What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Got some good time into Resident Evil 4 remake and it's like I never left. I don't think I've completed a playthrough of it since its original release (but I did play it to death back then) so maybe I'm misremembering it but, so far at least, it does just feel like the perfect remake and I can't wait to play more.

Got some good time into Resident Evil 4 remake and it's like I never left. I don't think I've completed a playthrough of it since its original release (but I did play it to death back then) so maybe I'm misremembering it but, so far at least, it does just feel like the perfect remake and I can't wait to play more.
Have you played the RE2 remake on PS5?? I'm really wanting to re-visit it, don't know why, but one of the best to me...

Have you played the RE2 remake on PS5?? I'm really wanting to re-visit it, don't know why, but one of the best to me...
Not on PS5, I've played about an hour on my PS4 Pro then played it start to finish on my Steam Deck a month or so ago. Great game, loved it, can't wait to go back and do Claire's story.

Bought a month of EA play to see what BF2042 and F1 22 were like on PC. I already own both of these on PS5 and haven’t played them for a long time.

BF2042 has come a loooooong way since the last time I played it, but it still doesn’t click with me. Playing with a mouse and keyboard makes it more enjoyable though.

F1 22 certainly looks prettier on PC but the lack of traction just ruins it.

Last edited:
I tried again but I just couldn't get into Atomic Heart. I think it spent more time updating than me playing it... I mostly blame the voice acting/dialogue... just terrible, I even switched to Russian for immersion purposes and see if the delivery was better, but no, just flat and annoying. Seriously, couldn't the English voice actors fake a Russian accent? As for the gameplay, not very good, just a Bioshock wannabe.

So I've turned my attention to A Plague Tale Requiem, which just as the first game has much better dialogue delivery (in the original French, of course.) It also helps that is now in 60fps, although the resolution mode (40 fps in Series X at 120hz output) is not bad at all.

Lastly, Ravenlok, I love the look, but the story so far feels rather familiar right from the start... we'll see.

Tried Atomic Heart via Game Pass. It just did not click with me. It felt soul-less, unlike Bioshock.

Been playing Crime Boss a lot, very underrated title. Also got John Wick: Hex. Still have Dead Island 2 and TLOU P1 on the backlog.

I've finished TUNIC a couple of weeks ago and have to say it is definitely one of my top 5 best gaming experiences.

It is so cleverly done: the way things unravel and also the way the game (and its creator) seem to be reading your mind... It was a pleasure being lost and not knowing what to do next in this game.
The game also has all these layers, which allow you to complete it in many ways - from simply beating a final boss to discovering a whole new "language". It is brilliant.

I also like the fact that you can simply change the difficulty midgame (and even turn yourself invincible) if you want.
For someone like me this makes all the difference, because otherwise I don't have the time or patience nowadays to be constantly dying and retrying something and it would be a shame to miss out on something so magical because of this.
xdUw7hv.jpg

pFuvkeP.jpg

Mvt99qa.png

I've also tried Ghostwire: Tokyo and... finished it.

Wasn't expecting to, really. As I mentioned before, I just wanted to have a look at the style and visuals.
However, the atmosphere was really nice and walking around the streets of Tokyo (and with all the weird things going on) got me hooked. The fact that the game was relatively short helped as well.
L2z9w5z.jpg

jRfALqA.jpg

PX89ap5.jpg

4e8T5BG.jpg

I also like the fact that you can simply change the difficulty midgame (and even turn yourself invincible) if you want.
For someone like me this makes all the difference, because otherwise I don't have the time or patience nowadays to be constantly dying and retrying something and it would be a shame to miss out on something so magical because of this.

I felt this way with Control. Allowing you to just change things up on the fly rather than forcing you to die over and over again made the game so much more enjoyable.

Like you, I don’t have time to keep trying at something I know I’ll never beat.

I've been sucked into the charmer that is American Truck Simulator (Steam sale for £4.12) and I'm absolutely smitten with it.

A lovely map in my starter area of Redding, and I've done a couple of easy jobs so far - whilst I don't have my own truck, it seems a good ongoing tutorial to work for others and get my head around shunting and reversing the truck into the delivery bay for the full XP. Took about 15 minutes the first time and roughly 8-10 minutes this time. I used to drive a forklift, but even that is a cake walk compared to remembering the reversed controls of the artic!

Will look into downloading some car mods so I can cruise the American highways at some point.

Last edited:
Inspired by this thread I am playing Resident Evil 2 remake. So awesome to be able to relive this adventure. I Played the original so much when I was just a kid on the Ps1. It is such an achievement to be able to feel nostalgic and at the same time terrified because of the new perspectives and all. Love it.

Still having a good time with Resident Evil 4, it seems to have suddenly become very tight-fisted with ammo and health though, not sure if this is intentional or I've somehow broken the game by having tons of pistol ammo while not using my other guns so much... Also one boss fight and the preceding chapter ran at like 20-25fps the entire time which was pretty miserable - that's the trade you make playing on a Deck, I guess. I'm up to chapter 12 now out of 16 so based on previous chapter completion times I probably have around 4-7 hours left to play.

