What does PD need to put its attention into next?

• Thread starter Nagaremono
  • 108 comments

PD. Get a move on. Fix this next.

• Selling - whatever form it takes

• More single player content - races, championships, etc

• Lobbies - at least as functional as GT Sport

• Sport mode - penalty system, etc

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
That would be horrible. This isn’t an amateur track day game where you parade your car around a track. I don’t condone ramming or intentionally running others off the track, but not allowing ANY contact? That would really decrease the competitiveness as everyone would have to leave a huge buffer zone and would never contest an opponent other than wide straights. Rubbing while overtaking in turns and incidental contact is part of racing.
Not in vintage racing or club racing. Those events will not tolerate contact at most events. The guys at Goodwood sometimes lean on each other but my understanding is that it's frowned upon.

I don't see the need to rough people up to play online, and that's why I don't race there anymore. It's not easy to race clean but it's required IRL so why not try to do that here? I am not for harsher penalties but the excuse to rub is what leads to the slippery slope that is online racing now. Garbage.

Not in vintage racing or club racing. Those events will not tolerate contact at most events. The guys at Goodwood sometimes lean on each other but my understanding is that it's frowned upon.

I don't see the need to rough people up to play online, and that's why I don't race there anymore. It's not easy to race clean but it's required IRL so why not try to do that here? I am not for harsher penalties but the excuse to rub is what leads to the slippery slope that is online racing now. Garbage.
But this isn’t a vintage or weekend club racing game, so to penalize ANY contact in all the races would really ruin the game. Yes, there are some events dedicated to those types of cars (vintage/classic and club spec) and in those events I could see penalties for any contact. For the vast majority of the races and events in this game though, that is not the case and especially in 700+ pp events where you’re running Gr. cars rubbing and bumping are to be expected, it’s part of racing at that level. Again, I don’t condone ramming others or intentionally hitting them, but for most of these types of races and events in the game a little bit of light contact is to be expected and happens in the real world races.

But this isn’t a vintage or weekend club racing game, so to penalize ANY contact in all the races would really ruin the game. Yes, there are some events dedicated to those types of cars (vintage/classic and club spec) and in those events I could see penalties for any contact. For the vast majority of the races and events in this game though, that is not the case and especially in 700+ pp events where you’re running Gr. cars rubbing and bumping are to be expected, it’s part of racing at that level. Again, I don’t condone ramming others or intentionally hitting them, but for most of these types of races and events in the game a little bit of light contact is to be expected and happens in the real world races.
I see your point. fair enough.

I voted for more SP content as a personal desire but more than that, I think they need to seriously rework the PAYOUTS.

There needs to be better, more consistent and linear payouts in Custom races for instance based on distance, etc. As it is, there is a point of diminishing returns the more laps you add add. Its ridiculous.

I also think higher difficulties should add bonuses to races. As it is, there is no reward for selecting those other than it being just a personal preference. I like the challenge of higher difficulties myself but it would be nice to have the incentive along with that added challenge.

Anyhow, I agree with others that there is no reason all of these things shouldn't be on the list.

....oh, and I would like to see PP categories in Custom races too vs. just Gr classes. ....and a save option for our creations in Custom so we can easily load them up and play.

My biggest complaint aside from the game being unfinished is the lack of races for high horsepower exotics. There should also be more appropriate classic and vintage car races. Many cars are not useable unless they are detuned and that is simply BS.

Its mind boggling that this has escaped them but as I've said before, this is my last GT game and with no real endgame in sight, I'll be off to something else come fall.
The classic races should be aplenty. PD had some good ideas in GTS.
Well, I guess this must be by design. The Custom Race is there for us to create/recreate anything we want, without PD lifting a finger. The payouts achieve what they want, if that’s getting people to spend real money.

Kaz is concentrating on the next thing and Sony are concentrating on the bottom line.

Split ps4 and ps5 Or integrade a toggle for open lobby to choose only same console.

Its now on a point it gets nearly undriveable with ps4 and ps5 in one lobby. Ghosting is turned off but still the driver glitchtrough other racer. Nearby racing is impossible because we hit each other off track without displaying it on each screen.

Ps5 gets in open lobby downgraded to ps4 up to point the physiks change for ps5

And on top off that i went the extra rout.
I installed today the ps4 version on ps5 and went first try each track up to 0.5 seconds faster.

How dare you polyphony to go that rout. For what we buy a ps5? Better grafik but not compatible?
Since patch 1.15 exist this problem.
I think i pause the game for a wile and wait for couple patches.
Hopefully it will be get fixed 🙏

Ps:

And a toggle for internet quality.

Cant be that 15 people in a lobby are stabel and 1 enter the lobby with a crapy wlan hot spot connection from mcdonalds 3 blocks away and the hole lobby suffers from it….

Last edited:
Bring back the GT League, Japanese events, American events, European events, dealership events, special events, endurance events, championships. All of these things were in previous games.

I for one, will not re-install this dumpster fire cash grab while this ridiculous drip feed continues. A fleshed out GT League will be the only thing that gets me playing it again.

The classic races should be aplenty. PD had some good ideas in GTS.
Well, I guess this must be by design. The Custom Race is there for us to create/recreate anything we want, without PD lifting a finger. The payouts achieve what they want, if that’s getting people to spend real money.

Kaz is concentrating on the next thing and Sony are concentrating on the bottom line.
I suppose it could be by design and if so, that's disappointing. Not sure I accept the idea of buying a top tier game that I then have to make my own races to use a number of the cars in the game. It's lazy and adds more substance to the argument that the game is unfinished.

At this point there can be literally no other reason for the lack of events than it being by choice. The only other option is absolute incompetence and I don't believe that to be true.
So if that is their choice, it's lazy and uninspiring. As I said, it just adds more substance to the unfinished argument.

So if that is their choice, it's lazy and uninspiring. As I said, it just adds more substance to the unfinished argument.
Purposely unfinished though, this time. Someone somewhere in a suit and tie with access to analytics has told them that the best way to deliver their games now is to drip feed content through small updates instead of large, meaty updates on top of an already meaty game.

All they're doing though is advertising the fact that unless you have big FOMO, don't buy Gran Turismo games at launch any more. Wait 12-18 months.

Purposely unfinished though, this time. Someone somewhere in a suit and tie with access to analytics has told them that the best way to deliver their games now is to drip feed content through small updates instead of large, meaty updates on top of an already meaty game.

All they're doing though is advertising the fact that unless you have big FOMO, don't buy Gran Turismo games at launch any more. Wait 12-18 months.
Agreed. I have said before that the evolution of DLC will be misused and it is certainly the case with this franchise now.

They need to make 1 small change to make a big improvement.

Right now, the game looks at a car's original PP to determine it's classification. So, let's say you buy a car that is 500pp, the game considers that car 500pp regardless of the changes you make. The game SHOULD look at the car's CURRENT PP and tire rating when you load the race settings.

What does this do? Well, for one, in time trial, your car is perpetually misclassified in the ranking.

However, most importantly, it is also misclassified when selecting opponents. So, if you enter an arcade race (or custom race, many events), your car will be MASSIVELY better than the competition. The competition SHOULD at the very least try to match the car you have selected in terms of tire and PP rating, and, if you change it prior to the start of the race, then fine..che sara, sara.

People complain about "the AI" so much, but this one small change can fix so much. It won't make the single player amazing all of a sudden, but it will make it better. I think they made the current choice to avoid the potential of having the player put themselves into a frustrating position, but that seems like a silly choice.

Back