What does your user name mean?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,196 comments
Its all from my PSN account. The Astroboy part was because I was obsessed with the show when I made the account five years ago and the 2215 was just because I needed to add something else to the name.

After I created this username I realised people might think I'm a fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean film series, but my username is actually a play on the name of an influential emo/indie rock band from the '90s - Cap'n Jazz. I thought it might be time I finally clear things up.

After I created this username I realised people might think I'm a fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean film series, but my username is actually a play on the name of an influential emo/indie rock band from the '90s - Cap'n Jazz. I thought it might be time I finally clear things up.

That story is both radical and cool. If only there was a word for that. :guilty:

SVPSkins means "Super Vibrant Painted Skins"

Which was originally for Race07, as I make Car Skins/Livery's on the there and I just carried on using it for Gran Turismo.

Attachments

• 1TeamHard.jpg
    1TeamHard.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 1castrolnissan.jpg
    1castrolnissan.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 26
  • 1hardhondaacc.jpg
    1hardhondaacc.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 1hollanda4st.jpeg
    1hollanda4st.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 1jmekaudittdtm.jpg
    1jmekaudittdtm.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 1djrnissan.jpg
    1djrnissan.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 1plrfiesta2014.jpg
    1plrfiesta2014.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 24
  • 1redbullpenlaguna.jpg
    1redbullpenlaguna.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 1rsrstrl2.jpg
    1rsrstrl2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 21
Ridox - A japanese tuning name which the founder is a great racing driver ( Manabu Orido ) and 2JZGTE, the Supra RZ Mk4 engine code, the name sounds cool and I always been a fan of Supra ever since I drove MA70 Supra JDM with some nice mods back in late 90's.

My username was created by my dad when we first got our ps3 years ago. See in my family we are 3 kids and all our names start with the letter "A", so TripleA and we are 5 (3 kids, 2 parents) in the family which makes it TripleA5.

My two favorite NASCAR drivers when I made this account were Denny Hamlin and Trevor Bayne. Now I'm only a Hamlin fan.

Also, I just noticed that I organized the names by alphabetical order and numerical order...

Mine has a bit of a story behind it.

So I started as a kid as a random artist on a website/app called Flipnote Studio and Hatena. I went through a variety of usernames, mostly just nonsense. After a while, I started establishing recurring characters in my flipnotes (the animations on the app) and one of them was named Obelisk. I eventually just took that and mixed it with another old username to get ObeliskTD, and then it just became Obelisk.

Some people at a certain club call me OB though.:lol:

P.S. It's hilariously funny when people just can't read or pronounce "Obelisk" right in Call of Duty.

The first letter of my name and my surname, and 888 since that was given as some random number for unknown reasons.

B̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶n̶e̶a̶k̶y̶.̶

Nope, it's actually just a combination of random letters, and the same goes with the number following that. :)

(I was curious to savvy what the word indeed stood for and looked it up in google, it popped up "DeXtroMethorphan" but I swear my name doesn't have any connection with that. :P

Mine has a bit of a story behind it.

So I started as a kid as a random artist on a website/app called Flipnote Studio and Hatena. I went through a variety of usernames, mostly just nonsense. After a while, I started establishing recurring characters in my flipnotes (the animations on the app) and one of them was named Obelisk. I eventually just took that and mixed it with another old username to get ObeliskTD, and then it just became Obelisk.

Some people at a certain club call me OB though.:lol:

P.S. It's hilariously funny when people just can't read or pronounce "Obelisk" right in Call of Duty.
Your name was a jeopardy answer one day. And I got the answer correct. :D

How did I get my name?

Short story actually, my dad gave it to me. When I was young my name was bended into many different names. My first name is Kole. Growing up, I have been called Kole Train, Kole Man, Kole Miester and Kolio for the most part.

When I getting my original PSN account setup, I couldn't get username to work that wasn't already taken. Sooo, I had to use the bathroom and when I got done my Dad had already set it to "kolio123". I them proceeded to get bullied (fun joking, not actually being bullied) at school because of it.

And sooo, that has stuck! :) Hope you enjoyed.

My old PSN account was called, `IXVenomzombieXI` and like a day after I made my GTP account my account mysteriously somehow deleted itself, and my the User that I used for the account. So then made a new profile called, `ON_L_Y__O__N_E` which is what I currently use, and recently just resurrected my old Venomzombie account. But I don't want it because of the amount of stuff I`ve done on account I`m using right now. And why did I choose `Venomzombie` in the first place? Was in a rush and I like zombies lol.:D

My user name, for the lack of a better idea at the time, is a reference to a movie by director Darren Aronofsky about a Numbers Theorist / Stock Market Analyst and his computer "Euclid".. And also reference to computers being the medium we communicate with here, and our gaming platforms.. And the correlation between computers and numbers..
The 58 is the year of my birth..

Last edited:
Mine is an extension of my surname. I had just moved to a new department at work and the bloke training me felt I should have a nickname. He started calling me Glovesman and I have used it since.

Bowtie - as in the Chevy badge or emblem.
Muscle - as in muscle cars.
Just my way of showing my love for Chevy muscle cars like the Camaro, Corvette and Chevelle ;)

Back