What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
Just shy of an hour into RE3R, it appears to be more action oriented than 2 was, I've already got more handgun ammo than one slot will hold (60 rounds, I think) and the shotgun, and the perfect dodge mechanic makes me think I'm supposed to be tangling with zombs more. I've also noticed there are environmental hazards like exploding barrels and transformers, too, and more "jump scare" sleeping zombs who spring into life as you get close. I don't mind that, but it's definitely less scary at this point than RE2R was an hour in.

Then again, playing through RE2R immediately before it may have taken some of the impact of the scariness out, maybe I'd have a different opinion if I hadn't. The production value is still super high and it runs really well on my Steam Deck, feels like a locked 60fps and the fan sounds like it's on holiday. So far so good with the remakes, it's quite heartening to see Capcom taking their heritage seriously and putting good work into them - contrast that with Rockstar's remakes of the three games that made them what they are...

Forza Motorsport 2 (Xbox 360) : Been more motivated to play through FM2 than FH5.... Enjoying unlocking cars that never really returned to the series, especially the odd tuner cars they tried so hard to push in the day. Still wish there was a way to access the DLC cars with them now being delisted for a while.
Depends if you wanna double dip, but you can buy a Platinum Hits release of FM2 called The Complete Collection which has a 2nd disc with all of the DLC on there ready to install (similar to how FM3 and 4 handled their additional content).

s-l1600.jpg

Honestly, the DLC cars added were all included in later Forza games, so its not a huge loss. The only ones that weren't are now the most interesting additions; an Altima, a facelifted 350Z and a recreation of the cover 350Z. Still peeved that we didn't get this here in the UK / Europe though, just for the sake of having the 'complete' game. We got the Ultimate Edition of FM3 with all the content so there's that at least.

Last edited:
Depends if you wanna double dip, but you can buy a Platinum Hits release of FM2 called The Complete Collection which has a 2nd disc with all of the DLC on there ready to install (similar to how FM3 and 4 handled their additional content).

View attachment 1251665

Honestly, the DLC cars added were all included in later Forza games, so its not a huge loss. The only ones that weren't are now the most interesting additions; an Altima, a facelifted 350Z and a recreation of the cover 350Z. Still peeved that we didn't get this here in the UK / Europe though, just for the sake of having the 'complete' game. We got the Ultimate Edition of FM3 with all the content so there's that at least.

I never knew that edition existed, but then again, I'm from the UK too.

I've just bought Street Fighter V Champion Edition in the PlayStation sale for £8.49 or so, and a racing game I had no idea existed for a whole £1.15 instead of £11.99.

It's called Kanjozoku and it looks pretty interesting. A weird mix of Tokyo Xtreme Racer and anime girls, but based on the real street racing crew from the late 90s so the car list is Civics, Skylines etc. Couldn't leave it for that low a price, so I will be looking forward to seeing how it stacks up.

Kanjozoku-Game-Pc-Game-Download.jpg
ss_7f259c6681436c81e6b7ee5743a8739ff89efe74.600x338-800x500.jpg

I just finished Resident Evil 3, I was only going to play a little tonight but got from
the hospital
to the end in one go. It was absolutely unashamedly inspired by two films I love, Alien and Terminator 2, and even ignoring the details it even felt like the first sequel to both of those franchises - an action sequel to the horror of Resident Evil 2.

I really liked it but it just wasn't all that scary, maybe I'm getting used to the Resident Evil formula though where you have things like a need to trudge through what will very obviously be the arena for a boss fight or surprise encounter to get something then go back through that same area and SURPRISE! It's a boss fight. Or how the game won't actually let you soft lock yourself (unless you're on higher difficulties, maybe, I've been playing on normal) so you don't really need to conserve ammo too strictly.

Anyway, I can't move on to RE4 yet because, having moved just last week, I don't have a proper internet connection and even though I paid for unlimited mobile data this month I doubt it would even be fast enough to download all 60GB before Thursday (the install date for our fibre connection) anyway. I guess I'll have to try something else!