Command and Conquer Remastered. I'd love to see Tiberian Sun and the Firestorm expansion get a remastered too, along with Red Alert 2.

Until yesterday's announcements I swear I didn't know anything about Dragon's Dogma by Capcom, so after some research I bought it (about US$30) and I'm rather amazed so far. Since I'm anti souls and final fantasy games at this point, it seems that DD will do!

I never finished it
I wouldn't worry too much, neither did Kojima. Beyond a certain point it becomes ultimately pointless to keep playing but I managed to get over 450 hours in it with the help of mods. Great game overall, just such a disappointing lack of closure.

I'm on the last chapter of RE4, hopefully the same won't apply... I'll miss it when it's finished for sure. I'm getting pretty good at parrying (after forgetting it was even a thing for most of the game) and I'm almost solely using my pistol, half out of necessity because I don't have much ammo for anything else and half because I just really like it and it makes me feel like John Wick.

Edit: admittedly I did use a rocket launcher on the last boss, but the final chapter wasn't long at all so I was finished shortly after this post. I decided to start NG+ on hardcore, breezed through the first couple of chapters but questioned why I was bothering because the only reasons to play through again (other than because you enjoy the game, obviously, but I'd only just finished it) are to unlock weapons and complete challenges or achievements and I don't really care about that so much.

So I've moved on to Resident Evil 5, again. Must be the fourth time I've come back to it after doing everything there was to do (except Mercenaries mode) back when it was new. There aren't many games I can say that for... Dunno what that says about me because it's objectively not a great game!

Last edited:
I just finished Chorus (Game Pass) and I'm glad I did because quality space shooters are rare these days. Graphics, performance, and gameplay are the strong points here, and the story is basically a redemption/transformation arch that gets convoluted but manages to drive its point in the end and it's a good one, a AA+ game.

Last edited:
I was going to skip PS4 and just wait until I got around to picking up a PS5 before getting into PS4 games, but I landed a free slim last month, so here I begin the games collection.

So far I've grabbed these titles for it:
  • RDR2 (I actually got this game at release and borrowed a friend's console to play, I was that excited for it. It's probably my favorite game ever.)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 (same situation as above; fantastic remake of the games that got me serious about gaming)
  • NFS Heat
  • Fallout 4 GOTY (haven't started yet)
  • God of War (haven't started yet)
  • Killzone Shadow Fall (haven't started yet)
  • NFS Payback (haven't started yet)

Currently playing NFS Heat, and man I am loving this game. I'd been so disappointed with the Need for Speed franchise for almost the entire PS3 generation (The Run was good, but otherwise a "meh" series), and Heat is a proper successor to Underground 2 if you ask me. It may or may not be worth noting that I will not be playing the self-titled PS4 NFS game, on principle of it being online-only. I hate when developers do that. Anyway, Heat falls just shy of perfection in so many ways that it's a bit annoying (I feel like I'm being teased with the potential, haha), but on the whole, I feel like I might be revisiting this one for years to come just to scratch my tuner car itch that Gran Turismo doesn't quite scratch. We'll see how I feel about other modern NFS games. *Edit: "Short of perfection"... except for the music. I turned the music completely off not too far into the game because everything I was hearing was garbage. It's sad, because the series has gotten me into some good artists in the past.

Last edited:
Gone back to Stardew Valley - now playing it on PS5, previously bought it on Switch and Mac.
Pretty much my favourite game of the last decade, up there with Breath Of The Wild.
Trying out the 4 Corners farm layout this time, keeps things nicely organised.

I'm enjoying that stealth element at the moment, trying to take down a camp of soldiers by sneak attacks and ranged weapons and not having enough ammo to do so without crafting on the go with the materials i have on me or can find near by. 👍

I'll miss that when i'm all buff and can just stride into any situation and take 80% of all enemies out without breaking a sweat. :indiff:
Still Elden Ringing it.

I am much more buff now so can take down most regular enemies quite easily. They don't scale with your progress so some you can blow on and they disintegrate where as others that were impossible as a low level are now just tough, which i prefere to games where enemies level up as you do.

I generally like the fact that the map has no quest markers and there's no quest log to refer back to, like you usually get with open world games, but it also means you don't progress the story much either, and when you do its generally by accident because you've stumbled across an NPC that was mentioned by another NPC back when you hadn't 'unlocked' a certain area.

It has a certain Japanese fantasy charm to the dialogue that feels a bit lost in translation, but it also means you don't always fully understand what the NPC's are telling or asking of you. You'll come across one in a tower who asks you to go kill 'X' in castle 'Y' and bring back 'Z'. But when you've never been to 'Y' you have no way of finding it until you stumble across it whilst exploring. Becuase there's no quest marker or log of the convo, you rarely remember that there was a quest there to complete.

I spend most of my time playing it refering to a web page on my phone open to an Elden Ring wiki so i have some vague idea of what i'm trying to achieve.

it's certainly not a game you can just rattle through to completion.

