the Missions but we can't actually do it Online with other people or even in the single player custom "races". We have the absolute perfect track in SSRX for this and the Testing feature has been in GT since its first game ffs...
We have a lot of car variety but most of them don't even have races where they can be used. Gr.2 races are non-existent, Legendary Race car races the same...
Quite a simple fix really. It just astonishes me how little they add per month.
Championships should've already been part of the major career mode from the start, and I mean real championships, not High Speed Ring normal and reverse crap championships, but actual 5-10 race championships with 10-20 laps each. And at the end of those championships you get a nice payout (As well as for every race) and a prize car in the form of a car for that event related category or the 3-way card slot where you try your luck between 3 cars from that category. To make this even better in terms of grinding, make the prize car winnable every time you retry the championship so that you can also sell it.
While we are at it, increase the stupidly low payouts of custom races and add even more features to it. The potential this has for some players is pretty much infinite types of races.

Lobbies - I don't play online that much, most I do is Sport Mode very rarely or the Time Trials, so I can't comment much on this, but as I've heard, not having the ability to save your lobby settings and having to restart the lobby to change tracks is an absolute annoyance. How the hell did they implement this when previous GTs like GT6 and Sport were just fine?

Sport Mode - First of all, more than 3 daily races. At least 5. I get massive let downs every time I see the races always being on the same Gr.4/Gr.3 categories. Make it 5 daily races. 1 with no SR/DR updates and only with Road Cars or Gr.B, 1 for Gr.4, 1 for Gr.3, 1 for Gr.2, 1 for Gr.1 and just interchange them weekly, next week for example we have the Gr.4 race having no SR/DR updates while the specific road car race will have.
And, most importantly, the penalty system. The algorithm is all over the place... Sometimes people brake test on a straight right in front of the car behind and the one that gets the penalty is the car behind... Sometimes a guy divebombs on the inside, crashes massively against the car on the outside and sends him into the gravel/barrier, and yet the car that gets that punished... also gets the penalty for some reason when he had the corner and was turning just to make the corner. Other times the guy that does this ridiculous divebomb gets a mere 1.5 to 2 second penalty and the guy that got sent into the barriers goes to last place 10 seconds behind everyone and has his race destroyed.

Roulette - Yeah... Needs to go... Alltogether. The very first thing would be to stop with the "animation" of this being a random spin because it isn't. Some prizes in those tickets are just there for display and aren't winnable at all. It's a farce. Make it so that tickets give you your random prize immediately after you click them and not show the stupid nonsensical animation that is, again, nothing more than a farce and a waste of time.
But more importantly... Remove the Engine Swaps, Special Car Parts and Invitations from this system. 3 core new features that come down to RNG, not to mention very bad RNG (among the worst kind I've seen being implemented), instead of them being either obtainable through events of the game or them having their own special dealership.
Make the parts and the engine swaps like the LCD, where you have 5 available at one point in time and it changes 1 of them every 1 day or 2. Heck, anything but this RNG crap. As it was already calculated, it would take DECADES to get those engines and special car parts.
Invitations should work in the same way as RL, you buy X number of cars from that brand and you get the invitation ability to buy a special car from that brand. If realism is all PD is into, then at least make it realistic across the board...
Overall, these should be tickets and not roulettes. And the only thing they should give is credits or the minimal chance for a car. Nothing more. Car Parts for cars we don't care about and that we can just buy on the tuning shop? No thanks... OR, make it so we can sell these parts at least.

Physics - MR cars are quite a bit far off from how they should drive and it's incredibly noticeable. All the other cars are fine for a simcade that is GT7.

FFB - Yeah, imagine having a game that is closer to a sim than an arcade and having poor FFB support... Another easy fix that somehow... PD has not been fixing at all, or rather, has been doing the exact opposite. I've seen videos with people driving using ONE finger on the wheel with FFB at 100% lol.

Like someone stated, if we didn't had these glitch exploits over the months we had the game, a lot of us would have probably given up entirely on this game.

And after these 7 things are fixed to a reasonable level. Then yes, focus on adding Cars and Tracks and minor bug fixes. Many historical cars that we had in past games that we don't have on this game, or the many new cars released... This is a 2022 game, not a game from 2017...

Silverstone, Monaco, Twin Ring Motegi, Grand Valley Speedway, Midfield Raceway... Give us those tracks that we had in past games.

Last edited:
Actual content.

Edit: Lobbies are in dire need of polish.

The amount of players actually using them nowadays reflects this, it can't be much more than 1,000 people at any one time, compared to how many people actually play the game this number makes up <1% of all players. There's usually less than 30 pages now, with around 10 lobbies each page, where more than half of them only have 1 or 2 players inside. It's really quite sad...