On the rare occasion I’m not flying in VR in Microsoft Flight Simulator I’m having an hour or two with Grid Legends and I must say it’s fantastic, proper arcade racing with a controller and no worrying about set ups or any of that malarkey, it looks stunning too on my pc and getting on average 90-100 fps so it’s smooth as silk, the city tracks are absolutely brilliant, loving it

View attachment 1251665

I forgot they had those, but it is unfortunate that they stopped doing it in the Xbox One and later era. Well, now I gotta look up FM3 and FM4 versions after buying the regular ones. :boggled:

Sadly they never did a 'complete' version for FM4, which is a real shame since its arguably the peak of the series and had a lot of eclectic and oddball choices in its DLC packs that we might not see again.

Weirdly, they did the reverse and offered what they called the Essentials Edition that came with some console bundles, which had the first disc and nothing else. This meant you didn't have access to about half of the cars couldn't technically 100% complete the game if you wanted to. You could buy the missing cars in bulk DLC packs if you wanted, but the cost came out the same as just rebuying the regular game with the 2nd disc included at the time (or even more, if you shopped around).

its arguably the peak of the series
My brother had a 360 that I took when he no longer wanted it, FM4 was the only game I was interested in trying and I absolutely loved it. I feel nostalgic for it in the same way I feel nostalgic for GT4 - tuning JDM cars and driving up and down Fujimi Kaido was as much fun to me as, uh, tuning JDM cars and driving lap after lap of Tsukuba in GT4, 5, 6 and 7. The closest I ever came to reliving that FM4 fun was Nurburgring "track day" lobbies in GT5 and 6, I had a real love affair with the Amuse 380RS Superleggera and had a few really fun casual races with actual humans in it.

It was a shame the disc drive in that 360 would just go to sleep mid-game, you could always tell when your session was going to come to an end when the console went eerily silent, precipitating a short drive over the horizon and through the floor as the buffer ran out.

Objectively, I think it is the best one for sure; a true motorsport sandbox compared to the more 'closed off' experience that GT5 offered at the time. Some of the most fun for me was taking econoboxes like the Citroen C1 and Chevy Spark and running lengthy races against the hardest AI, which to this day are some of the most fun and intense races I've had in any game.

Forza 2 is still my personal favourite, mainly down to shallow reasons such as the UI, presentation and event structure, but I can't deny FM4 was the best one for offering anything and everything you wanted to do, which no FM game has really captured since then.

I just finished Ghostwire Tokyo (Xbox Series X), and as a two-time visitor to Tokyo, I think this counts as the third! (but without the crowds :lol:) The big star here is the city environment and the supernatural Japanese lore, and the soundtrack is outstanding. It took me about 18 hours for the main story and some sidequests, and IMO it merits a second, more exhaustive run (but now on the Series S).

I'm also revisiting Gears 5 to remind me of the great Xbox exclusives... And after what I've seen/read so far, I no interest at all in playing Redfall.

Last edited:
Not playing as such - just trying to avoid Zelda spoilers as the whole game has leaked/been pirated 2 weeks ahead of release.

Glad I'm not a PC gamer as that version of Jedi: Survivor is apparently virtually unplayable. "Performance" versions on the consoles are pretty ropey as well, seems they rushed this one out way too early, even after a 6 week delay. I'm using the "quality/30fps" option on PS5, very early on but haven't had any issues. It's still quite a looker, more open world than the first game.

Image.jpeg

Spring update :

• Remnant: From the Ashes (coop with a RL friend)
  • Wreckfest (finally started playing it)
  • Diablo II & III (in preparation for Diablo IV)
  • GT7 (daily mileage) & FH5 (weekly car grind)
  • I actually restarted some singleplayer FM7 (it’s been ages since I last played it - feels fresh again)

Upcoming games looking forward to : Diablo IV & FM-not-8

Decided to fill the gap between RE3 and 4, since I can't download the latter until I have an internet connection (hopefully tomorrow), with Hades.

To be honest I think this one was maybe overhyped, or maybe it's just that I'm not good enough at it yet to have seen the thing that makes it worthy of the praise? It's clearly a very good game, don't get me wrong, but it won GOTYs all over the place and I think some BAFTAs or something and I don't really understand why because I feel like I haven't seen the spark that elevates it above other roguelites besides its fun dialogue mechanic and truly varied weapons. I'll keep playing, but I haven't been blown away yet.