@CyborgGT I also really enjoyed Heat, after making it past the very beginning of the game where cars turn like boats, it kind of feels like they're running tyres far too wide for the power steering to know what to do with or something, but even one tyre upgrade makes it so much better. I spent all my time with the game trying to work out where the EA monetisation had been snuck in, thinking it'd open up a shop or something for boosts or unique parts or whatever so I was REALLY suprised to find they only released a map icon unlocked and a McLaren F1 (even if that's a bit pay to win, but whatever, it has LM and GT cosmetics and you can paint it orange). I'm not sure I ever bothered to unlock all the very best parts but I enjoyed the process of unlocking what I did, who knew raid mechanics and street racing would go so well together? I want to check out Unbound or whatever the new one is called, I just can't justify giving EA more than a tenner to make up for all the bad they do (like selling loot boxes to kids).

I'm still playing Resident Evil 5, it's really not great but it is entertaining, somehow. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's because I know it so well, I'm not sure. I'm trying to resist the urge to get all the most overpowered weapons... It's actually doing a decent job of doing that itself though since it doesn't give you a lot of money (except for one level that gave me probably more than every level before it put together for some reason).

Am I getting bored of Resident Evil? Maybe. I expect 6 will be a slog to get through but I'm looking forward to 7 and 8.

I'm torn on how I feel about remakes. Some of them are really good and it's great to experience old favorites without the old graphics and controls... but is the video game industry turning into the movie industry, where the developers are becoming lazy and cashing in on just freshening up something where the hard work of creation is practically already done for them?

So they put a demo of Lies of P out today, why not try it?
This reminded me of why I dislike even the idea of the Souls games, I will just not spend 60-70 dollars in frustration. But it seems to have high production/performance values, so fans of the genre should be pleased.

Last edited:
I'm torn on how I feel about remakes. Some of them are really good and it's great to experience old favorites without the old graphics and controls... but is the video game industry turning into the movie industry, where the developers are becoming lazy and cashing in on just freshening up something where the hard work of creation is practically already done for them?
Well in a case like system shock, its a pretty old classic, which not many could enjoy nowadays if not.

And it's an interesting, innovative design, and cool style, and premise, so i see it as a pretty good thing in this case.

And it's a well done remake.
Worth it seems to me.

There's a big difference in 'remake' vs 'remaster'. The latter being more of a 'polish up the ugly bits, but no major changes in gameplay', whereas a remake is a built-from-the-ground-up new version of the game. Nightdive spent 7 years on the System Shock remake (at least), so I don't think the hard work of creation was done for them at all. They reworked many aspects of the game alongside the visuals. They truly took all the good bits (story, level design) and brought them into the modern age while getting rid of or reworking the bad bits (e.g. the UI). Very hard to pull off correctly.

But I get where you are coming from: how come a remake of a 1994 game kicks butt when compared to many games that are coming out in 2023 (and have come out since 1994)? How is that possible, given all the technological advances between then and now? Is the industry going backwards?

I think there are a few components to that answer:

1. Yes, the industry is lagging, especially since COVID. Combined with the general risk-averseness of the industry (something we see in the movie industry too indeed) as well as C-levels jumping on hypes instead of making great games there's a bit of a drought.
2. For years, the industry has been dumbing down games and treating gamers as idiots. 90s games like SS do not do this, at all, so it feels fresh, even if it 'old' way of playing. No handholding here.
3. System Shock was really way ahead of its time, from a developer (Warren Spector) that produced several other ground-breaking titles such as Deus Ex, Thief and Ultima Underworld. It's a class apart and that's why it
4. Nightdive did not take the easy route here, it took 7 years and a restart or two to get this done the right way. But finally they understood how to respect the original and make it fresh at the same time. Class apart I would say.

Got hyped by Alan Wake 2 so I'm doing the remastered version because it's been 12 years now.

Also playing SF6 and Slay the Spire which I discovered recently and is absolutely amazing.

Tried Zelda BOTW but god I just can't understand this game, the world is either too big or too empty but I dont really find anything magical in it.

And finally getting ready for the 22nd, I really can't wait to get my hands on FF16.

Last edited:
Got hyped by Alan Wake 2 so I'm doing the remastered version because it's been 12 years now.

Also playing SF6 and Slay the Spire which I discovered recently and is absolutely amazing.

Tried Zelda BOTW but god I just can't understand this game, the world is either too big or too empty but I dont really find anything magical in it.

And finally getting ready for the 22nd, I really can't wait to get my hands on FF16.

As for
Im playing alan wake remaster as well on ps5, what a joy, smooth controls, looks super in the forest with fog and light, atmospheric, with the sounds etc.

Looking forward to the sequel, and to max payne 1,2 remakes, love the voice actor for max, James Mccaffrey, superb delivery in mp3 especially.

He's in control too, voice for Trench, and in aw.
Enjoying bioshock too, wish they'd patch prey and deux ex mankind to run smooth in bc mode on ps5.

I got watchdog legions on ps5, super cool to me, looks great, fun challenging open design gameplay for me.

Plus other games, my backlog grows..

Edit: also wish Rockstar made a remaster or remake of mp3 for ps5 etc, or sell back the ip to Remedy.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back