What does your user name mean?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,196 comments
Mike : always been my English name out of the country due to my Dutch name, Maarten, is always pronounced wrong.

ZENKAI : Japanese for Full Throttle, usually on motorbikes according a Japanese friend.
(or Complete Destruction)
(or he is taking the piss out of me and it means something completely different. :odd: :lol:)

Mike : always been my English name out of the country due to my Dutch name, Maarten, is always pronounced wrong.

ZENKAI : Japanese for Full Throttle, usually on motorbikes according a Japanese friend.
(or he is taking the piss out of me and it means something completely different. :odd: :lol:)
How do you pronounce Maarten? I feel like it sounds out as 'Martin' but that's unlikely.

My name, was tempted to go with rudiaS.

Why not Martin instead?

The reason why the Wilson Preselector and crash gearboxes are a thing of the past.
It's also an automotive part that sounds cool to me.

"Husky" because of my fascination and love for huskies which earned me the nickname "Husky" from my closest friends. Husky is also the name of my husky alien character, protagonist of my sci-fin novel (and the one that can be seen as my avatar).

"GT" because I was obsessed with Gran Turismo since it came out back in the PS1 era. Some people also call me GT. Although my fanaticism for Gran Turismo has pretty much died, I can't really get rid of that nickname. It's been part of my life for way too long. The acronym "GT" is always present in my multiple usernames around the web and console ID's, such as: HuskyGT, GTHusky or TheHuskyGT.

First part - my initials, the second from a friend who died. Not being computer literate I used to take my console round to a friend for updates etc, when he died I got online and needed a name, as his was GEO-ALPHA I used the last part in his memory.

I have no idea. Seriously.
Actually, I do.

It's actually from when I started a second PSN account to exploit the birthday cars on GT5. I tried about 10 different variations of the same username and when I got frustrated, I just mashed a few letters in and what came out was available, so I took it.

I still don't know why used it for my GTP username, though. Probably because my main PSN username (the one I have listed with my name) has my actual name in it and I never really liked it, anyway.

However, I'm also known as Ass Civics as well. Blame @Formidable (or just the whole of SavagePlanet) for that.

My mommy and daddy gave me my username. Well, they named me Kenneth, but I shortened it, because reasons.

However, I'm also known as Ass Civics as well. Blame @Formidable (or just the whole of SavagePlanet) for that.

I might have a Civics Ass for you, a pretty one to boot:

100_8210.jpg

The name “Lord Kacperov” came to be before I became a teenager. I wanted to change my offline username on my PS3 after a few relatives pointed out I wrote my username wrong, after we played some Zombies Mode in CoD: BO1 (I wrote Tha Minecrafter instead of Da Minecrafter... I was 12). I was very frustrated. So I decided to change it: I wanted to include my own name (Kacper) in it, but give it a bit of a Russian twist, because my brother did the same, only he gave it a Polish twist. So “Kacperov” it was, and it stuck.

The “Lord” part came along a bit later when I was playing some Minecraft with a relative on her Xbox 360. We were playing some stupid role-playing game, and I pretended to be the long lost brother of the queen. I was also the leader of the underworld, and I chose to call myself a lord... Yeah... I was only 12 at the time, so uh...

Interesting story, don’t you think? :sly:

Back in middle school, A couple of my friends were using the tag "Mr." followed by [INSERT FOOD] [INSERT NUMBER] for a little while. They used names like that on the old browser games kids used to play in the early 2000s. I was Mr.Waffles55. I just kept using it from then on. It eventually evolved into what I use now.

I personally use Pyano1132 for any sort of online gaming stuff I make for myself. Pyano is a pun on the first letter of my first name, and the four starting letters of my last name. It was my computer login in high school too. I play the Piano in real life, so it stuck.

I initially intended for this GTPlanet account to be a throwaway, because I didn't see myself sticking around, but I did and there's my name I guess. In hindsight I probably should have just named this account Pyano1132.

My username really doesn't mean anything, its just the name of one of my favorite anime character :)

Wish i could change it to McLaren P1
:(

Last edited:
Fox - One of my 2 favourite animals

Com - I like to leave this ambigious with people having their own interpretations, here are some highlighted interpretations:

• Commander
  • Commando
  • Communist
  • Comodo (play on Komodo Dragon which is my other favourite animal)
  • Word that is NSFW

It was originally meant to be typed as "Def.Infinity" and was always short for "Define.Infinity" when I made this account (9/2/2015)

Infinity is a concept referring to undefined or limitless size (of sets), but I also used another name for games prior to making this account -- "Eternal".
(End here if you don’t want a long explanation)

I think a full explanation is a little complicated, since it includes things a bit unrelated to just the concept of infinity, but Ill try to condense it.

1. Around late 2010, my parents and family split, making me essentially an only child (two half-sisters). Made a YouTube channel around this time.
  2. I fought to keep my father in my life, and the church played a significant role in that. We lived in the church parsonage under the conditions that we would take care of the church building.
  3. Seemingly constant custody hearings. Settled on joint custody. Entertainment like game consoles used to encourage me to stay. My diary entries used as weapons for hearings.
  4. Father was diagnosed as a narcissist. Mother exhibited similar behavior, but not diagnosed.
  5. Found solace in the church. Was a very active member. Proud to put my single dollar in the offering plate each Sunday.
  6. Frequently the only black student in class. Stood out like a sore thumb. Generally could not relate to most classmates well and used humor to cope.
  7. Became infamous for the racial humor. Fried chicken, Basketball and Dave Chappelle... The blackest of them all...
  8. Was in top class during middle school. Watched peers move on to specialized high schools and then ivy league universities.
  9. Became much more serious and reserved. New explosive temper got me in trouble with another student. Kid kept throwing my lab notes on the floor for no reason.
  10. Labeled as the "weird" or "quiet" kid in High School, partly due to the Sandy Hook shooting and due to the outburst. Became a social floater bordering on outcast.
  11. Closeted bisexual. Homophobic/religious parents and grandparents. Personal views became incompatible with the church. Distanced myself from it slowly. Clergy tore itself apart.
  12. Harbored suicidal thoughts. Diary entries became more cryptic. Created and used ciphers to hide the words themselves.

At some point during high school, I started wrestling with the idea of dying and eternity afterwards, and that is probably why the name came up at all over anything else.

Adding "Define" to the start just highlights that it was born out of an existential crisis when I look at it now.

---
Anyway, don’t think too much of it. Most of these events are long past. There’s no real emotion for me when I type it out.

Last edited:
It's my name and the 20 is a reference to my favourite racing driver, who just happens to have a similar name to me (Scott Pye). Not sure why that is. Just a coincidence I suppose.

Fox - One of my 2 favourite animals

Com - I like to leave this ambigious with people having their own interpretations, here are some highlighted interpretations:

• Commander
  • Commando
  • Communist
  • Comodo (play on Komodo Dragon which is my other favourite animal)
  • Word that is NSFW
When I saw the name on Discord I was thinking more along the lines of .com, which is short for computer.

Back