What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
EA Sports PGA Tour on the 10 hour EA play trial. Great to have some golf game competition, PGA 2k21 and 2k23 were ok but more out of being the only options for years rather than actually being good golf games. They had good points of course but also a lot wrong.

The first EA golf title since Rory McIlroy PGA Tour in 2015, and it's so far proving to be fantastic. Visually the courses are stunning and each one genuinely plays differently, something the 2k series sorely lacked. Makes you think about how you play each hole and each shot. Could use more customisation options and bizarrely lacks a replay system but it's a great game so far. Combined with the typical array of EA sports licensing clout (all the official majors, 28 licensed courses plus 2 fantasy courses and at least 4 coming post launch (2023 majors, extra FedEx cup course and Ryder Cup)), decent selection of playable pros (including a few Liv Golf defectors curiously for a PGA licensed game, Bryson Dechambeau, Dustin Johnson to name a couple), FedEx Cup, Korn Ferry Tour, LPGA tour, plenty to do.
Oosh I'm very tempted on this, not particular fond of 2K's offerings, and no big boost to the graphics on their latest was a huge let down.

£70 is a lot though, we'll see if I break.

Once I got the controller settings sorted out, I couldn't get enough of it. It can't think of any other circuit racing game I have played where I have got so much enjoyment from just driving the car: I have spent more time chasing lap times in practice sessions than I have racing.

Managed to convince a couple of the guys I work with to try it: they are all addicted now as well!

Everything you say is true. I play on controller and once dialed in it's such an experience. Like you say the enjoyment just from driving is high. I need to get back on it :)

Oosh I'm very tempted on this, not particular fond of 2K's offerings, and no big boost to the graphics on their latest was a huge let down.

£70 is a lot though, we'll see if I break.
Couple places have digital versions for £50ish. My trial ran out this morning so had to make the purchase. Still loving it and the scenarios they were adding every day during the Masters to recreate in game was really cool as well. Just wish they would add an option to choose how many rounds you want to do in career mode like the 2k games, at the moment it's either all 4 rounds or select 'key' holes. My only criticism so far though really.

Finished Resident Evil (HD Remaster), it took a little over 12 hours somehow so I must've been playing it wrong considering there are unlocks for finishing it in five and three hours. Great game though, I was sceptical since RE2 was so much more popular but considering when it was made it's very well designed. I won't say it's timeless, but even now you can see why they made certain decisions and it's all pretty cohesive.

I'm installing RE2 (also the remastered version) now, I have already played a few hours of it on my PS4 but I think I got lazy, ran out of ammo and then basically got stuck as a result.
It is always the case with RE games that the first playthrough takes considerably longer than any of the next runs do, once you know where you are going its quite a short game.

REmakes 1, 2 and 4 are absolutely masterpieces, shame RE3 remake got the budget treatment, good game on its own but nothing on the original.

I am now going through hardcore mode on RE4 remake after completing it in standard, such a fun game to play.

I was going to buy Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, only to find out I had it already, just not installed. So I went ahead and installed "Minecraft: Bedrock Edition." The only problems I've had is trying to adjust to using the controller as well as the keyboard. I have yet to find a combination I like. If I could, I'd like to maybe have a control scheme similar as to when I played Console Minecraft on PlayStation 3. I used a Superflat world just to play-test the feel of Bedrock apart from Java. The two versions are very different in how the game of Minecraft is played. I am a veteran of Java Minecraft, but Bedrock Minecraft is new to me. Also, I had to adjust the Vsync settings because I noted the program having screen tearing.

Crime Boss: Rockay City is a surprisingly fun game. Is it cheesy? Yes! Is it simple and basic: Yes! (for now) But it's stable and smooth (contrary to some AAA releases recently), it's half price, and it has bite sized content that's easily accessible. The cheezyness and insanity of the characters (including bad VA) is awesome. And most importantly: it's fun!

I really don't understand the 'This is the worst game ever' reviews the press have been giving. Ok, I get that it may not be to your liking, esp. with the washed-up voice actors that probably cater to a very specific audience (aka ME :P), but 'worst ever'? I can think of a couple that would fit that title way better.

Assuming this is going to go like Terminator: Resistance. That one also got slammed by 'pro' reviewers, but the audience actually playing it saw that it was a solid title limited only by budget and they loved it. This one will go a similar way I think, but only if the devs can deepen the game and also launch on consoles and Steam.