Last edited:
I voted for lobbies, penalties, and other. Unpopular opinion, but I literally do not understand the outcry for anything else on that list.

Selling cars, why? So we can sell cars for a quarter of what they're worth? If prize cars were repeatedly winnable and sellable for credits, sure, otherwise, it's a worthless feature like the UCD.

Single player content. I hated the campaign of GT7 because the AI is slow, unsafe, and doesn't even play by the same rules as you do. The whole campaign of GT games has been starting last, bashing your way through the field of slow AI before you get bashed for not bashing, and then spending laps 2 to final lap catching the "rabbit". Some of these cars even pit on the last lap of the race with ample fuel! What is the point of this charade? Why do people want more of this?

For me, lobbies and sport mode penalties are the most pressing issues PD need to focus on as soon as possible. Entire leagues and playerbases are staying away from GT7 because of the lobbies - I know, I'm part of one. The importance of sport mode should be self evident, because it's what garners the most attention with content creators and official events.

For a driving game and a self proclaimed simulator, there are still a lot of things about the physics of the game that need looking at, chief among which are the tyre model and FFB, both of which have entire threads opened about those issues. The clutch is still an on-off switch, which makes manual gearbox cars, i.e. some of the best driving machines, slow and jerky, and the manual gearbox upgrade in the tuning shop a missed opportunity.

Aside from this, the single player side of GT7 needs an extensive overhaul to its economy and AI. Make the special parts and engine swaps attainable via hard work and talent, not via sheer, dumb luck. I can honestly say without exaggeration that I've had the most fun with any GT game in the past two weeks designing, tuning, and testing cars, all because existing options opened up to me courtesy of the bonanza. If PD can keep those options open to players while steadily adding more engines and compatible cars to receive those engines, I think they would have a low cost, low effort, easily sustainable plan to keep player retention high.

I'm not holding my breath, though. A lot of what I mentioned has been synonymous with the series for more than a decade now.
Good, rational post. I too, don’t quite get the outcry for more SP events if they look like many of the other “catch the rabbit” ones. Besides voting for lobbies and Sport I did also put another vote for more SP content as it is lacking, compared to some of the older games. One obvious thing so far overlooked or ignored are the classic endurance races. Stop me if I’m wrong but I think most of us would prefer 24 Hours of Le Mans, not 24 Minutes of Le Mans. Now we also have Daytona among available circuits, give us a 24 Hours of Daytona event. Nürburgring. Tsukuba. High Speed Ring. Etc, etc, etc. Where are these long, lovely events?

SP Content:

Three things in particular I would like to see are.

1: Add more appropriate events for cars that currently have limited events available (e.g. tuning cars, Korean cars, vintage race cars, etc.).

2: A "shorter" high reward event of about 5-10 minutes.
Currently, the main ways to get better Cr are WTC events which all require about 20-30 minutes.
I have no complaints about the difficulty of these events or the prize money you can get, but these events require a certain amount of time and are not well suited for playing in my spare time.
I don't mind if they are less efficient than these events. I would like to see more high reward events that can be played in 5-10 minutes.

3: Revival of oval events for super fast cars like Megaspeed Cup and Like The Wind.
Such events have been a familiar presence at past GTs.
A festival of monster machines that pursued only top speed without being bound by regulations.
GT7 has many oval circuits and Highspeed Ring, but none of these classic unclassified events exist. I will miss this very much and am very disappointed.

Improved availability of special parts:

I didn't do it for fear of ban, but in the end the reason many people got into that glitch is that the difficulty of obtaining special parts is just too high.
Therefore, this system will definitely need improvement. I thought of several ways to do this.

1: Unlocked by collector level.

The collector level is an underutilized system. So, combine this system with special parts unlocking.
For example, unlocking special parts at lv 75 and opening an special engine shop at lv 100. Would give people the pleasure of raising the collector level, and reduce the difficulty of obtaining these parts.

2: Unlock based on mileage.
Remember the LPS (Love Power System) in Tokyo Xtreme Racer?
This system was a system that kept one model in use and unlocked engine swaps and highest grade parts when the total mileage of that car reached a certain distance.
This gave us both the pleasure of continuing to use a particular model and the pleasure of upgrading our favorite car into a monster machine.

3: UCD/LCD style special parts shop.
As others have suggested, this is probably the best idea.
It would greatly reduce the difficulty of obtaining these parts while maintaining some of the rarity of these parts.
And since this system gives people a reason to play the game on a daily basis, it fits in with the worst trend in today's gaming industry that emphasizes "user engagement". Thus, it can please players without angering Sony and thier investors.