Today was the day when I finally gave FIFA another chance. I’d sworn off it a few years back after it made me start to feel genuinely murderous due to scripting/balancing/whatever it’s called meaning that you’re repeatedly screwed over by the game code rather than beaten by another team, even if you’re actually playing another real person. I’d flung controllers, shouted some unrepeatable words and elbowed walls as I’d fought tooth and nail to score a goal as every ball is whipped off your feet just as you shoot, every shot blocked or saved impossibly, every attack broken up, balls bouncing off the post, then in the third minute of the two minutes injury time the opposition break and you can just watch as they tap the ball into the net with their first shot of the half. Aaaaarrrgghhh. No good for my health, delete

and, FIFA 23 just happens to be exactly the same. I quite enjoyed it initially when I dropped back to professional, until I realised it was too easy and I needed to go onto world class. Then it just started happening again and my elbow is killing. delete

I just finished Ghostwire Tokyo (Xbox Series X), and as a two-time visitor to Tokyo, I think this counts as the third! (but without the crowds :lol:) The big star here is the city environment and the supernatural Japanese lore, and the soundtrack is outstanding. It took me about 18 hours for the main story and some sidequests, and IMO it merits a second, more exhaustive run (but now on the Series S).

I'm also revisiting Gears 5 to remind me of the great Xbox exclusives... And after what I've seen/read so far, I no interest at all in playing Redfall.
Never been to Tokyo but yet it appeared so accurate. Watched comparison photos and it do appear to be closely modelled in parts. Gameplay got a bit tedious but quite okay overall

After completing the masterpiece that RE4R was 4 times I went back for another run on RE2R and RE3R.

Since then I tried out a fair few games from PS Plus (immortals fenyx rising, DOOM Eternal, The medium, FF15, GRID Legends) but none have grabbed me enough to play more than an hour or 2 before not being interested.

With summer on the way ( hopefully the weather gets better in the UK) and no releases coming up which interest me it looks like I might be taking a break from gaming until winter.

Gran Turismo 7, Destiny 2 and World of Warships Legend are pretty much all on PS5. On PC I play Raid Shadow Legends.

Edit. How could I forget Advance Wars reboot on my switch. It is the best game I play.

Last edited:
Advance Wars: Re-Boot Camp, Wildfrost and GT7 mainly. Think I've going to move back to Spider-Man Remastered and finally finish off the third DLC, which I've been putting off for too long now.

I got Mad Max on sale. Graphics show their age but still an interesting game, open world, side quests, lots of off roading and upgrading.

alp
I got Mad Max on sale. Graphics show their age but still an interesting game, open world, side quests, lots of off roading and upgrading.
Mad Max starts off great but falls off a cliff toward the end. The unlock pacing is terrible too, I remember by the time I could get the first engine unlock, I had enough scrap saved to buy all but the last one straight away, and even before that I was very outmatched against everything in the wasteland so the engine upgrades just made that even worse!

Hades is starting to gel now, I'm out of the "floundering" stage and into the inconsistent stage where I die to either the first or third bosses, which is weird because I beat the first boss the first four times I fought her, and she's killed me like three times since. Still not convinced it deserved all the hype, but it's very good.

Got PGA Tour The Road To The Masters trial for PS5. have now bought the game,, can't beat a good game of golf, got good physics , 30 courses , just need too find how to putt from the fringe and add spin without having too tap x multiple times as i feel that ruins the experience for me.

Just picked this up in the PSN sale.

Looking forward to digging later today.

Mug me bought it full price, Going to start waiting for sales. Was same with RE8 Village on psvr2 on sale in no time.

It happens, and it stings when it does.

I’ve now put in a few hours and upped my guys skills and experience. It’s a very interesting take on the old left stick swing mechanic. Feels a little less fluid than previous games, yet feels like the room for error has increased - or at least it’s easier to be ever so slightly off and no two swings are the same.

Graphics are meh, loads of pop in, laser lights in facial hair, laggy menus and I’ve suffered 3 game breaking bugs which needed a closure of the game to resolve.

That being said, it’s not heavy on the push for micro transactions which I feared it maybe, there are lots of things to do and I like the daily and weekly tournament things.

Overall, as long as EA do more fixes which they seem keen to do, then I’m a happy camper.

Diablo IV server slam (free beta this weekend).

I didn’t play the previous beta weekends but holy moly, they did an excellent job on the game. Sadly anno 2023 they need to infest it with battle passes, premium tiers skips, micro transaction shops and all that crap. But apart from that, this game is awesome.

I reinstalled KOTOR 2 and gave it a go with the Restored Content Mod. I forgot how good RPG games used to be.

Back