I'm not going to lie, I am legitimately afraid of playing Resident Evil 2 Remake. I've only really played RE4 (the original), 5 and of course I just finished the first game a few days ago, they're all a bit scary up to a point but then you get comfortable, you've got a decent amount of ammo and healing items, or maybe your guns are strong enough that you don't feel you even need healing items - not so in RE2R, normal zombies take a crazy amount of damage, ammo is scarce and then you've got
the Lickers, plus the guy I haven't even met yet who ramps up the discomfort even more

It's an excellent game and a genuinely scary one, every time I play it I have to psych myself up to do anything because I know to get to my destination I have to retread ground where I know I had to leave a zombie, or I've got like two rounds left in my handgun, or whatever it is, it's always something. I've gotten to the point where I create a new save file after every fight where I use more ammo than I think I could've just in case I find I've screwed myself and need to go back in time to not use the ammo next time. Every missed shot makes me cringe, and there are many because the zombies are ridiculously good at dodging.

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie, I am legitimately afraid of playing Resident Evil 2 Remake. I've only really played RE4 (the original), 5 and of course I just finished the first game a few days ago, they're all a bit scary up to a point but then you get comfortable, you've got a decent amount of ammo and healing items, or maybe your guns are strong enough that you don't feel you even need healing items - not so in RE2R, normal zombies take a crazy amount of damage, ammo is scarce and then you've got
the Lickers, plus the guy I haven't even met yet who ramps up the discomfort even more

It's an excellent game and a genuinely scary one, every time I play it I have to psych myself up to do anything because I know to get to my destination I have to retread ground where I know I had to leave a zombie, or I've got like two rounds left in my handgun, or whatever it is, it's always something. I've gotten to the point where I create a new save file after every fight where I use more ammo than I think I could've just in case I find I've screwed myself and need to go back in time to not use the ammo next time. Every missed shot makes me cringe, and there are many because the zombies are ridiculously good at dodging.
Been playing r2r on and off, on difficulty where you need, to find ribbons to save at typewriters.

And since i didn't know how many I'd find,,i used too many at 1st, and stuck now no saving.

But it's a nice game for sure, yh so i cringe as well when i miss a shot hehe.

I've been pleasently surprised by Ghostwire: Tokyo (Xbox Series X). I do love Japanese spooky folklore, and having visited Tokyo twice, I dig the setting. Gameplay mechanics are fine and performance dips here and there, but nothing game breaking.

Last edited:
MsNRIu6h.jpg

CK3AGOT dropped today, no idea how to play but out of excuses so I'm gonna run an observer game.

I've been pleasently surprised by Ghostwire: Tokyo (Xbox Series X). I do love Japanese spooky folklore, and having visited Tokyo twice, I dig the setting. Gameplay mechanics are fine and performance dips here and there, but nothing game breaking.
I will definitely give it a try someday, but more for appreciating the style and visuals. I don't expect playing it through the end of anything like that.

I the mean time, I've been playing Tunic and I'm loving every minute of it.
What a gem! So glad I gave this a second try.

Nearing the end of RE2R now, nerves shredded, ammo depleted, health failing (in the game). It's so good though! It's like the opposite of a power fantasy, a lot of games would build up to you facing down a horde of zombies with a cool gun or something but RE2R is more like building up to you facing down a horde of zombies with four pistol rounds, a shotgun shell and a green herb and you'll only barely make it through alive.

I mentioned before that a lot of games will eventually let you become comfortable and able to survive indefinitely, while RE2R is making me feel like if I do make it to the end without running out of stuff, it won't be because I played well. I've made a ton of mistakes and accidentally burned a lot of resources as a result but maybe I have just enough to see me through... It's a far cry from how I ended RE a couple of weeks back, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Playing Resident Evil 4 remake.

Hardcore difficulty and the Verdugo is killing me left and right until I gave up and used the RPG.

Honestly Old RE4 does many things better than the remake but the Remake does a lot of things better.

Honestly if I had to choose between the two its the remake.

Remake feels terrifying, eerie, dark, horrific, serious also had its moments of making you scared. The game does not feel like a comedy at all.

Also Leon has a serious tone and it suits him too because he still lives with the ptsd of the raccoon city nightmare.

Last edited:
There was a free trial for Star Citizen so I decided to give it a try. The fps drops and bugs were so bad that I uninstalled after an hour of play time.