4: Ticket upgrade system.
The roulette tickets distributed to us are random and range from the lowest rarity of 1-Star to the rarest 6-Star special parts/special engine tickets.

So let's add a system that allows us to upgrade unwanted low rarity tickets to higher rarity tickets.
For example, you can get 1 2-star ticket in exchange for 3 1-star tickets. Then, by exchanging 3 2-Star Tickets for 3-Star Tickets.
By repeating this process, we can ensure that everyone can get a 6-star special parts ticket.
And of course, this can be stopped with other tickets than the special parts ticket.
For example, if you need more cr than special parts, you could keep the exchange process to the 5 or 6-star ticket stage and spend these tickets to get more cr.

I think adding this kind of system will create our strategy for tickets and make the roulette system more enjoyable. (Well, I think the current situation of almost only getting the lowest value prizes needs to be improved...)

Last edited:
Besides the obvious car selling and multiplayer lobby improvements, I think their priorities should be also to fix the 2 player split screen. Currently player 2 is forced to have all assists enabled, which is not only annoying for an experienced player but also somehow makes cars slower than player 1 which in turn is ruining the competition among your family and local friends.

I think they need to improve that quick menu (options button). By this I mean adding a quick way to change cars like it was in GT6. This would be very beneficial for players when they're in GT Auto or the Tuning Shop as it would let them change their car without having to exit out of those menus.

I would also love for the ability to buy tuning parts from the garage car tuning settings like you could in GT6. This would make it quicker for players to not only buy parts but also see how parts may effect their tune settings.

Last edited:
I've said it in other threads;

The game needs to have some sort of revisit to the layout of single player races so that it is like the older games. Different leagues and then race series in each one with some old classics (Sunday cup, Clubman, FR, Nationals, categories/body types, etc). Not just go into the track locations and THEN find what races there are.

The Sophy AI is coming as said so by Kaz, but will that make the single player better now? with its catch the rabbit gameplay and lack of standing starts? I'd say no. I also believe the lack of standing starts might be to do with the fact the game comes on ps4 systems.

Selling cars will help especially if they bring back prize cars for events (along side credits) and depends if you can sell gift/prize cars for credits or would it be free

For online content like sport, hardly anyone is overly bothered in the grand scheme of things as evident of the 'Finish a race in sport mode' trophy only has 16% of players that have actually acquired it. More people coming back might end up spilling over to sport if the incentive is good enough to come back to the game.

So yea the single player "career" needs to have plenty of fun races and championships with some decent prize money for winning in order to make them worth while.

I chose “more single player content.”

However, I wouldn’t even need any more single player content if PD would just add the simple feature of saving custom race settings. This is in my opinion one of the most important features that needs added to GT7.

Increasing custom race payouts and making the custom race save files shareable would make it even better.

I’d still prefer in the short-term that PD add more single player content, but let’s be honest, the die-hard GT players will finish that content quite quickly. In the long-term, being able to save and share custom races would allow for infinite replayability.

Selling cars would be cool for the credits, but it is low priority for me because I typically create stock, race-mod, and sleeper versions of my duplicate cars. I’d rather have more events to race cars in than see PD focus on a system to sell cars. Both would be nice, but if we had to choose only one, the former is more important than the latter.

More Single Player content! Getting rid of the horrible camera wobble and excess suspension roll! Fixing physics - cars still have too much oversteer mid corner and on corner exit even with race tires. They don't behave like that in real life.

Last update, PD finally gave us the ability to lock the garage car list. So, more tools for easier organisation and game play, seem to be what they're concentrating on.

It's not a multiplayer feature, but it's a good feature in the right direction.

Stop me if I’m wrong but I think most of us would prefer 24 Hours of Le Mans, not 24 Minutes of Le Mans.
Kinda, but I think 24 hour races are also problematic without mid-race saves and other creature comforts to make them not an exercise in masochism. It's just way too long, and even in real life these races are done by entire teams of people.

What the game could probably use is more 45 minute to 2 hour races, with a handful of 3-4 hour races for those who really want to be tested. AI difficulties notwithstanding.

Personally, I'm a big fan of 2.4 Hour variants of the big real life 24 hour races. 2.4 hours is very doable by a single person, but if you're actually trying to drive hard and clean for that whole time the level of concentration and physical endurance required is substantial. Having done a couple on iRacing simply finishing without stuffing the car is a significant achievement.

PP Glitch (sport mode surreal)
More cars (so many new street cars)
More possibilities in creation lobby configurations, like year of fabrication or car model

Back