Back to Sons of the Forest and Warzone 2. Also trying to find the motivation to play iRacing but I just can’t get into racing games lately for some reason.

Last edited:
GT7 (mainly just the GTWS races at the moment) and a bit of Cyberpunk - just went diving with Judy.

Jedi: Survivor to take over most of my time from next weekend - thank god for the bank holidays. Don't support old Charlie but will take the extra day on offer.

Zelda is dependent on persuading a nephew to lend me a Switch - I sold mine a while back and don't feel like paying £200+ to play one game. Even the greatest game ever, which it may just be.

The Street Fighter 6 demo when it finishes downloading.
This too, I really cant wait to finally trying it up. Especially Marisa and Lily. I'm usually a Guile/Ken guy so I'll give them a try too.

But yeah really looking forward to try it.

Also finishing my 4th playthrough of RE4R, done Hardcore/NG+ Pro/NG Pro and now an easy run collecting everything to afford the IRL.

And still having fun with Hogwarts Legacy from time to time.

Playing Resident Evil 4 remake.

Hardcore difficulty and the Verdugo is killing me left and right until I gave up and used the RPG.

Honestly Old RE4 does many things better than the remake but the Remake does a lot of things better.

Honestly if I had to choose between the two its the remake.

Remake feels terrifying, eerie, dark, horrific, serious also had its moments of making you scared. The game does not feel like a comedy at all.

Also Leon has a serious tone and it suits him too because he still lives with the ptsd of the raccoon city nightmare.
The best aspect of the remake compared to the original is that it is actually scary in quite a few parts.

Also the original was a tense experience but the remake does that better in my opinion.

The best aspect of the remake compared to the original is that it is actually scary in quite a few parts.

Also the original was a tense experience but the remake does that better in my opinion.
I personnaly prefer the old one with the HD patches, but the remake is really cool too. Not that far behind, there's just some choice I dont really like, like the accessories, the suitcase add-ons and the cuts on some parts. I'm also not a fan of the bosses in this game, I prefered the boss in the OG. It just seems they try to add more stuff that you might have to pay later on. And Gasha need to disapear from video game you pay 60+ USD/EUR unless it's a crane game.

MXH
I took a chance and bought GRID Legends for the PS4 as I’ve been itching for a fun and simple arcade racer.

So far I’m absolutely loving it. The game looks, sounds and plays beautifully.

With the exception of a couple of career events, I’ve mainly been spending time with running custom races with the classic touring cars reliving the good old 90’s TOCA days. Next on the list are the Group 5 cars as well the F430 Challenge.

Will most likely come across some grievances as I progress through the game but so far so good.
Still playing and slowly progressing through GRID Legends whenever I get an opportunity (between work, kid and other daily duties).

Soon nearing Prestige level 1 and yet I’m nowhere near finishing the Semi-Pro category.

I’ve some annoyances with the game though. Especially things that remain from previous titles, such as collision with the AI making my car suddenly having virtually no weight and spinning out. This sadly makes open wheelers rather frustrating when wheel to wheel contact occurs.

Performance wise the game is damn close to being flawless besides the occasional (massive) frame rate drops that happens when you’ve got a huge crash or pile up in the first corners, but they aren’t that recurring.

Also, what’s up with Codies love for overusing rainy weather in every other race? I know you’re from the UK and all that but come on :lol:

The game is still great fun though and excellent to play in short bursts. Makes me wish that CM would be given the BTCC license.

Last edited:
I personnaly prefer the old one with the HD patches, but the remake is really cool too. Not that far behind, there's just some choice I dont really like, like the accessories, the suitcase add-ons and the cuts on some parts. I'm also not a fan of the bosses in this game, I prefered the boss in the OG. It just seems they try to add more stuff that you might have to pay later on. And Gasha need to disapear from video game you pay 60+ USD/EUR unless it's a crane game.
I haven't tried the HD patch on the original so can't compare, it does look good though I must say.

I wouldn't say the game steers you towards paying for any more content especially compared to what some other capcom games do.

After my 4th playthrough on professional I am done with RE4R for a while, currently trying to get into Doom Eternal, having a hard time, seems way hard than Doom 2016 for me.

Sort of feel like I'm wasting my Xbox PC Game Pass 3-month trial that my friend gave me. Only really played two games and just a tiny bit of DiRT 5.

Forza Horizon 5 (PC) : Feeling rather burnt out on the Forza Horizon series and FH5 is an overload in the wrong ways for me. It feels like "work" than fun and after I complete the week's Festival Playlist, I just drop the game. Not sure exactly my reason is, but jumping back in and being bombarded with "Hey you should try this!" over and over with all these notifications was not exactly motivating. It is alright to just put on a podcast and do what I can to unlock the week's playlist car.

Battlefield Hardline (PC) : Of all the Battlefields, this is my first experience. I'm sure it's hardly a great representation, but I sort of enjoyed it despite it being a very linear scripted sequence for the single player campaign. Kind of enjoyed finding ways of being passive and not killing anyone, just arresting and tazing criminals. I normally hate stealth in first person shooters and in general in games, but it wasn't too bad in this despite the inept AIs. No plans to play multiplayer and I uninstalled after completing the campaign with the side objectives.

Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox 360) : Been more motivated to play through FM2 than FH5.... Enjoying unlocking cars that never really returned to the series, especially the odd tuner cars they tried so hard to push in the day. Still wish there was a way to access the DLC cars with them now being delisted for a while. Certainly a "challenge" not having the later series staple of the rewind feature, but it's tolerable.

Project Gotham Racing 3 (Xbox 360) : After "finishing" PGR4, I wanted to go back and unlock some of the vehicles/concepts that never showed up in PGR4. Just like FM2, I wish I could access the old DLC cars that also never returned. Certainly some parts I enjoyed more than the later or earlier games. Not playing as much as I was earlier this year.

Wildfrost. Wildfrost and more Wildfrost. :lol:
Advanced wars 1+2 reboot on Switch. The old magic is still there.
I need to get that at some point. Never played the sequel but I played the hell out of the original on the GBA. Loved mucking around with the map editor.

Finished Resident Evil 2 Remake last night, I took a few days off to move and get settled so I played through my son's afternoon nap to get from the sewers to the lab (after realising I was missing out on some stuff
as I found a film roll and a key I never ended up using in the sewers, so I found the secret elevator through which you get the Lightning Hawk attachments and some flamethrower fuel by going back to the police station.)

The lab was probably the lowest point of the game, but the game is so good overall that it was still great, it's just that that's where I finally started to feel comfortable and I ended the game with tons of ammo for everything except my magnum.

I guess I'm moving on to RE3R tonight, which I hear is short, then on to the main course of RE4 after that. We'll see if I make it through to the end of RE8 without taking a break to play something else, RE4 is the one in most excited for but I haven't played 6, 7 or 8 before.

I'm kinda going back and forth a lot of games lately.

I played a game called Warp Drive. It's an antigravity racer that really easy to pick up and play - think less of Wipeout and more Mario Kart, with single-button drifting and mini-boosting and all that jazz. Its main gimmick is that you gather bunch of energy crystal around the track not only to shoot missiles or drop mines, but to warp boost and drive through some part of the track or warp to the completely new section of the track, and it's pretty rad. Vehicle design is good, sense of speed is great, and track design is frequently gorgeous, but it's kinda overpriced at 30-ish Canada bucks with only 12 tracks. What is here is good, but I wish it had a bit more bangs going for its bucks.

Also, I played Iron Brigade. I always wanted to play this one, but it being an 4-player coop game kinda put me off of it until now. I had no reason to not try it now that it's on Gamepass, and turns out it's perfectly playable alone and it's ton of fun. I'm currently done with the main campaign, and is playing through the survival mode to grind some good gears. I hear Mars DLC is pretty hardcore without other people helping out, so I need all the preparation I can get.

Also Also, I've been playing Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventures expansion too, just rally- and hillclimb-converting bunch of random cars and throwing them out on stages like a rally-themed cousin of Dr. Eggman. I haven't really been keeping up with FH5 all that much since playlists weren't interesting me as it did before, but Rally Adventures pulled me straight back. Just navigating the routes itself is an amazing fun, and it makes me kind of wish entire main game was more of this.

Also Also Also, I recently unearthed a 3DS charger I put in some cabinet and forgot about. So I took out my old 3DS and discovered Mario Kart 7 in there which I seem to have played it once and never touched again for some reason, so I've been playing a little of that here and there. Mostly when I'm supposed to be working but my boss isn't around. I don't play it for a long period because it makes my right hand hurt like crazy for some reason.

Finally, I'm on my fifth playthrough of Elden Ring. No particular reason, I just really like playing it.

Back